*** JFK REVISITED: THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS *** (Documentary)

24,754 Views | 349 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by TCTTS
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Eliminatus said:

Count me as one of those who has no idea what happened. I look at this from the end to the start. I don't know if Oswald was alone. But what I do know is that there is a LOT of WTF questions that either have no real answers or I flat out don't believe the official ones. The response and buildup to it all is just shady as hell to me.

I think a negative is that we look through how everything was handled in a 2021 lens. Things were way different then, and I think a lot of things they did, they should have known better but didn't. I don't know if that was standard practice then or what.

Imagine today an ungloved guy parading around a crowded, crime scene that wasn't roped off with a murder weapon with no gloves. But you watch other documentaries about the 60s and it was more common then.

DNA wouldn't be used in a trial for over 25 years after JFK was killed.

Quote:

Is there a conspiracy? I truly don't know. I also don't think the official story from start to finish is kosher either though. And again, why keep the records sealed?
I don't think there are a lot of records sealed that matter much as it pertains to the assassination. The autopsy photos are sealed, though a handful have leaked out. I think most of what is sealed has to do with covert operations and people that were undercover or informants or how CIA/FBI gathered information.

People that lean towards conspiracy will say that proves that there was a FBI/CIA conspiracy, but I don't think it does. I think there are valid reasons to keep that spy stuff sealed, but we will find out in a few years. There wasn't much in the last release of stuff.

One of the records released in 2017 was the records of the interviews with the KGB officer in charge of Oswald's file who defected in 1964. But the CIA also suspected that guy may be a double agent. Here's the wiki article on that guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Nosenko

Quote:

Great thread. Soup, you an SME? Or just a super fan doing his own research over the years?
Just a guy with a library card. There is so much data and conjecture, not sure anyone can really be a SME over the whole thing. It's been a few years since I made a deep dive into this stuff. I guess around the 2017 release.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Lone shooter. Not a difficult shot for a trained shooter (visit the location sometime - I worked a block away for years). People have always wanted there to be more to this than there really is. A nutter shot the president who was in a convertible a short distance away
Guitarsoup
AG
cbr said:

Im no expert, also no conspiracy nut. But there is so much evidence i have seen over the years for a conspiracy that my best guess is if lho was just a nut lone assassin, then he probably pleasantly stunned a whole lot of people plotting to kill jfk. And knowing the way the world turns, that wouldnt surprise me either. Lol.
I don't think there is a lot of evidence of a conspiracy. In fact, I don't think there is any direct evidence of a conspiracy.

I think there is a ton of conjecture about a conspiracy, but a lot of it is based on things like what Stone has done. He obviously takes one sentence of an interview out of context and infers it means something that it doesn't.

I do think there were a lot of people that wanted to kill JFK or would benefit from his death in some way. We know there were other assassination plots.

Just the nature of the time, the 60s and 70s were kind of the height of serial killers, public assassinations and the like in America. Last major attempts I can think of are the softball game and Gabby Giffords. After Lennon/Reagan ones in 80/81, we don't see as many major public figures assassinated anymore. But from 63-81, we had JFK, MLK, RFK, Malcolm X, Milk, Moscone, Judge Wood, Lennon, Reagan, etc.

I definitely think the Mafia would have wanted to kill JFK, but that also seems like it was outside their usual operating structure. We also have a bazillion records, wiretaps, FBI agents that infiltrated the Mafia and rats that sung like a bird to save their ass. None of them told of the Mafia's involvement in the JFK assassination. That information would be a get out of jail free card.
Bighunter43
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Are you trying to claim that the people in a hospital emergency room in the middle of one of the most chaotic, pressure-packed moments in its history, are able to remember with absolute clarity who was there and how many fragments they did or didn't remove from a person, or where a bullet came from, etc? That's your evidence?

I am telling you what people who were there actually said! No one I have quoted were in the "emergency room". This was all later!
Sapper Redux
Bighunter43 said:

Sapper Redux said:

Are you trying to claim that the people in a hospital emergency room in the middle of one of the most chaotic, pressure-packed moments in its history, are able to remember with absolute clarity who was there and how many fragments they did or didn't remove from a person, or where a bullet came from, etc? That's your evidence?

I am telling you what people who were there actually said! No one I have quoted were in the "emergency room". This was all later!

