Sneaker Thread

923,672 Views | 14426 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by MW03
concac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll probably be laughed at as being anal but I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this. Do you guys brand mix i.e. wear Nike shoes with Adidas clothing or vice versa?

I don't do that. It's either all Nike or all Adidas. However, I do consider some brands as neutral like New Balance and Asics so I'll wear these shoes with any clothing brand.

jeffk
AG
Lol. I don't buy Nike or adidas socks to avoid having just this issue. Pants and shoes are a different story though - have to match those.
MASAXET
AG
RealTalk said:

I'll probably be laughed at as being anal but I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this. Do you guys brand mix i.e. wear Nike shoes with Adidas clothing or vice versa?

I don't do that. It's either all Nike or all Adidas. However, I do consider some brands as neutral like New Balance and Asics so I'll wear these shoes with any clothing brand.

Mixing brands is worthy of pointing and laughing
concac
AG
https://www.nike.com/launch/t/sacai-vaporwaffle-sesame-blue-void

https://www.nike.com/launch/t/sacai-vaporwaffle-dark-iris

AgfromHOU
AG
Stance socks are the way to go
StringerBell
AG
anyone hit on the hawaii dunks?

i took an l. look forward to my l on the sesame sacais coming up.
MW03
AG
Did not go in on the Hawaiian dunks, but planning to take an L tomorrow on the 11 legend lows.
StringerBell
AG
very emotionally healthy hobby we have here.
MASAXET
AG
StringerBell said:

anyone hit on the hawaii dunks?

i took an l. look forward to my l on the sesame sacais coming up.
I'll fight you for the sacais
MASAXET
AG
Finally got my PSG 4s!
StringerBell
AG
NOT IF I FIGHT YOU FIRST
StringerBell
AG
i really regret not getting those but also ive got big feet and they look a little clunky on me.
MW03
AG
these huraches are pretty clean...

Post removed:
by user
MASAXET
AG
StringerBell said:

i really regret not getting those but also ive got big feet and they look a little clunky on me.

You had 4s before? I actually think they're one of the lighter feeling and looking Js
StringerBell
AG
Yeah I got one pair of retro 4s that are more orange than red just because I liked the silhouette

Realizing that I like low tops way more than mids or highs.

Air max 97s are probably my favorites
MASAXET
AG
Aha, got it. Yeah I generally prefer mids and highs for Jordans.

And I've recently gotten bit by the air max bug, except I like the 90s.
MW03
AG
Random restock on the SNKRS app for dunks and dunk lows. Nothing but Ls for me, though.
concac
AG
StringerBell said:

Dropping today. The Ls are coming, boys!
cr0wbar
AG
Pardon me, why do yall want to catch L's with your shoes. Don't you want to catch dubs?
MW03
AG
I love both the Jordan 4 and carolina blue, but for whatever reason I don't feel like going in on these. I'm tempted to try just for resale in the event I get lucky because you know they are going to be 2x retail, but I figure then I'd just be part of the problem. I'd rather enjoy the fantasy of someone out there wearing a 12.5 actually winning the pair I'd select just to wear because they love them.
StringerBell
AG
same here. the grey throws me off. i loved the travis scott 4s.
MW03
AG
I think it might just be a proper hypebeast shoe for dudes who wear black jeans.
MW03
AG
StringerBell said:

same here. the grey throws me off. i loved the travis scott 4s.

I'd take Max's PSG 4s 10/10 over this drop.
MW03
AG
Speaking of Travis Scott, the 6s he just did are wild. Definitely not for me at all, but interesting to say the least.

concac
AG
MW03 said:

I love both the Jordan 4 and carolina blue, but for whatever reason I don't feel like going in on these. I'm tempted to try just for resale in the event I get lucky because you know they are going to be 2x retail, but I figure then I'd just be part of the problem. I'd rather enjoy the fantasy of someone out there wearing a 12.5 actually winning the pair I'd select just to wear because they love them.
I'm trying to get them just for resale. It's not like I'm hoarding a hundred pairs.

But I get you, though.
StringerBell
AG
im still really stupidly hoping to land the sacai's tomorrow and have decided that if i dont im gonna get the apricot cosmit unities as a consolation prize.
concac
AG
cr0wbar said:

Pardon me, why do yall want to catch L's with your shoes. Don't you want to catch dubs?
Like Aggie football, high hopes usually get dashed so you prepare yourself for the worst.
concac
AG
StringerBell said:

im still really stupidly hoping to land the sacai's tomorrow and have decided that if i dont im gonna get the apricot cosmit unities as a consolation prize.
The Sesame Sacais are real niiiiice.
MW03
AG
RealTalk said:

MW03 said:

I'm trying to get them just for resale. It's not like I'm hoarding a hundred pairs.

But I get you, though.

Yeah, I'm not sweating anyone grabbing one to sell. I tried that with the adidas towlies. It's not grabbing 50 via bots or whatever. What I should do is buy stuff like this to flip in a roundabout trade. Get lucky on a pair I don't really want and then use the sale money to grab some of the stuff I do want but miss on.

Speaking of SNKRS, I really think they should do a bit where they track Ws and Ls on your account. Every time you put in and miss, some counter in your system goes up. Next time you go in, you get one extra entry for every L. Once you hit, your counter resets. And you can never win more than a single pair for any given drop.

The way I see it, it helps 2 ways. (1) Misses ultimately help you. (2) The more misses you have, the more selective you have to be going forward. If you have 20 Ls, you don't want to blow 21 "entries" on a shoe you don't love. You might save those up for the drops you actually want.

Now it probably exacerbates the bot problem if you have 10,000 entries all with 20 Ls giving them 200,000 entries. But even still, they couldn't take more than 10,000 pairs, and then next time they only have 10,000 entries.

I dunno how to fix it, but there has to be a better way.
MW03
AG
RealTalk said:

StringerBell said:

The Sesame Sacais are real niiiiice.

The sole on the sacai vaporwaffle trips me up. They do look super freaking cool in the blue and sesame, though.
concac
AG
Not really digging the canvas.

https://www.nike.com/launch/t/air-jordan-1-ko-chicago

concac
AG
Struck out on the Sacais.
StringerBell
AG
****in snkrs
MW03
AG
We should start a co-op where if one person on here is stoked about a pair, someone who isn't will go in on snkrs to try and win them for the person that really wants them. The person who wants them can pay MSRP plus shipping for their shoes with a gentleman's agreement that you won't resell. If we win more than the one pair, we sell them on stockx or GOAT or something and split the revenue between ourselves.
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.