Jeopardy! Guest hosts.

35,423 Views | 336 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Proposition Joe
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Southlake said:

At this point, Ken Jennings is the obvious pick.

Untouchable.
He made some poor taste jokes on twitter once.

He out.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Southlake said:

Untouchable.

As he should have been at the beginning. They have worked really hard to make this far more complicated than it needed to be and **** it all up
cr06gis
AG
I'm an impatient person, so I would just have a robot or automated program be the host. We wouldn't have to worry about a computer attempting campy jokes with these asbergy contestants or slowing down the game with their "extra fact" about a correct answer.

Its already close to being a perfect game. This is the only gameshow that fills 90% of its actual timeslot to the ACTUAL GAME. Minimal filler other than the 2 minutes of "get to know you" crap after the first commercial break.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

Furlock Bones said:

i saw some headlines that people are already tearing into Blossom due to comments she's made about csections, vaccines, and parenting in general.

And the fact that she sucked as a host.

This. There is no good reason for her to even be in the conversation.
Counterpoint
AG
Southlake said:

Untouchable.
I think they're going to have to hire someone without a Twitter account.
Tibbers
I hear Jesus is coming back. Maybe they ought to hire Him?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Matt had another great game today, adding $67k to his winnings.

I think Mike Richards is actually a pretty good host. How many episodes did they film with him?
Counterpoint
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Matt had another great game today, adding $67k to his winnings.

I think Mike Richards is actually a pretty good host. How many episodes did they film with him?
Five, I believe (one day of filming).
DannyDuberstein
AG
Interesting how Matt has had to navigate different hosts in this run. Figuring out the host's cadence in order to time the buzzer is usually an advantage for the champion, but that has certainly been different than the norm. Then there is the disruption of the season break and whatever they did after Mike quit the host job.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I think Blossom hosted the next 3 weeks after Mike leaving.
DannyDuberstein
AG
That's my understanding. I meant more about the disruption of finally getting back to shooting the new season only to have to stop and wait for however long it took to get Blossom back and ready to film
oragator
https://apnews.com/article/066ec6a3293cd9ef2d07dded8431ff94

Bialik and Jennings to split it for the remainder of the year.
cr06gis
AG
Matt had a challenge on Monday, but prevails.

Blossom is still a beating even though you can tell she was told to tone down the awkward cackling. Her post answer responses come off as condescending pats on the head. I want to like her because I know we are stuck with her, but it's a challenge.
Tastybrisket10
AG
At this point they should just let IBM Watson be the host...or has he done something offensive yet?
bigjag19
AG
Tastybrisket10 said:

At this point they should just let IBM Watson be the host...or has he done something offensive yet?

He made some pretty sketchy comments about Commodores.
Quad Dog
AG
Quote:

Two years ago, Brown attempted to teach Watson the Urban Dictionary. The popular website contains definitions for terms ranging from Internet abbreviations like OMG, short for "Oh, my God," to slang such as "hot mess."

But Watson couldn't distinguish between polite language and profanity -- which the Urban Dictionary is full of. Watson picked up some bad habits from reading Wikipedia as well.

Ultimately, Brown's 35-person team developed a filter to keep Watson from swearing and scraped the Urban Dictionary from its memory. But the trial proves just how thorny it will be to get artificial intelligence to communicate naturally.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130110/14542221635/ibm-researcher-feeds-watson-supercomputer-urban-dictionary-very-quickly-regrets-it.shtml
bbattbq01
AG
Pretty close one for Matt yesterday, only managed to double up second place in the last few clues and then overthought the final jeopardy question.
Counterpoint
AG
bbattbq01 said:

Pretty close one for Matt yesterday, only managed to double up second place in the last few clues and then overthought the final jeopardy question.
I was REALLY surprised he ended up making that game a runaway!
Rudyjax
AG
Counterpoint said:

bbattbq01 said:

I was REALLY surprised he ended up making that game a runaway!

Definitely helped he got a true daily double.
Seven Costanza
AG
Little bit of blasphemy here, but was Alex Trebek slightly less important than we thought? I dislike Bialik, but I don't find myself liking the show any less. I barely notice her.
Counterpoint
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Little bit of blasphemy here, but was Alex Trebek slightly less important than we thought? I dislike Bialik, but I don't find myself liking the show any less. I barely notice her.

I agree, but only because she fixed her laughing issue!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Not blasphemous at all.. Alex even said as much in his autobiography…

DannyDuberstein
AG
Today's episode
MEEN Ag 05
AG
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Bout time. I was bored watching Buzzer Master mumble and stumble through the play clock.
bbattbq01
AG
MEEN Ag 05 said:

My thoughts as soon as I saw him lol

Matt looked totally out of it during double jeopardy.
AgPediRPh
AG
Oh yeah. Matt couldn't buzz in time and he was missing relatively easy questions.
Counterpoint
AG
What was his deal today? Did Ken disconnect Matt's buzzer?
HTownAg98
I think he may have been tired and threw it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Insights from past champions make these streaks even more impressive. They talk about how exhausting just one episode is, and then they are filming 5 shows per day and I think they usually film 2 days per week. And given the controversy and likely gap in filming that it caused, I wonder if they compressed the schedule to make up for lost time. Matt was mostly resistant to the fatigue fog, but I think it finally got to him.
oragator
If the British tabloids are to be believed, the crew is pulling for Mayim to be named permanent host.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10137497/Jeopardy-crew-pulling-gracious-warm-smart-Mayim-Bialik-named-Trebeks-replacement.html
Southlake
Still can't believe she got chosen.
cr06gis
AG
I enjoyed the long run that Matt went on, but I found myself rooting against Jonathan during his 12 show run. Was so happy to see him get beat. His head nod after every correct response was killing me, haha.

As for Mayim, we are stuck with her Im afraid.
DannyDuberstein
AG
This is reason 8 million why i never set up a twitter account. Little doubt in my mind that this job is Ken Jennings without his twitter history. And it was mild. It can only come back to haunt you
Southlake
Agree. Why was Jonathon so unlikeable? Seemed like he never played against any good players and was a poor bettor.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.