Again, this is all happening in the middle of a massive, chaotic scene that these people are trying to recount much later. Care to guess the general accuracy of witness statements?
Bighunter43
AG
Guitarsoup said:

cbr said:

Im no expert, also no conspiracy nut. But there is so much evidence i have seen over the years for a conspiracy that my best guess is if lho was just a nut lone assassin, then he probably pleasantly stunned a whole lot of people plotting to kill jfk. And knowing the way the world turns, that wouldnt surprise me either. Lol.
I don't think there is a lot of evidence of a conspiracy. In fact, I don't think there is any direct evidence of a conspiracy.

I think there is a ton of conjecture about a conspiracy, but a lot of it is based on things like what Stone has done. He obviously takes one sentence of an interview out of context and infers it means something that it doesn't.

I do think there were a lot of people that wanted to kill JFK or would benefit from his death in some way. We know there were other assassination plots.

Just the nature of the time, the 60s and 70s were kind of the height of serial killers, public assassinations and the like in America. Last major attempts I can think of are the softball game and Gabby Giffords. After Lennon/Reagan ones in 80/81, we don't see as many major public figures assassinated anymore. But from 63-81, we had JFK, MLK, RFK, Malcolm X, Milk, Moscone, Judge Wood, Lennon, Reagan, etc.

I definitely think the Mafia would have wanted to kill JFK, but that also seems like it was outside their usual operating structure. We also have a bazillion records, wiretaps, FBI agents that infiltrated the Mafia and rats that sung like a bird to save their ass. None of them told of the Mafia's involvement in the JFK assassination. That information would be a get out of jail free card.

Your last quote is not quite 100 percent true: Operation Camtex (which I've mentioned in our previous debates in the history forum)....was the use of an FBI informant (Jack van Laningham )who was placed in Carlos Marcello's prison cell with a transistor radio with a recorder and they have Marcelo on tape admitting to setting up the assassination with Santos Trafficante.....Marcello also talked about how he owned Ruby's strip club and Ruby just managed it for Marcello. We know the HSCA came to the conclusion that "Marcello and Trafficante had the means and motive to carry out the assassination".....even RFK told his trusted aide Richard Goodwin "that mob guy from New Orleans....Marcello...was behind my brothers death!"
Bighunter43
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Bighunter43 said:

Sapper Redux said:

Again, this is all happening in the middle of a massive, chaotic scene that these people are trying to recount much later. Care to guess the general accuracy of witness statements?

That works BOTH ways....so you believe the witness statements of those you choose...and not others? It doesn't work like that.
Sapper Redux
Bighunter43 said:

Sapper Redux said:

Bighunter43 said:

Sapper Redux said:

That works BOTH ways....so you believe the witness statements of those you choose...and not others? It doesn't work like that.

I don't give much credence to witness statements in general. An overall agreement of basic facts can help elucidate an overall narrative, but if you're relying on very specific details from witness, you typically have an extremely weak case.
DannyDuberstein
AG
People suck as witnesses. We absorb fragments, we remember them incorrectly, and our mind makes **** up to fill the space in between to try to make sense of it. Then in a case like this, years go by which alter, degrade, and skew it further
Bighunter43
AG
Now let's look at Oswald for a moment: the WC goes out of the way to show that as a youth he was becoming a devout Marxist....yet he joined the Civil Air Patrol and tried to join the Marines before he was even old enough. As a marine, he works at a base in Japan where U2 flights over Russia initiate from. He defects, marries a Russian wife and returns and ends up in Dallas working for a company that makes maps for U2 spy planes at the height of the Cuban Missile Crisis. But this "loser...lone nut" goes to New Orleans and lives with his Uncle "Dutz" Murrat (a well known Carlos Marcelo bookie and associate)....where he is seen by many witnesses with David Ferrie (Marcelo's private pilot) and Guy Bannister (the most Anti-Castro guy around)...and then has the $ to print leaflets for his one man New Orleans chapter of the Fair Play for Cuba Committee...which, by the way, has 544 Camp Street stamped on them which is Anti-Castro Guy Bannisters office address...then he somehow has the $ to go to Mex City and see both the Russian and Cuban Embassies....back in Dallas this "loser" befriends well to do George DeMorenschmidt (know CIA affiliation)....orders his famous rifle.... and by the way in the picture with the rifle he's holding up two completely different Russian flyers that are known enemies of each other....he is able to get his gun back and forth to the gun range and home and doesn't own a car or have a drivers license....gets his gun to his house and back from Gen Walker's house (10 miles).....without a car....gets a job at the TSBD and kills Kennedy. (Let's not forget that Ruby, at the police station press conference corrects Chief Curry who missed pronounced Fair Play for Cuba....wonder what Ruby was doing there pretending to be a reporter....and how does he just happen to know that Oswald was part of Fair Play for Cuba....(and Ruby had tried earlier to actually go in the room where Oswald was being interrogated the night of the assassination....I'll delve into Ruby later). I have NO DOUBT Oswald is involved in the assassination.....but I still don't think he acted ALONE!
Guitarsoup
AG

