Sneaker Thread

924,401 Views | 14431 Replies | Last: 50 min ago by vmiaptetr
concac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MW03 said:

CFT, I think the fact that we both got the Parras and Undefeated dunks means we are 100% not hitting on the Travis Scott lows.
Yeah..y'all shouldn't even bother trying.
CFTXAG10
AG
I finally saw the TS Fragment High in person. It was a UA but I honestly wouldn't be able to tell the difference. They are pretty friggin sweet. I'll say some prayers on the lows.
concac
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CSUZrb2rpff

This is just lazy. Slap some text on the sole and people gonna still hype it up. It's like putting a Lamborghini badge on a Mustang and people will eat that s*** up.
Sea Speed
AG
Those shoes really screw with my perception
CFTXAG10
AG
MW03 said:

another ultra clean MA2

https://www.nike.com/t/jordan-ma2-future-beginnings-shoes-bK3TsG/DA2552-100

I finally tried the MA2 on yesterday at an outlet mall for the hell of it, and they were very comfortable! Pretty sharp too.
concac
AG
These are for women but who cares. I think this is a great colorway. So for guys who want to cop, just subtract 1.5 from the women's size. 10.5 women's = 9 men's.

https://www.nike.com/launch/t/womens-air-jordan-1-seafoam

Sea Speed
AG
I know I bagged on the tag on these but something makes me want to see them in person and try them on. Are they just around at most shoe stores?
CFTXAG10
AG
I tried on a white and black colorway at the Tanger Outlet in Texas City at Finish Line on my way back from Galveston. Would Imagine most stores have at least one or two colors on the shelf
CFTXAG10
AG
If they had a women's size equal to a Men's 12 I'd definitely consider it
Sea Speed
AG
Awesome thanks.
SquirrellyDan
AG
MW03 said:

A clean, attainable, understated AF1 for the aging former hypebeast

https://www.nike.com/t/air-force-1-crater-flyknit-mens-shoes-k3Jwmd/DC4831-002

These came in today and they're great. Super light and comfy. Thanks for the recommendation.
CFTXAG10
AG
Draw open on confirmed app. Even if you aren't buying for the toe the resell should be high.

WES2006AG
AG
Those look like shoes that are required for a bus boy at a bad restaurant.
MW03
AG
Orange/White AJ1 mids on Nike.com if you have a login. Not my jam, but pretty cool if you mess around with orange at all.

https://www.nike.com/t/air-jordan-1-mid-se-shoes-1r6S57/DM3531-800

91AggieLawyer
AG
Hmmm. Interesting thread.

I don't collect them per se but I can recall with enough specificity the shoes I've worn over the years going back to HS and college. I was pretty particular about them then and now.

In HS, I was all about these Pumas. I probably owned about 6-8 pair total and when one pair got old, I got a new pair and relegated the older ones to the "I don't care if they get messed up" pile. I probably started wearing these around my freshman year in HS.

At some point, I picked up a couple of pairs of Lottos. I played tennis in them but also liked them for daily wear as well. Something like this (but not exactly):

The Lottos were worn at a river rafting trip in Colorado one summer so they got tossed in the garage when I got home. I was between the Pumas, so I think that was about when I got a pair of Nikes. I don't recall the brand, whether the Bruin or not. They had the light blue swoosh:

I was wearing these Nikes when I saw Back to the Future! Though slightly different from Marty's, I got another pair or two and wore them that year and maybe another. Then, I think that was about the time I realized I had a couple of pair of unworn Pumas (above) in my closet and got to wearing those again. I had bought 3 or 4 on sale at some store (they had them mis-marked) and forgot about them! Anyway, I was sort of into the Magnum PI look at the time and the all-white Pumas worked well for me. I couldn't pull off the rest of it, though (no big shock there).

When Nike Cross-trainers became all the rage, I liked them. Nike actually made a good product back then. I bought those and their basketball shoes to play pick-up and church league stuff in:

Hoops (something like this):

Also played softball in these:

Mine were black, and I think A&M players wore the same shoe for a season or two circa 1993-94.

Around the late '90s I switched to wearing running shoes for almost everything. Other than a few pairs of softball cleats, and another pair or two of basketball shoes, I haven't bought another type of athletic shoe in over 20 years. I've owned at least the following running shoe brands (in no particular order):

Brooks
Asics
Mizuno
Hoka
Saucony

Today, pretty much all I buy is Brooks. I also have some Hoka Trail hikers, Asics garage/work around the house shoes, and that's it!

I wish I had kept an unworn pair of those Pumas.

