Sneaker Thread

923,892 Views | 14426 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by MW03
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

It's official. Adidas cutting ties with Kanye.
WES2006AG
AG

Quote:

After a thorough review, the company has taken the decision to terminate the partnership with Ye immediately, end production of Yeezy branded products and stop all payments to Ye and his companies. adidas will stop the adidas Yeezy business with immediate effect.
Wow, full shut down of the Yeezy brand. This will hurt them short term but they had to move away from that craziness.
jeffk
AG
I wonder if they'll rebrand the Yeezy's as something else in the future?
MW03
AG
Eeesh. I think the Yeezy brand is worth something like $2BB to adidas, annually. I'm honestly curious if adidas can sustain the hit.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Someone is going to pickup the Yeezy brand because all they see is dollar signs...

sad but true
BowSowy
AG
jeffk said:

I wonder if they'll rebrand the Yeezy's as something else in the future?
Absolutely. Those shoes sell out so fast, there's no way they just dump them.
Sea Speed
AG
Is there anywhere to get a cheap pair of yeezys before the prices skyrocket? I never got picked on a draw and both wife and I want a pair.
jeffk
AG
Looks like prices haven't jumped up on StockX as of this morning, but I wouldn't say they're cheap.
Sea Speed
AG
Yea I meant relative to retail. Can get foot coverings for $20 if I was so inclined, of course.
powerbelly
AG
I would be interested to see what the contract with Adidas looked like.

Can they go on making the same shoes without the Yeezy name?

If so, I imagine they weather the storm just fine.
WES2006AG
AG
powerbelly said:

Doesn't Adidas already make non-Yeezy branded Yeezys in the form of Ultra Boost? I know that there are some differences between the 350 and the UB but they are more similar than they are different.
powerbelly
AG
I don't really pay attention to the yeezys so I am not sure. Most people I know don't buy them because of Kanye.
CFTXAG10
AG
powerbelly said:

They own the rights to everything they have made under the Yeezy brand, but I doubt they keep pumping em out. Its probably more of a warning to Ye and anybody that picks him up that they gotta come up with some new designs.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, one of their press releases made specific mention that they retain all rights to existing product designs.

EDIT - last paragraph here:
CFTXAG10
AG
Yepp, and I doubt Ye really cares. He doesn't have the infrastructure to mass produce new designs, so I will not be surprised to see a company take the gamble/risk to sign him and let him do what he wants.

Gonna lmao when we find out this was all a big ploy/ruse to get a deal done to bring Ye back to Nike (sarcasm, kinda....)
BowSowy
AG
powerbelly said:

I don't really pay attention to the yeezys so I am not sure. Most people I know don't buy them because of Kanye.
There's no doubt that a lot of the Yeezy hype is because his name is attached. I doubt 450s, foam runners, etc. would be popular if it didn't come from Kanye.

That said, I bet that 350s, 700s, and slides will still be popular even after the Kanye name is removed.
powerbelly
AG
BowSowy said:

powerbelly said:

There's no doubt that a lot of the Yeezy hype is because his name is attached. I doubt 450s, foam runners, etc. would be popular if it didn't come from Kanye.

That said, I bet that 350s, 700s, and slides will still be popular even after the Kanye name is removed.
I would be curious to see the sales numbers by model.
WES2006AG
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Yepp, and I doubt Ye really cares. He doesn't have the infrastructure to mass produce new designs, so I will not be surprised to see a company take the gamble/risk to sign him and let him do what he wants.

Gonna lmao when we find out this was all a big ploy/ruse to get a deal done to bring Ye back to Nike (sarcasm, kinda....)
I have to imagine that Nike will avoid Kanye like the plague for the same reasons Adidas sent him packing.
CFTXAG10
AG
That is just one helluva way to get what you want.

Ye wanted that Adidas contract terminated. Damn the cost....

He might be a genius, an idiot, or both.
MW03
AG
The larger problem for adidas is that they don't have any other hyped product. At all. People just don't really care about forums or gazelles or shell toes, no matter the name on them. Not a great time right before the holiday season to cut out your only popular product.

Know Your Enemy
AG
Adidas was founded by two actual Nazis. Probably why Kanye felt comfortable they would be OK with his anti-Semitic rants.
Sea Speed
AG
Maybe puma will pick him up.
concac
AG
Sea Speed said:

Is there anywhere to get a cheap pair of yeezys before the prices skyrocket? I never got picked on a draw and both wife and I want a pair.
Can I interest you in some Skechers?

https://hypebeast.com/2017/7/skechers-yeezy-boost-350-v2-beluga-copies
jeffk
AG
Sea Speed said:

Maybe puma will pick him up.

It really is funny to see people realize which huge multinational corporations were once cozy with the post-WWI ruling party of Germany.
David_Puddy
AG
RealTalk said:

Sea Speed said:

Can I interest you in some Skechers?

https://hypebeast.com/2017/7/skechers-yeezy-boost-350-v2-beluga-copies

My eyes are bleeding.
CFTXAG10
AG
WES2006AG
AG
Sounds like Adidas is going to rip the bandaid off with Kanye and move forward like he and Yeezys never existed. Can't imagine them ever rereleasing anything from his brand but I guess time will tell.
CFTXAG10
AG
WES2006AG said:

Sounds like Adidas is going to rip the bandaid off with Kanye and move forward like he and Yeezys never existed. Can't imagine them ever rereleasing anything from his brand but I guess time will tell.
If retailers jump on board, similar to Footlocker, there is no way from a PR standpoint they could sell his products. I don't think Adidas is sitting on a ton of Yeezy inventory as we speak anyways. Supply chain is still a mess. Might just be on the hook for what little they have left and what is currently in production/already produced. Makes me wonder if Adidas has their own specific factories overseas, or if its all outsourced.

Won't be surprised to see a lot of inventory end up backchanneled through resell sites like StockX, GOAT, ebay, etc.
MW03
AG
I know it's a little dickish, but I'm glad I got those CMPCTs now
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Fashion in planned 18-24 months in advance. Adidas will have product at every level of development getting impacted by this. I just heard NPR saying it will be a $250m hit to company profits.

Everyone at Nike right now is thinking, "Thank goodness he wasn't our guy."
Thanks and gig'em
BowSowy
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

Fashion in planned 18-24 months in advance. Adidas will have product at every level of development getting impacted by this. I just heard NPR saying it will be a $250m hit to company profits.

Everyone at Nike right now is thinking, "Thank goodness he wasn't our guy."
I think they'll let the outrage die down and just release all that stuff rebranded as "Adidas Supply" or something like that. Similar to how all of the TS shoes are leaning heavily on Cactus Jack after Astroworld.
Prophet00
AG
Any Pre-day fans on here?

Bought my son a pair along side some Dunks. I don't think he's ever worn these and now wants more dunks.

Size 9.5. Happy to give them to someone that will actually wear them.

MW03
AG
Speaking of Yeezy, my cmpcts arrived today, and holy crap. These are far and away the most comfortable shoes I have ever put on.
David_Puddy
AG
Prophet00 said:

Any Pre-day fans on here?

Bought my son a pair along side some Dunks. I don't think he's ever worn these and now wants more dunks.

Size 9.5. Happy to give them to someone that will actually wear them.

If you only had em in a 13 I'd be all over that. Pretty badass colorway
David_Puddy
AG
If anyone who doesn't like 4s or this colorway in particular wants to try for a size 14 for me I will be your best friend

First Page Last Page
Page 242 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.