Quote:

Let's talk "magic bullet" for just a moment. First of all, it was found 1 hour and 15 minutes later at Parkland on one of two stretchers in the hall (one carried Connolly, the other a boy with a deep cut on his chin which had bled all over the cart) by senior engineer Darrel Tomlinson, and he initially told Arlen Spector it did NOT come from Connally's stretcher. He claimed he was pressured and intimidated to say that, but still wouldn't, only saying he was "uncertain"! His story was corroborated by 2 witnesses...nurse Jane Wester and orderly RJ Jamison both said it did NOT come from Connally's.

Way all over the place.
Here is Tomlinson's testimony: https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/tomlinso.htm

Quote:

(Side note: Ruby was seen in that hallway 15 minutes before it was found...he even talked to journalist Seth Kantor....it could have easily been planted...of course Ruby denied he was never there...wonder why?) the bullet never made it to the autopsy, but went to the FBI lab.

We have a ton of photos, and a ton fo other people at Parkland. No one other than Seth Kantor says they aw Ruby there. There is no video or photo evidence that Ruby was there. Occum's Razor would say that Seth Kantor was mistaken.

Quote:

However, at the autopsy: Dr David Osborne, (Admiral and later Surgeon Gen of the Navy) testified that he "saw an intact bullet roll onto the autopsy table when Kennedy's body was removed from the casket"..."I had that bullet in my hand and it was in close to pristine condition when a SS agent took it from me"..... corroborated by an x Ray tech who said "we saw a pretty good sized bullet....it fell out when we lifted him up!" The commanding officer of the Naval Med School at the time Captain John Stover told 2 different authors, "there was a bullet at the Bethesda morgue".....but we know the "magic bullet" itself was never there!!
Big David Lifton fan? This has been debunked by the House Select Committee on Assassinations. Lifton is a kook and wants to keep this going, even when Osborne himself doesn't believe it, Lifton still does.

Lifton is also the conspiracy nutjob that believes in decoy ambulances, swapped bodies, and all hosts of other insane theories.

Quote:

We also know there is controversy over surgeons who removed bullet fragments from Connallly....and the weight of those fragments outweigh the missing fragments of the "magic bullet"...and we know that some of the fragments were never even removed from Connally'!
I love it when we hear "case closed", or there never was ANY evidence of conspiracy....there is evidence that things don't add up, whether one chooses to believe it or research it or not is another story!
This is what we do know. Both Warren Commission and the House Select Committee on Assassinations found that the single-bullet theory was backed by science.

We know 90% of the witnesses in Dealy Plaza heard 3 or fewer gunshots.

We know that no evidence of a 4th bullet being fired has ever been found.

We know from Dr. Guinn's testimony featured (and misleadingly cut chopped up by Stone) that the bullet fragments in Connally scientifically matched CE-399 (the bullet) and also scientifically matched the casings in the Texas Book Despository.

We know that for JFK to be shot with another shot in the neck and travelling out of his upper right back, the shooter would have to be at an elevated position from the front and to the left. But we know from photos, video, and the testimony of Bill Greer, that there was no one on the Triple Overpass AND that would be an awful snipers nest since it is out in the open on a busy railroad track.

We know for a bullet to travel from JFK's neck to upper back, it would have embedded in the back of the limo - trunk or seat, but we have pictures of that area, and we know that didn't happen.

We know that when you line up everything, the single-bullet theory works:

We know that for those wounds to happen to Connally, the bullet would have needed to be shot through JFK when you place him in the car. Where else could the shot have come from?

Go to 26:30 on this video: https://vimeo.com/157963453
In this video, they use real people in Dealy Plaza and a laser to see how it lines up.

Guess what, it does line up.

Also, how freaky must it have been to be working in Dallas and see someone with a rifle on a lift at the Texas Book Depository aiming a rifle at a convertible limo?

Here's another recreation:

This last one, Discovery's Beyond the Magic Bullet, was really well done. I started it at a particular point, but I suggest watching the entire thing.

What you and others bring up is how can a bullet cause all that damage in two people and still look so great?
Watch starting here:

They took the same batch and lot of bullets and were able to duplicate the pristine bullet.

