Sneaker Thread

907,241 Views | 14307 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MW03
David_Puddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brittmoore Car Club said:

I want to try my luck on these March 11, even though I hear it's damn near impossible to score on retail drops on highly anticipated shoes like these. Any summary of tips and tricks for a relative newbie? Secondary pre-order is already in the $700's for size 13 .

This is one of the cleanest shoes I have ever seen...I even like the off-white trim which sets it apart slightly from the OG white cements. And the 3's are just more versatile with my wardrobe than the 4's or 5's, as much as I love those as well.

Yeah, much like the L&F everyone is going to be trying for those. I would just plan on taking your L & then just set a maximum amount you're willing to pay on the secondary market for them. Watch to see what the prices do and if they're not getting close to what you're willing to pay then I'd go the rep route.

I think the rep makers are going to be pretty close to 1:1 on these because they don't have some sort of crazy design and the elephant print is the same from previous Jordan 3s, They will just need to nail the distressed bottom part and get that elephant print right. The /repsneakers reddit forum will have plenty of comparisons on these when they come out. I think I will likely go the rep route on those after I take my L and once I see some comparisons on reddit.....especially because I have these HOF 3s already which I got for <$300 on GOAT a couple years ago.

I'm absolutely not paying $6-700 for these, when I've essentially already got the same shoe.
David_Puddy
AG
Also, for several fun facts on all of those youtube idiots reviewing "early pairs," watch this video. Those shoes they're all reviewing are reps anyway....

David_Puddy
AG
concac
AG
AJ 13 Playoffs on SNKRS right now if interested.
BowSowy
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Goldie Wilson said:

1. Enter all the raffles you can find.
2. Enter the SNKRs drop.
3. Collect all of your Ls.
4. Start saving for resale. Prices should come down significantly after the wider drop.
Can you explain this? is there an initial limited drop on SNKRS and certain apps, followed by a wider retail store drop?
SNKRs is the wider drop. Other retailers (Footlocker, JD, online retailers, etc) will also have raffles/drops around the same time as SNKRs, although generally much smaller inventory. I'd suggest entering as many raffles as you can (Sneakernews generally keeps a pretty good list of all of the various raffles). You might get lucky, but I'm not getting my hopes up for these. I think there's gonna be a lot of demand
Eh, the smart move on the L&Fs was to buy ahead of the SNKRS raffle. It really is a crap shoot whether these ultra hyped sneakers' prices will have their price drop or go up after the wide release.

Edit: And I mean right before it, when pairs from other raffles and backdooring have started to hit the market. 6+ weeks out, yeah the prices are going to be pretty insane
MASAXET
AG
RealTalk said:

L
CFTXAG10
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
The year of the canvas releases.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
These are hard.
MBAR
AG
BowSowy said:

Goldie Wilson said:

Goldie Wilson said:

1. Enter all the raffles you can find.
2. Enter the SNKRs drop.
3. Collect all of your Ls.
4. Start saving for resale. Prices should come down significantly after the wider drop.
Can you explain this? is there an initial limited drop on SNKRS and certain apps, followed by a wider retail store drop?
SNKRs is the wider drop. Other retailers (Footlocker, JD, online retailers, etc) will also have raffles/drops around the same time as SNKRs, although generally much smaller inventory. I'd suggest entering as many raffles as you can (Sneakernews generally keeps a pretty good list of all of the various raffles). You might get lucky, but I'm not getting my hopes up for these. I think there's gonna be a lot of demand
Eh, the smart move on the L&Fs was to buy ahead of the SNKRS raffle. It really is a crap shoot whether these ultra hyped sneakers' prices will have their price drop or go up after the wide release.

Edit: And I mean right before it, when pairs from other raffles and backdooring have started to hit the market. 6+ weeks out, yeah the prices are going to be pretty insane
Yeah the week leading up to the release will likely have the lowest price on the secondary market for these just like the L&F. Best time to buy assuming you don't hit retail, IMO.
MBAR
AG
Mail call.
boogieman
AG
RealTalk said:

A dub
sklipes
MASAXET said:

RealTalk said:

L

I lucked out & got some in 12 that I am not sure I will keep.
cmk10
AG
Same. I cancelled my order.
jbanda
AG
Beautiful. Can't wait to take my L.
BowSowy
AG
Those are really nice looking, actually. Nice pickup
Dimebag Darrell
boogieman said:

RealTalk said:

A dub

LFG!

All of us celebrating your W

Agristotle
AG
New shoes for chess tournaments
jeffk
AG
Those will help keep the German U-boats at bay.
WES2006AG
AG
HSF!
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Happy Jordan Day! 2/3/23
David_Puddy
AG
The sun is finally out in H-Town which means it's time to go hit some golf balls this afternoon
StinkyPinky
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Did you peace us down low? You devil.

Those are great kicks by the way. Well done.
MW03
AG
Needed that advanced traction today #HSF

Dimebag Darrell
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Damn, not a big NB guy, but those are clean AF
jbanda
AG
HSF! Part 1 - the doctors office.

jbanda
AG
HSF! Part 2 - gymnastics audience.
Goldie Wilson
If anybody doesn't care about the AJKOs and wants to throw an entry my way, I'm looking for a 10.5 in the Sail (blue swoosh)
Teddy Perkins
AG
L for me.
cmk10
AG
Same
Goldie Wilson
L
WES2006AG
AG
L on both of the Union J's this morning.
CFTXAG10
AG
W on the canvas/gray swoosh
jeffk
AG
SNKRS doesn't send me drop notifications any more. I get the 15 minute warning, but nothing at the drop like I used to.

Double L's
First Page Last Page
Page 274 of 409

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.