Edit: forgot to tell a (somewhat) funny story about other shoes. Late '80s I start officiating hoops and I worked my way up fairly quickly in the early '90s to small college. At that time, the SWC supervisor was assigning some small college and juco and the other guy assigning other small college stuff was on the SWC staff, so they worked closely together. Anyway, if you worked in a certain conference, DI-III, the conference would send all officials some shoes. So one year they sent me these Converse Cons we were supposed to wear:

Obviously, the ones we wore were Black with the white logo. The NBA guys wore the same ones. I never really worked many games in that conference (it was called the "Heart of Texas" at the time; I don't even remember the schools, but it was DIII), however I still got a pair of shoes. But the really funny thing about it was everyone HATED these shoes. At the time, most guys liked a brand called Avia. Now, Avia is just a brand Walmart uses to make Chinese made knock-offs but then, they were a decent athletic brand. Most of us wore this shoe:

the 800 something. Anyway, the SWC was under contract with Converse and guys were expected to wear the Converse shoes, so several guys went to a shoemaker and had their Converse shoe logos cut out (or duplicated) and somehow sewn into their Avias! One older guy went so far as to have his old Riddell or Spot-bilt Ripple sole shoes coaches in the '60s wore in football done the same way. He had worn those things for years and didn't want to quit.

My dad had a pair of those monstrosities years ago! I had almost forgotten about them when I heard about the guy wearing them on the court in Division I games.
Sea Speed
AG
I used to wear saucony jazz and would drive to malls all over houston to find the different versions.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Elite vibes here. Not for rookies.
MW03
AG
Awesome.
concac
AG
https://www.sneakersnstuff.com/en/product/52259/nike-air-max-90-premium

Nice colorway for you AM 90 fans.
MW03
AG
MW03 said:

"Heat-reactive" AJ1 mids available at [url=https://www.shopwss.com/product/aj-1-mid-se-mens/DM7802100?cjevent=e1b8c205e4e111eb803f9b470a1c0e0b]https://www.shopwss.com/product/aj-1-mid-se-mens/DM7802100[/url]

The "buffleheads" are restocked on Nike.com for $130.

https://www.nike.com/t/air-jordan-1-mid-se-mens-shoes-JmPzSM
Sea Speed
AG
Love that nickname.
Sea Speed
AG
Of course 12.5 is already gone.
CFTXAG10
AG
I took an L on the deer blind dunks. Just setting me up for SNKRS glory on Friday
MW03
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I took an L on the deer blind dunks. Just setting me up for SNKRS glory on Friday

Man, I opened my app chasing the off white exclusive access hopeful notification, saw those on there and made an affirmative decision not to pull the trigger. deer blind dunks is the perfect name.
concac
AG
Damn....

Sea Speed
AG
I thought the days of people getting murdered for their shoes were long gone.
MW03
AG
Crazy. I am sure it still goes on, but it seems like that was a always the story going around when I was a kid. The rumor back then was that it was a gang thing. Crips and Bloods wore this shoe or that jacket in that color. Now, it's probably mainly because of how valuable some of them are.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1990/05/14/senseless-in-americas-cities-kids-are-killing-kids-over-sneakers-and-other-sports-apparel-favored-by-drug-dealers-whos-to-blame
Sea Speed
AG
Yep I remember my mom talking about it as well. Maybe that is how she justified only getting 1 pair of shoes a year for $50 or less. It was all over the news when I was a kid as well, id bet we arent too far apart in age. It was happening when the early Jordan craze was ongoing iirc.
Old School Brother
AG
i remember that SI coming out, especially since those 5s were my first pair of Jordans. Of course, I had the ones with the black tongue and the 23 on the side.
Buzzy
Sea Speed said:

Yep I remember my mom talking about it as well. Maybe that is how she justified only getting 1 pair of shoes a year for $50 or less. It was all over the news when I was a kid as well, id bet we arent too far apart in age. It was happening when the early Jordan craze was ongoing iirc.
I remember receiving that edition of SI and reading it (I had a subscription way back in the day when Sports Illustrated didn't suck), and it was when I first heard that Jordans were going for over $100, which was an astronomical amount of money to me for a pair of sneakers (still is).
CFTXAG10
AG
You have until 12:15pm Central to enter.

CFTXAG10
AG
Reminder 9am SNKRS app draw - light a candle and say a prayer

concac
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Reminder 9am SNKRS app draw - light a candle and say a prayer

It's gonna be armageddon if CFTXAG10 and MW03 both win TS X FRAGMENT. Only an act of God could that happen.
MW03
AG
979ag
AG
In for the TS shoes and Jordan/TS T-shirt

Edit: L's all around this morning. Fook the bots
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.