Keep watching to the segment past that pristine bullet in the log to see how a bullet fired through ballistics gel will tumble, just as the "magic" bullet is believed to have done - which is what flattened the side on Connally's ribs.

So, we have a TON of recreations that have been done that shows that the single bullet theory is possible.

We know the bullet CE-399 is an exact match for the bullet fragments found in Connally's body and that those all came from Oswald's gun.

So to disprove:
Do we assume Oswald's 2nd shot missed JFK and went into Connally?

Where did the shot of JFK's neck and back come from?
Where did the shot of JFK's neck and back end up?

We know from the Zapruder film that JFK and Connally were hit at precisely the same time, and it would have taken 1.5-2 s to fire the Oswald rifle twice.

Rejecting the Single-Bullet theory causes more problems than it solves. And those problems cannot be solved with any available evidence or logic. A bullet that went through Kennedy had to end up somewhere, and the most logical place is Connally's back.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Damn Guitarsoup really knows a lot about assassinations!
Guitarsoup
AG
Bighunter43 said:

Guitarsoup said:

cbr said:

Your last quote is not quite 100 percent true: Operation Camtex (which I've mentioned in our previous debates in the history forum)....was the use of an FBI informant (Jack van Laningham )who was placed in Carlos Marcello's prison cell with a transistor radio with a recorder and they have Marcelo on tape admitting to setting up the assassination with Santos Trafficante.....Marcello also talked about how he owned Ruby's strip club and Ruby just managed it for Marcello. We know the HSCA came to the conclusion that "Marcello and Trafficante had the means and motive to carry out the assassination".....even RFK told his trusted aide Richard Goodwin "that mob guy from New Orleans....Marcello...was behind my brothers death!"
Marcello said that he brought in multiple hitmen from Canada and Europe to execute the JFK assassination and frame Oswald as a Patsy, AND he planted a ton of red herrings all around to embarrass the FBI and CIA.

He waited almost 25 years to say all this and there is no corroborating evidence for any of his blusterous statements. He didn't use it to get out of his MANY arrests or jail sentences, but rather, he was bragging to someone.

I find it less than believable that Marcello hired hitmen from overseas, he set up Oswald, he planted red herrings to trick and embarrass the FBI and CIA, and the ONLY evidence we have of ANY of that happening is Marcello bragging.

Without any evidence to back it up, I'm going to leave this in the not likely category. Believe it or not, some criminals lie.
Guitarsoup
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Damn Guitarsoup really knows a lot about assassinations!
Guitarsoup
AG
Bighunter43 said:

Sapper Redux said:

Bighunter43 said:

Sapper Redux said:

I think you have to take all witness statements as a whole as well as the hard facts we have and come to a conclusion.

Stone played that clip of the redneck saying the shot came from the grassy knoll, but just 12% of eyewitnesses thought the shots came from there. He didn't play any of the people that said it came from the TBD. He ignores the majority of the evidence and the majority of the witnesses to push his propaganda.

And that is what most conspiracy theorists do. They single in on one tiny detail or witness statement, ignore larger conflicting statements that show that maybe their memory was off in some way, and they run with it. We see the same thing with Vicki Adams.
Bighunter43
AG
First of all, I used nothing from Liftin....It's also known that in Dale Meyer's Discovery Channel he moved Connally to line up the shots....we also know that JFK's back wound was 6 inches below the collar and you know that Gerald Ford convinced the WC to move the wound up in order to line up....and Admiral George Burkley (who is the ONLY one who' was at Parkland and the autopsy) testified that the back wound was too low to come of the Adams Apple. (Heres a thought....sit in a chair upright and have someone make a mark in your back 6 inches below the collar....have someone hold a pencil from any upward angle....have someone take a picture from the side and see if that angle lines up through the Adams Apple).....the Discovery Channel episodes have been debunked....as far as the bullet fragments "matching"....that has been dispelled by A&M researchers in 2007:
https://science.tamu.edu/news/2013/11/skepticism-surrounding-jfk-assassination-bullet-evidence-focus-of-texas-am-statisticians-50th-anniversary-talk/
Bighunter43
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Bighunter43 said:

Sapper Redux said:

Bighunter43 said:

Sapper Redux said:

I think you have to take all witness statements as a whole as well as the hard facts we have and come to a conclusion.

Stone played that clip of the redneck saying the shot came from the grassy knoll, but just 12% of eyewitnesses thought the shots came from there. He didn't play any of the people that said it came from the TBD. He ignores the majority of the evidence and the majority of the witnesses to push his propaganda.

