Saturday Night LIve

49,606 Views | 399 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by The Kraken
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

It was a train wreck before even that bit. I've never cringed throughout an entire monologue before.
You might be overreacting a bit, lol
also the comments in the youtube are hilarious, but not on purpose
Its a lot of people who likely never watch SNL, going "you tell em brother!"
The Porkchop Express
He seemed high as a kite and probably thought up the monologue 20 minutes before air. It's not like Woody was some straight laced dude previously.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
TyHolden
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

He seemed high as a kite and probably thought up the monologue 20 minutes before air. It's not like Woody was some straight laced dude previously.
yeah, well, he said that during the monologue. that's his schtick right?
TXAG 05
AG
TCTTS said:

It was a train wreck before even that bit. I've never cringed throughout an entire monologue before.

Not even close to the worst.
TCTTS
AG
TXAG 05 said:

TCTTS said:

Not even close to the worst.

Context. Subjective.

Quote:

... but that had to have been one of the worst SNL monologues I've ever seen.
TXAG 05
AG
Other than the rambling, just didn't think it was that bad, but we are all entitled to our own opinions.
jokershady
AG
I've never seen it….but apparently back in 90s (or maybe even late 80s) Jean Claude Van Dam hosted SNL and it was one of the worst ever….starting with one of the worst monologues ever….

I don't do well with cringe inducing stuff when it's real life (so The Office doesn't count) so I've never looked it up but can imagine it's pretty bad….
TXAG 05
AG
The worst one I can think of is when Tom Green hosted. The Van Damme one is infamous, but supposedly the worst was Steven Segal, if I remember correctly it's been cut from reruns, streaming, etc.
Faustus
The Segal episode was reportedly hard to kill.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Milton Berle hosted once in the 70's and Lorne Michaels hated it so much that he kept it out of syndication and reruns. Think that still holds the place in lore as the worst host ever.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Now that I've seen the full monologue

I honestly have no idea what people are upset about or how it was a "trainwreck." It's just Woody being Woody. Anyone upset with it has an agenda.
TCTTS
AG
I have no agenda and could not care less about the vax thing. I simply thought he sounded like a rambling moron with no plan of what he was going to say. Yes, that's Woody. Yes, I still like him. But I also cringed while listening to him talk for five minutes last night, that's all.

I hope you guys can find in yourselves to forgive me for offhandedly expressing my opinion about a random SNL episode. Good Lord.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Good Lord.
TyHolden
AG
double aught
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

These guys are so good.

Thought this was the best skit from last night.

Love Kenan. Dude is just funny.

https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/archive/2023/02/kenan-thompson-saturday-night-live-woody-harrelson-20-seasons/673222/
The Porkchop Express
I'm so impressed with Please Don't Detroy, coming in as another trio of nerdy white guys after Lonely Island left and they're so competely different and hilarious. Loved Woody's "It's 2015" line in there.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

I have no agenda and could not care less about the vax thing. I simply thought he sounded like a rambling moron with no plan of what he was going to say. Yes, that's Woody. Yes, I still like him. But I also cringed while listening to him talk for five minutes last night, that's all.

I hope you guys can find in yourselves to forgive me for offhandedly expressing my opinion about a random SNL episode. Good Lord.
Its too late, we have projected our own reasons upon you for why you didnt like it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Everyone here just needs to get the newest COVID variant and chill out.

TyHolden
AG
last pic of Kelce smoking cigar....that's from jff

TXAG 05
AG
Thought Kelce did a pretty good job last night

Txmoe
AG
TXAG 05 said:

Thought Kelce did a pretty good job last night

Agreed! Most athletes come off very stiff and uncomfortable but he was surprisingly good. Also liked that they included his brother, Jason, in stuff.
DallasTeleAg
Gotta admit, this did make me laugh:

TCTTS
AG
Sports-Ag
AG
tk for tu juan
Was about to post that sketch. Hope there is a behind the scenes to see if they were isolated from the audio in the waffle house, or if the two scenes were shot separately and composited in editing. I do not know how they kept a straight face with everything going on

Edit: watching it a second time, Jenna and the dude turn their backs to the action a few times to avoid laughing. Missed that the first time while watching the background and laughing
PatAg
AG

I thought this was the best one, it felt like a fully developed idea. Feel like a lot of sketches are generally one funny moment and just filler
Mikey Day and her committing to over the top drama of it was great.
DallasTeleAg
The only thing funny about that sketch was Keenan's reactions. But that's literally all Keenan does is react with things like, "Okay" or "Well then...", when some other character just does or says anything stupid.
The Porkchop Express
Sports-Ag said:

It's an underrated niche, but Mikey Day really knows how to play quality white trash.
AustinAg2K
PatAg said:

I thought this was the best one, it felt like a fully developed idea. Feel like a lot of sketches are generally one funny moment and just filler
Mikey Day and her committing to over the top drama of it was great.
Did you not see the Waffle House sketch?
PatAg
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

The only thing funny about that sketch was Keenan's reactions. But that's literally all Keenan does is react with things like, "Okay" or "Well then...", when some other character just does or says anything stupid.

Sounds like you didn't get it
The Milkman
AG
PatAg said:

DallasTeleAg said:

Sounds like you didn't get it

Count me in as "not getting it".
jeffk
AG
Nothing Keenan does will ever be unfunny to me. He's hilarious.
The Porkchop Express
jeffk said:

Nothing Keenan does will ever be unfunny to me. He's hilarious.
My all-time favorite Keenan moment - Keenan as Steve Harvey hosting Celebrity Family Feud with "Jordan Peele" suggesting you can't just stay in catch comedy forever and Keenan breaking the fourth wall in response.

beanbean
The Milkman
AG
One of the funnier sketches I've seen in a very long time

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.