Sneaker Thread

924,847 Views | 14435 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by MBAR
BowSowy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:

He sent me some screen shots of some he found on GOAT for $120 and I thought not too bad so I promised them for him if his grades were good. When I went to purchase them I saw the pics he sent were for the toddler size and the adult sized were twice as much.
Kid's a hustler
Sea Speed
AG
Some kid trick or treating wearimg Jordan 1s asked if he could have my Jordan 1s the other night. Kids these days are spoiled. I got one pair of $50 shoes a year when I was a kid.
bonfarr
AG
MW03 said:

Gonna have to disagree. If your kid gets a bad pair, he it she will be branded forever cause kids are brutal and I can see them making it a point to try and call out fakes in a school setting.

My son told me some stories about that, a kid on his football team has a stepdad that owns a Sneaker shop in Austin and the kid knows his Sneaks and likes to spot the fakes. The ones caught wearing them were supposedly called out big time.
Teddy Perkins
AG
My son in 6th grade has legit AJ 1's and kids still tell him they're reps.
Sea Speed
AG
If you aren't trying to flex stuff like off whites or something, no one is going to notice you're wearing some reps of some random colorway of Jordan 1s. Speaking of, I took my kids to cicis for some dumb reason, first time I've been there in probably 20+ years, and there was some backwoods looking family and the dad was wearing cargo shorts and some off white something or others and the kid was wearing jordan 4 lightnings. I have a hard time believing they were real.
Sea Speed
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

My son in 6th grade has legit AJ 1's and kids still tell him they're reps.

Thats another thing I bet happens a lot, kid B is jealous of kid A so kid B just tells everyone kid A has reps.
MBAR
AG
StringerBell said:

sons of *****es made me go to GOAT but they're here and I love em

Nice. Really want a pair of these in any colorway.
MBAR
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

For an 8th grader, I would definitely explore the rep market. Pretty much any pair of shoes for $50-$100 that are indiscernible from the "real" version.
lol IDK man, you're setting up your child for a world of pain if those kids find out they are reps. I'm not a parent, but I'd give myself reps way before a middle school child. lol
MBAR
AG
MW03 said:

Gonna have to disagree. If your kid gets a bad pair, he it she will be branded forever cause kids are brutal and I can see them making it a point to try and call out fakes in a school setting.
EXACTLY THIS.
jeffk
AG
Speaking of reps, the front desk guy at the gym and I talk sneakers occasionally and I came in wearing my rep medium curry dunks a week or so ago. He complimented them and asked quietly if they were real or reps. I said reps and he smiled big and said "smart man." A few days later he was wearing some red and black OGs and as I walked by he mouthed "reps" to me. Just a funny dynamic when everyone's in on the game.
WES2006AG
AG
HSF!
powerbelly
AG
Hsf
TXAG 05
AG
MW03 said:

But is it worth it spend $300 on a pair of shoes they are going to outgrow in 6 months?
MBAR
AG
Hsf!
WES2006AG
AG
Those are so good
K Bo
AG

concac
AG
Jordan 1s.

Laces tied or untied?

I wear mine untied. I got wide feet so it helps with that but I also prefer how it looks with them loose.
Sea Speed
AG
Tied with knot tucked behind tongue
WES2006AG
AG
RealTalk said:

Jordan 1s.

Laces tied or untied?

I wear mine untied. I got wide feet so it helps with that but I also prefer how it looks with them loose.
I tie all of my shoes, never know when you will need to make some athletic changes in direction.
powerbelly
AG
Untied. I also have wide feet
fig96
AG
MBAR said:

StringerBell said:

I want a pair of the white ones but also already have some Killshots and it feels like just buying another more expensive pair of the same shoe
Old School Brother
AG
Speaking of reps, I know you guys have shared this info before, but I didn't want to search through 250 pages. What sources do you use? First google hit for "Jordan replicas" is a place called HypeUnique. Anyone ever used them?
powerbelly
AG
fig96 said:

MBAR said:

StringerBell said:

I want a pair of the white ones but also already have some Killshots and it feels like just buying another more expensive pair of the same shoe
I also want a pair of the white ones, but 4x retail is ridiculous.
StringerBell
AG
i was very impressed by the buying process/prices on GOAT
StillNotAnAggie
Old School Brother said:

Speaking of reps, I know you guys have shared this info before, but I didn't want to search through 250 pages. What sources do you use? First google hit for "Jordan replicas" is a place called HypeUnique. Anyone ever used them?

Look up Reps on Reddit. Here are a few. I believe the first one has a FAQ that spells out the process.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Repsneakers
https://www.reddit.com/r/repbudgetsneakers
https://www.reddit.com/r/BigBoiRepFashion
Goldie Wilson
Old School Brother said:

Start with repsneakers sub on Reddit. There's an FAQ there of trusted sellers, and lots of QC pics posted if you search around a bit
jeffk
AG
Holy crap - randomly checked through the rep sellers list and found someone (gmkim) who's producing the tweed dunk lows (professor 1's). Super nerdy but a personal grail shoe for me and second-hand would have run me near $1k.

https://www.gmkim.vn.ua/gm/Premium-Quality-Dunk-Low-Pro-SB-Tweed-304292-223
MW03
AG
TXAG 05 said:

MW03 said:

But is it worth it spend $300 on a pair of shoes they are going to outgrow in 6 months?

It's a fine line. I could see myself buying my kid one fancy pair a year as he's older. Or splitting the cost with him so he has some skin in the game. But personally, I probably wouldn't until he's old enough to understand how to take care of them.

bagger05
AG
I need some red laces for the new 3s that just arrived. Any recs for where to acquire them?

Also what length to go untied?
concac
AG
Lacelab.com
Buzzy
MW03 said:

TXAG 05 said:

MW03 said:

It's a fine line. I could see myself buying my kid one fancy pair a year as he's older. Or splitting the cost with him so he has some skin in the game. But personally, I probably wouldn't until he's old enough to understand how to take care of them.
The obvious solution is to send him to a summer camp where he learns how to make his own reps.
Wild West Pimp Style
concac
AG

https://www.nike.com/launch/t/air-jordan-1-chicago1

Nov. 19th
MW03
AG
RealTalk said:

Nov. 19th

EAs starting tomorrow...

Quote:

Understanding Exclusive Access for the Air Jordan 1 'Chicago'

Exclusive Access will provide some of our most dedicated SNKRS Members the opportunity to purchase the Air Jordan 1 'Chicago'. The offers will go out to a selection of Members who have entered and lost at least 20 different Air Jordan 1 High releases on SNKRS.

concac
AG
MW03 said:

RealTalk said:

Nov. 19th

EAs starting tomorrow...

Quote:

Understanding Exclusive Access for the Air Jordan 1 'Chicago'

Exclusive Access will provide some of our most dedicated SNKRS Members the opportunity to purchase the Air Jordan 1 'Chicago'. The offers will go out to a selection of Members who have entered and lost at least 20 different Air Jordan 1 High releases on SNKRS.

Sea Speed, be on the lookout for yours tomorrow.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I had an original pair of Jordans back in the mid 80's and I got a pair when they were reissued in the late 90's I think it was. I'm trying not to get my hopes up on this drop as I'm sure they will be the hardest to get because everyone will want them but I'm going to be bummed if I miss out. These are by far my #1 of all time.
First Page Last Page
Page 246 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.