And that is what most conspiracy theorists do. They single in on one tiny detail or witness statement, ignore larger conflicting statements that show that maybe their memory was off in some way, and they run with it. We see the same thing with Vicki Adams.

Author Henry Hurt in 1986 (before the release of JFK documents) confirmed that over 60 witnesses have claimed that the FBI and the WC altered their testimony about the shots.....again....there are 2 sides to this and NOTHING is 100% one or the other! We know that long time Kennedy aides Dave Powers and Kenny Odonell (who were riding behind the Pres) have admitted that at least one shot came from the front....Powers has said he was "pressured" to change his testimony for the "good of the country!"
Guitarsoup
AG
Bighunter43 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Bighunter43 said:

Sapper Redux said:

Bighunter43 said:

Sapper Redux said:

Author Henry Hurt in 1986 (before the release of JFK documents) confirmed that over 60 witnesses have claimed that the FBI and the WC altered their testimony about the shots.....again....there are 2 sides to this and NOTHING is 100% one or the other! We know that long time Kennedy aides Dave Powers and Kenny Odonell (who were riding behind the Pres) have admitted that at least one shot came from the front....Powers has said he was "pressured" to change his testimony for the "good of the country!"
Hurt pushes the Easterling Confession that was a hoax. He isn't very reliable. Where are those 60 witnesses?

As for Powers, read his actual affidavit. You are definitely changing it up. He said he had a fleeting thought that one might from the front and they were driving through an ambush, but he thought the shots were from the right and overhead.

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/powers1.htm
Stive
AG
Bighunter43 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Bighunter43 said:

Sapper Redux said:

Bighunter43 said:

Sapper Redux said:

Admitted? So Kenny O'Donnell "admitted"? "Ok….I admit it….one of the shots came from the front."

Or, "It seems like one of the shots sounded like it came from the front." That's not an admission.

Words have meaning.
Guitarsoup
AG
Bighunter43 said:

First of all, I used nothing from Liftin....It's also known that in Dale Meyer's Discovery Channel he moved Connally to line up the shots....we also know that JFK's back wound was 6 inches below the collar and you know that Gerald Ford convinced the WC to move the wound up in order to line up....and Admiral George Burkley (who is the ONLY one who' was at Parkland and the autopsy) testified that the back wound was too low to come of the Adams Apple. (Heres a thought....sit in a chair upright and have someone make a mark in your back 6 inches below the collar....have someone hold a pencil from any upward angle....have someone take a picture from the side and see if that angle lines up through the Adams Apple).....the Discovery Channel episodes have been debunked....as far as the bullet fragments "matching"....that has been dispelled by A&M researchers in 2007:
https://science.tamu.edu/news/2013/11/skepticism-surrounding-jfk-assassination-bullet-evidence-focus-of-texas-am-statisticians-50th-anniversary-talk/
The first video uses the zapruder film and digitizes it to place Connally and Kennedy in the positions they were in. This has been done a ton of times and it always works.

Those videos I posted have not been debunked, but they have been reinforced by pretty much every large-scale recreation ever done.

And to debunk it you still have to create a second location for the shots to go through and explain what happened after the exit wound. You and no one else can do that, because there isn't a logical, feasible path for anything other than the single-bullet theory.

There are tons of half-assed efforts to discredit the single-bullet theory. There is not a single theory that can explain:

1. where the bullet that hit JFK's neck/back originated from
2. where the bullet that hit JC's back/chest originated from
3. Where the bullet that hit JFK's neck/back terminated
4. where the bullet that hit JC's back/chest terminated
5. where is the evidence for the JFK bullet
6. where is the evidence for the JC bullet
7. who fired each bullet
8. where is the evidence for each bullet
9. why is there a lack of evidence for two separate bullet.

No one tries to answer these questions. At all. They try to discredit the single bullet theory, but dont' have anything else and no other solutions. It's absolutely ridiculous.
Bighunter43
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Bighunter43 said:

The first video uses the zapruder film and digitizes it to place Connally and Kennedy in the positions they were in. This has been done a ton of times and it always works.

Those videos I posted have not been debunked, but they have been reinforced by pretty much every large-scale recreation ever done.

And to debunk it you still have to create a second location for the shots to go through and explain what happened after the exit wound. You and no one else can do that, because there isn't a logical, feasible path for anything other than the single-bullet theory.

