Sneaker Thread

916,676 Views | 14348 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by vmiaptetr
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Those are a great sneaker to pair with slacks.
concac
AG
WES2006AG said:

Sneakers should never be worn with slacks.

If you tell me I'm wrong, we can fite.
WES2006AG
AG
RealTalk said:

WES2006AG said:

Sneakers should never be worn with slacks.

If you tell me I'm wrong, we can fite.
Sounds like someone should look up what fashion is...
concac
AG
I don't think it's a good look. When it comes to formal attire, I'm more traditional. Dress shoes are meant to be worn with dress clothes.

I understand it's all about personal tastes so wear whatever makes you feel good.
WES2006AG
AG
RealTalk said:

I don't think it's a good look. When it comes to formal attire, I'm more traditional. Dress shoes are meant to be worn with dress clothes.

I understand it's all about personal tastes so wear whatever makes you feel good.
I should clarify that the slacks I wear are a bit more "sporty" than your average slacks which I am sure makes a difference. These are what I am talking about...

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/mens-trousers/Commission-Pant-Classic-Warpstreme-28/_/prod10390085?color=27597
PatAg
AG
Those aren't slacks
powerbelly
AG
"action pants"
WES2006AG
AG
PatAg said:

Those aren't slacks
I guess these would be classified as just pants then.
CFTXAG10
AG
Guitarsoup said:

CFTXAG10 said:

34 - been wearing J's since youth basketball days. The fashion/hypebeast/sneakerhead aspect of it is one thing, but another big part of it is how much I idolized his airness as a youngin. I definitely had the chicago bulls duffel bag, michael jordan cologne, and #23 jersey prominently in rotation. So long story short, I will never stop wearing them. I love sneaker culture, and I think its a really fun hobby.

Wearin' Js since the Y days.

Alright soup, felt inspired so my wife dug this up from the archives. "Hey kid, who's your hero? Mom? Dad?" Naw fam, Michael Jordan!
WES2006AG
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Guitarsoup said:

CFTXAG10 said:

34 - been wearing J's since youth basketball days. The fashion/hypebeast/sneakerhead aspect of it is one thing, but another big part of it is how much I idolized his airness as a youngin. I definitely had the chicago bulls duffel bag, michael jordan cologne, and #23 jersey prominently in rotation. So long story short, I will never stop wearing them. I love sneaker culture, and I think its a really fun hobby.

Alright soup, felt inspired so my wife dug this up from the archives. "Hey kid, who's your hero? Mom? Dad?" Naw fam, Michael Jordan!

Need to bring back the turtleneck and basketball jersey look.
David_Puddy
AG
WES2006AG said:

RealTalk said:

I should clarify that the slacks I wear are a bit more "sporty" than your average slacks which I am sure makes a difference. These are what I am talking about...

https://shop.lululemon.com/p/mens-trousers/Commission-Pant-Classic-Warpstreme-28/_/prod10390085?color=27597

Yeah, sneakers are 100% ok with any lulu pants
powerbelly
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Guitarsoup said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Was your dad dunking from the free-throw line? I don't think so.
Goldie Wilson
powerbelly said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Guitarsoup said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Was your dad dunking from the free-throw line? I don't think so.
CFTXAG10
AG
Drops on Union's website today at 10 ct

Agristotle
AG
funny you say that about formal shoes. I officed in DC across the street from the White House, very high tone, but I would wear upscale sneakers into the office and kept dress shoes in my closet for the BIG meetings. LOTs of people wore sneakers with upscale business attire.
powerbelly
AG
When I was in DC that was common. Wearing sneakers on the commute or in office and only change when headed to an important meeting.
cmk10
AG
Current collection. Wear most of them
WES2006AG
AG
Ready for my L's
WES2006AG
AG
Nice collection. You guys have inspired me to make a spreadsheet to figure out exactly what I have. Need to get on that.
MW03
AG
Had the captcha solved by 10:00:15 and got hit with an 8 min wait. Not hopeful. Should have gone for the canvas.
MW03
AG
Annnnnnnnnnd sold out with 5 mins left, ha
BowSowy
AG
Wow, got into queue for size 13 with 3 minute wait time, and it sold out in 2 minutes. But it looks like the canvas ones are available to purchase.
Goldie Wilson
Sold out with 2 mins left. I think that's the closest I've ever gotten on Union
WES2006AG
AG
Went for the leather and they were sold out with 5 mins on the clock. At least I got a little practice drawing boxes around cats.
Goldie Wilson
Got through to checkout on the canvas, but not really feeling them.
powerbelly
AG
WES2006AG said:

Went for the leather and they were sold out with 5 mins on the clock. At least I got a little practice drawing boxes around cats.
Same. I wish I liked the canvas as much.
WES2006AG
AG
powerbelly said:

WES2006AG said:

Same. I wish I liked the canvas as much.
While it is always nice to get a W I am not too broken up on these. Both pairs probably look too close to my AJ1 OG Neutral Grey lows.
Dimebag Darrell
powerbelly said:

"action pants"
"Athletic fit chinos"
Goldie Wilson
Yep - basically sweat pants constructed to look like real pants. I'm a huge fan for daily office wear
Dimebag Darrell
I want to try my luck on these March 11, even though I hear it's damn near impossible to score on retail drops on highly anticipated shoes like these. Any summary of tips and tricks for a relative newbie? Secondary pre-order is already in the $700's for size 13 .

This is one of the cleanest shoes I have ever seen...I even like the off-white trim which sets it apart slightly from the OG white cements. And the 3's are just more versatile with my wardrobe than the 4's or 5's, as much as I love those as well.

Goldie Wilson
1. Enter all the raffles you can find.
2. Enter the SNKRs drop.
3. Collect all of your Ls.
4. Start saving for resale. Prices should come down significantly after the wider drop.
Dimebag Darrell
Goldie Wilson said:

2. Enter the SNKRs drop.
4. Start saving for resale. Prices should come down significantly after the wider drop.
Can you explain this? is there an initial limited drop on SNKRS and certain apps, followed by a wider retail store drop?
Goldie Wilson
Brittmoore Car Club said:

Goldie Wilson said:

2. Enter the SNKRs drop.
Can you explain this? is there an initial limited drop on SNKRS and certain apps, followed by a wider retail store drop?
SNKRs is the wider drop. Other retailers (Footlocker, JD, online retailers, etc) will also have raffles/drops around the same time as SNKRs, although generally much smaller inventory. I'd suggest entering as many raffles as you can (Sneakernews generally keeps a pretty good list of all of the various raffles). You might get lucky, but I'm not getting my hopes up for these. I think there's gonna be a lot of demand
Dimebag Darrell
Goldie Wilson said:

Brittmoore Car Club said:

Goldie Wilson said:

2. Enter the SNKRs drop.
SNKRs is the wider drop. Other retailers (Footlocker, JD, online retailers, etc) will also have raffles/drops around the same time as SNKRs, although generally much smaller inventory. I'd suggest entering as many raffles as you can (Sneakernews generally keeps a pretty good list of all of the various raffles). You might get lucky, but I'm not getting my hopes up for these. I think there's gonna be a lot of demand
Think I got it, thanks. I thought March 11 was the drop date and that was it.

Me early morning of March 11

Hopefully me late morning March 11
Goldie Wilson
Note that a lot of the smaller (i.e., non-SNKRs) raffles and drops will happen a few days or a week prior to the SNKR drop. I'd suggest keeping an eye on Sneakernews for the various raffle websites and deadlines.
First Page Last Page
Page 273 of 410

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.