Jeopardy! Guest hosts.

35,441 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Proposition Joe
Proposition Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So now that I've found my Jeopardy family, which one of you can I pay to send me the previous days episodes?

I use a streaming service and have no DVR, so when my local station moved Jeopardy from my 11am lunch time slot it was basically the worst thing that has ever happened to me.
Counterpoint
AG
Proposition Joe said:

I use a streaming service and have no DVR, so when my local station moved Jeopardy from my 11am lunch time slot it was basically the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

The worst thing?

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Proposition Joe said:

So now that I've found my Jeopardy family, which one of you can I pay to send me the previous days episodes?

Many streaming services do include a DVR like function.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Search YouTube. It's pretty much always uploaded the day of. Quality is usually pretty decent. I'm on Pacific time with my station playing it at 6:30 pm, so it gets bumped a ton. YouTube has come in clutch for those moments.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
cr06gis said:

Wow. Matt's latest win was a nail biter

Shouldn't Matt have just gone for the tie and bet 0 in that scenario? I guess he might have been afraid that she played well in the next game.

Edit: oh my bad, I forgot that they have a tiebreaker round now rather than co-champions.
Southlake
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

cr06gis said:

Wow. Matt's latest win was a nail biter

Shouldn't Matt have just gone for the tie and bet 0 in that scenario? I guess he might have been afraid that she played well in the next game.

Edit: oh my bad, I forgot that they have a tiebreaker round now rather than co-champions.
If he was going to bet at all, he might as well bet a bunch.

gunan01
AG
Mike Richards Steps Down As New Jeopardy Host

Let's hope they do the right thing and just hire Ken Jennings or Buzzy Cohen. I don't think Robin Roberts or Joe Buck (other excellent fill-in hosts) are available.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Wow. Mike Richards is out after being cancelled.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-reviews/mike-richards-jeopardy-host-out-1234999713/amp/
The Milkman
AG
Whoa. I'm sad because cancel culture got him for no real reason, but not overly so because it gives Ken or Buzzy their rightful chance.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I was not a big fan of the selection (essentially picking himself too), but this cancel crap is bull***** Especially in his case where it was so mild and basically friends ripping on each other
israeliag
AG
Not mad about it, he was boring and purportedly a d bag.

Even taking this article with a grain of salt, Jeopardy! could do so much better.

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2021/8/18/22631299/mike-richards-jeopardy-host-search-process-past-comments
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hosts:

Alex Trebek: 1984-2020
Mike Richards: August 11-August 20.

Quite a legacy.
An L of an Ag
AG
What is it about show biz folks named Michael Richards that can't get out of their own way?
bigjag19
AG
A A Ron!!
Southlake
And, Richards made these comment almost 10 years ago!

Hello Buzzy?

Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
As long as they don't pick Levar Burton (he was terrible, reading rainbow be damned) or Blossom for the syndicated show, I'll be happy.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
From the statement he provided, he'll still work as producer and they will try new guest hosts.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Since they already have Blossom, the only logical replacement at this point would be Joey Lawrence.

HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

As long as they don't pick Levar Burton (he was terrible, reading rainbow be damned) or Blossom for the syndicated show, I'll be happy.

Man, I really wanted him to be good. He just wasn't. Maybe my expectations for him were too high, but he was mediocre at best. Buzzy, Ken, or honestlyAaron Rodgers
Quad Dog
AG
oragator
Richards lost his EP job today too.
Southlake
oragator said:

Richards lost his EP job today too.
Bet there's a lot more to the story than theyre saying. We'll see if he bought up on any charges in the near future.
Quad Dog
AG
Regardless of everything else he said or did. Someone deserves to take the blame for how the host replacement was handled. The EP losing their job on how host replacement was handled is reason enough.

You know the people at Wheel of Fortune are taking notes right now and making plans.
oragator
More on the story.
Michael Davies of Men in Blazers fame has the interim EP gig.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/mike-richards-fired-executive-producer-jeopardy-wheel-of-fortune-1235052887/
DannyDuberstein
AG
Talk about ambition biting you in the ass. If the dude had just let Ken Jennings reschedule the episodes with a conflict (which wasn't a big deal and they had apparently already worked out) instead of seeing it as an angle to give himself a tryout, none of this happens and he's still humming along with his EP job. Now he's jobless and none of these woke hollywood companies are going to touch him
DannyDuberstein
AG
And fwiw, while I think cancel culture is crap, how this process went down smelled bad. For a new producer tabbed to provide some stability to get them transitioned from the previous long-time EP as well as prepare for life after Alex, pulling what he did had to cause some internal problems. I think this would have eventually imploded without any of the cancel crap. There's a lot of smoke around this dude
Quad Dog
AG
Cancel culture may be crap, but to not take it into account when researching the background of a replacement host for a daily TV show is dumb.
cajunaggie08
AG
Quad Dog said:

Cancel culture may be crap, but to not take it into account when researching the background of a replacement host for a daily TV show is dumb.
No need to do a background check when you just pick yourself as the host
Furlock Bones
AG
i saw some headlines that people are already tearing into Blossom due to comments she's made about csections, vaccines, and parenting in general.
Quad Dog
AG
Exactly. Putting yourself in that position of conflict of interest is reason enough to lose your job as EP. Either you recuse yourself from the process of choosing a new host, or you don't audition if you are a part of the process. You can't do both.
IMO, doing both things and choosing yourself is reason to lose your job for many reasons (conflict of interest, poor decision making, loss of big picture, etc.) all the other nonsense is just more straws on the camels back that's already broken.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Quad Dog said:

True, but this is basically my point that the guy botched the job they hired him for. To try to put an impartial spin on it, he "recused" himself from the selection process. But all that really means is no one was doing the EP job in the way it needed to be done. And he was still the EP prepping other guests hosts, which becomes convenient for him to get to prep what is now his competition. And it's not like they have a bullpen of EPs at the ready to do all of the legwork that the actual EP needed to do for this selection.
mic suede
Its entertaining to see the people who preach about personal accountability crying about cancel culture.
Shocking that the guy who hosted "Beauty and the Geek" was a hypocritical ass hole.
Southlake
At this point, Ken Jennings is the obvious pick.

Untouchable.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Furlock Bones said:

i saw some headlines that people are already tearing into Blossom due to comments she's made about csections, vaccines, and parenting in general.

And the fact that she sucked as a host.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Furlock Bones said:

And the fact that she sucked as a host.
Look, you don't know about the future, that's anybody's guess.
Ain't no good reason for getting all depressed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.