Sneaker Thread

923,510 Views | 14426 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by MW03
jrod2181
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LOL. I love rivalries
The Devil
Straight fire...

AgCAD00
User name pitchfork perfect
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
kapon
MW03
AG
Lots of discussion online right now about replicas and knock-offs. Curious as to what this thread things about it, if anything. The secondary market insanity has made it a much more viable option.
StringerBell
AG
Im kind of at the point where if I want a pair of Jordan 1s or dunks im probably just gonna go with the fakes to save time and money
MW03
AG
Same here. Been coveting the samba dunks forever.
Post removed:
by user
MW03
AG
They grade replicas, and you can get "quality" ones from China, supposedly.
MASAXET
AG
MW03 said:

Lots of discussion online right now about replicas and knock-offs. Curious as to what this thread things about it, if anything. The secondary market insanity has made it a much more viable option.
I won't personally get replicas (intentionally at least), but I also don't judge anyone who does in the least.

I fully admit mine is the logically dumb position: if the shoes look the same and are nearly the same quality, there is essentially zero reason not to get fakes. I also am generally not a brand hoar with anything else; hell, I still wear old navy jeans because they fit me and are cheap. So on this I am hypocritical but sneakers and watches are two things that I'll suck it up and pay full-value-plus for my own peace of mind.
MASAXET
AG
On a more fun note: I've got some J4 PSGs coming my way! So damn excited
Goldie Wilson
Thinking about pulling the trigger on these. I showed my wife and her eyes just about rolled out of her head

jeffk
AG
I was all set to get the LEGO ultraboosts last week... then I envisioned myself explaining the purchase to my wife as we're in the middle of a cross-country move and held off.
MASAXET
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Thinking about pulling the trigger on these. I showed my wife and her eyes just about rolled out of her head

fig96
AG
Been meaning to hop in on this thread, just ordered a pair of Space Hippie 04s. Also have a couple pairs of Epic Reacts (laced and Phantom) and an original pair of Pure Boosts in the closet.

MW03
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

I have always wanted a pair of 90s, but they have managed to elude me. I was geeked up for the all gray premium ones, but I waited too long and they sold out on me.
AgfromHOU
AG
Just looked those up, thinking there was no way they looked good.

Damn I was wrong.
jeffk
AG
I know!
AgfromHOU
AG
Thought these were awesome, but they sold out before I saw them.

StringerBell
AG
Anyone land today's Jordans?
Post removed:
by user
TunnelVision
AG
SNKRS app, but more times than not, it's a dead end.
StringerBell
AG
I tried on snkrs finish line and food locker and struck out on all three
MW03
AG
Same. That one was a foregone conclusion, though.
Ragoo
AG
I love running shoe and wear them in the phases

Running
Everyday
Lawn

Current running are the clifton 7
Everyday is the Clifton 6

Claude!
Ragoo said:

I love running shoe and wear them in the phases

Running
Everyday
Lawn

Current running are the clifton 7
Everyday is the Clifton 6

I tried on a pair of Clifton 7s the other day. They were super comfortable, but I couldn't get over the thickness of the sole. I felt like I was walking on stilts. I ordered a pair of Cavu 3s, which are apparently their low profile shoes - we'll see how that works out.
concac
AG
If you want an easy L, these are releasing on the 28th.

https://www.nike.com/launch/t/air-jordan-4-university-blue

StringerBell
AG
Very much looking forward to being disappointed that day
MW03
AG
Entered the drawing this morning for the "towlie" adidas in hopes of flipping them. Supposedly only 10k made, so my guess is they resell well.

Others of note coming up that are interesting for one reason or another

April 21 - Aleai May x AJ1 Zoom Cmft

April 24 - AJ11 low "legend blue"

April 27 - Adidas x Simpsons "squishee"

April 30 - AM95 "double lace"

cajunaggie08
AG
Kobe Bryant's deal with Nike has ended as his estate could not come to an agreement on a new deal with Nike. It would be odd to have a famous name sign a new show deal with a different manufacturer posthumously. I suppose if the market is there to buy Kobe branded items then someone will pay up.
MW03
AG
I was reading that and it made me wonder what that means for re-releases of previous kobe models. I don't know what kind of ownership the estate could have over designs that were released for him (like the protros), but I would expect that Nike can still release those. I'm betting they do a new deal anyway.

Imagine someone like adidas picks him up. Would the public really be interested in a shoe his estate picked (whatever that means) compared to something Kobe was involved with designing and/or actually wore?
MW03
AG
In the least surprising thing ever, I was not selected for the towlie release, ha. I bet those sell for $600+ on the 2nd
StringerBell
AG
yeah i think pr release of the kobe deal falling through is a negotiation tool. cant for one second imagine that nike would lose that deal.
First Page Last Page
Page 7 of 413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.