Sneaker Thread

923,549 Views | 14426 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by MW03
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
David_Puddy
AG
MW03 said:

fire for the black shoe gang

Those are so incredibly close to the breds. Once I take my L, I'll definitely be going to the secondary market for those.
BowSowy
AG

New TS Lows, as well
Teddy Perkins
AG

These are nice. 4 days left to enter the draw.
cajunaggie08
AG
https://www.adidas.com/us/ultraboost-1.0-texas-a-m/HQ5878.html

MW03
AG
They are just bilking me out of money at this point. I legitimately have no business buying any more maroon shoes. They can't all be for gameday, damnit!
RED AG 98
AG
(as someone pointed out in premium) 1876 and 1939 on the upper are nice touches

eta: if you follow cajun's link you can see what I'm referring to. doesn't show up well on the angle pictured here.
Sea Speed
AG
Got that $70 maroon thread
MBAR
AG
They are nice but there's no way I'm paying 200 for them.
WES2006AG
AG
MBAR said:

They are nice but there's no way I'm paying 200 for them.
My first thought as well and there is a good chance these can be had for less than that in the near future.
AgfromHOU
AG
Hopefully I can use my educator discount on them
concac
AG
RED AG 98 said:

eta: if you follow cajun's link you can see what I'm referring to. doesn't show up well on the angle pictured here.
I'm gonna wait for next year's edition to come out when they'll have "2022" on it as well.
WES2006AG
AG
It isn't sneaker Friday but I decided to bust these out today.
cajunaggie08
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Where do you see the 1939?
RED AG 98
AG
I don't, I just saw 1876 on the right pinky upper. There was another comment about 1939 on the other side but no pics. Commenter also used wink emoji so maybe just in gest...
Old School Brother
AG
It's not Friday, but I did send my kid off to her 1st day of 1st grade today in some Berry 4s.

WES2006AG
AG
These are nice. Dropping on SNKRS next week.
PatAg
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

the 1.0 are very comfortable
MW03
AG
So i took advantage of the dipping market to pick up a pair of shoes i've wanted for a while. I went with GOAT, which is my standard practice over StockX these days.

After order, the shoes were shipped to GOAT for verification. I got a notice saying that something about my order required my attention. I go to my email, and they have sent me photos and a notes saying that there was a "craftsmanship" problem. They then advise that the seller offered me a slight discount ($16 off of $319) that I can accept, or I can ask for a replacement.

I don't think GOAT will allow shoes to be sold if there is a suspicion that they are fake. Rather, I think GOAT just sends them back. I also don't think they will allow worn shoes to be sold as DS without reclassifying. I also don't think this was a box issue because they sent me photos of the shoes themselves. I've had StockX contact me about a box being torn, but it was NBD to me because I wear all mine.

Looking at the photos, it straight up looked like two different shoes of the same make. Consequently, I asked GOAT to find a replacement. They did (for $2 cheaper than the original purchase price), and those are being sent to GOAT for authentication.

Morale of the story, I was impressed. It's not that the shoes were fake or that the box was jacked. Someone at GOAT looked at the shoes and said "these aren't good enough" and flagged them. Pretty cool.

Goldie Wilson
All of that and didn't even tell us what you ordered?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Shoes. He ordered shoes.
MW03
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Ha! I thought I put it in the first part. AMM AJ 1s.

For funsies, here's the pic that resulted in me asking for a replacement instead of taking the discount.

MBAR
AG
oh hell yeah glad you got that replaced. Those on the right are bad.
MW03
AG
it straight up looks like someone put it in the washing machine
David_Puddy
AG
Those look more grey in that pic versus off white. I've been eyeing those lately as well. Been about $100 price drop over the last several months in my size
MW03
AG
Yeah that's why I bit. Been watching since they dropped. Couldn't make my peace with $500, but definitely could at $300. I think these are second only to the union storm blues in my personal fav AJ1s.
K Bo
AG
Got the Penny 1's, opened the box, the 14yo in me got a huge b0ner, then I did some soul searching and realized current me likely would never wear them. Ended up flipping them on StockX for +40% return.
David_Puddy
AG
MW03 said:

Yeah that's why I bit. Been watching since they dropped. Couldn't make my peace with $500, but definitely could at $300. I think these are second only to the union storm blues in my personal fav AJ1s.

Yeah those are sexy. I love any blue Jordans
StringerBell
AG
Blue toe iversons dropped on reebok. A personal grail for me.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
K Bo said:

Got the Penny 1's, opened the box, the 14yo in me got a huge b0ner, then I did some soul searching and realized current me likely would never wear them. Ended up flipping them on StockX for +40% return.
Same. I have the 2006 ones and they sit on my bookcase shelf. Couldn't bring myself to ever wear them even back then, but they're trophies from my youth so I won't ever get rid of them. The air bubbles look like they're filled with Galveston water now, but whatevs.
CFTXAG10
AG
The world of sneakers seems to have just run into a massive wall in terms of "hyped releases" ; not many J's or dunks or anything getting put out nearly as often. Seeing a lot of stuff get pushed back to the end of August. Not sure if its shipping delay related or what.

On another note, every time I see a new colorway of these "split" Jordans I think they either lost their mind or ran out of ideas

Edit to add: One positive I am seeing consistently is folks able to grab pairs on secondary market below retail, at retail, or just slightly above. We were due for market correction and it is definitely here.
David_Puddy
AG

Quote:

On another note, every time I see a new colorway of these "split" Jordans I think they either lost their mind or ran out of ideas

Those are all horrendous and they look like bowling shoes. I can't imagine there will be much of a secondary market for those
Sea Speed
AG
They all make me think of this.

StinkyPinky
AG
PatAg said:

cajunaggie08 said:

the 1.0 are very comfortable
First thing I thought, they look legit comfortable which is paramount for me.
fig96
AG
K Bo said:

I'm sure it's been posted here already, but very much reminds me of this:

First Page Last Page
Page 226 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.