There are tons of half-assed efforts to discredit the single-bullet theory. There is not a single theory that can explain:

7. who fired each bullet

No one tries to answer these questions. At all. They try to discredit the single bullet theory, but dont' have anything else and no other solutions. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Bighunter43
AG
Let's look at Seth Kantor's testimony about seeing Ruby at Parkland:

Guitarsoup
AG
Bighunter43 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Bighunter43 said:

7. who fired each bullet

This is absolute bull****, they x-rayed the entire body. They autopsied him, including his chest cavity. There was no bullet lodged in him other than the fragments found behind his right eye.

You can't possibly believe a solid lead 6.5mm rifle round would enter his body at 1500f/s or more and not go through him.

This might be dumber and less sourced than the Mortal Error theory.

Quote:

Moving the seat a couple inches either way doesn't account for where on the seat he was actually sitting, how he was turned, etc.

Again, this has been done hundreds of times and it always shows that it is possible.

If you want to disprove it, you also need to show where all the shots came from and you need to use evidence.

You and all the other Conspiracy theorists cannot do that. The evidence is not on your side to disprove the single-bullet theory. So all you have is out of context quotes, but no evidence.
Guitarsoup
AG
Bighunter43 said:

Again, as I posted before, he believes he saw Ruby. You know what at the same time, Vicki Adams thought she saw Ruby at TBD.

But we have tons of photos, tons of videos, and tons of other eye witnesses. None of the other evidence, photos, videos, or eyewitnesses corroborate their testimony. The most logical conclusion is that they were mistaken.
Bighunter43
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Bighunter43 said:

Again, as I posted before, he believes he saw Ruby. You know what at the same time, Vicki Adams thought she saw Ruby at TBD.

But we have tons of photos, tons of videos, and tons of other eye witnesses. None of the other evidence, photos, videos, or eyewitnesses corroborate their testimony. The most logical conclusion is that they were mistaken.

Amazing how people "trust" some eyewitnesses but distrust others....we pick and choose which ones to believe to fit our narrative! I would think Kantor would be a trusted source and no reason for him to lie...after all, he knew Ruby!
Bighunter43
AG
Dave Powers admitting he was coerced to change his testimony:
Bighunter43
AG
From Tip O'Neill's Man of the House:

schmidthead
They're right when they say it couldn't have happened that way as there is no forensic evidence supporting a frontal shot.
DannyDuberstein
AG
schmidthead said:

They're right when they say it couldn't have happened that way as there is no forensic evidence supporting a frontal shot.

This. I've always been amazed at how people could buy the grassy knoll theory. Totally nonsensical
Hey Nav
AG
I came across this short video of the legendary Red Duke. Never knew about his connection to the Governor.

A much longer interview which I'm finding very interesting, with two of the Doctors at Parkland. It's about an hour long.

Guitarsoup
AG
Bighunter43 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Bighunter43 said:

Amazing how people "trust" some eyewitnesses but distrust others....we pick and choose which ones to believe to fit our narrative! I would think Kantor would be a trusted source and no reason for him to lie...after all, he knew Ruby!
It's not just picking someone to trust and someone to distrust. I am looking at the whole event.

Kantor says he saw Ruby.
Kantor has no reason to lie.
No one else saw Ruby.
We have tons of photos of the scene. None show Ruby
We have tons of videos of the scene. None show Ruby
We have tons of witnesses at the scene. None say Ruby was there.
Ruby said he wasn't there. I think he was with a Rabbi at a Synagogue, but I could be misremembering.

What is the logical conclusion?
Guitarsoup
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

schmidthead said:

This. I've always been amazed at how people could buy the grassy knoll theory. Totally nonsensical
Especially when you go there and look at pictures of the overall scene.

You wouldn't even hunt a deer from a place so exposed, but you are going to set up and wait for the President and shoot him?
Sapper Redux
Yep. People tend to forget that just because someone "has no reason to lie" doesn't mean they're telling the truth.
Bighunter43
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

schmidthead said:

And yet 2of JFK's most trusted aides who in the car behind him felt that shot(s) also came from the front....I'm sure they were "totally nonsensical!"
Sapper Redux
Bighunter43 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

schmidthead said:

And yet 2of JFK's most trusted aides who in the car behind him felt that shot(s) also came from the front....I'm sure they were "totally nonsensical!"

"Felt."

We've already been over the problems with witnesses and their understanding of acoustics. As someone who has been shot at a fair amount, I wouldn't ever trust someone in a city to tell me where the shots came from unless the shooter was 2 feet away. And even then…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.