***DARK - SEASON 3 (FINALE)*** (aka Best Netflix Series)

31,838 Views | 359 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Martin Q. Blank
M.C. Swag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
S3 (Finale season) trailer just dropped

Lets get this party started on Netflix's crowned "Best Series" [https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/the-netflix-original-series-showdown/]
bobinator
AG
Anyone who has good links to timelines/family trees/etc to help people catch up/recap on this show should throw those in here.
bobinator
AG
Also forget best Netflix series, for me this is the best Sci-Fi series going anywhere right now.

Only thing even in the ballpark is The Expanse.
Proposition Joe
Has to stick the landing.

But yeah, could potentially be one of the best sci-fi series of all time.
agdoc2001
AG
Crap. Two weeks to try to remember what the hell all happened in the first 2 seasons.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sounds like the perfect amount of time to rewatch them.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
After Season 1, it became one of my favorite Netflix shows.

After Season 2, it became one of my favorite shows of all-time.

If it sticks the landing with Season 3 (and I see no reason to think it won't), it will solidify it as a top 10 show for me.

It sucks that some fantastic shows like GoT ended so poorly, which left a bad taste in people's mouths. But I honestly think this show will end well, and its legacy will just grow and grow from here on out. Like Breaking Bad.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I'm actually not that worried about how it's going to land since it kind of seems like writing the ending would have been one of the first things they had to do.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bobinator said:

Anyone who has good links to timelines/family trees/etc to help people catch up/recap on this show should throw those in here.
Here is the safe one without spoilers:

Here's the updated one after S2. (Obviously do NOT click if you are not FULLY caught up.)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bobinator said:

Yeah, I'm actually not that worried about how it's going to land since it kind of seems like writing the ending would have been one of the first things they had to do.
Exactly. One of my biggest pet peeves is when writers make **** up in the last season or two, which was never planned. This happened more and more in the latter seasons of Lost, but especially in GoT.

The way that S2 ended got me a little worried about that, but then I remembered that the show was always written with this turn in mind.
Madagascar
AG
The trailer looks really promising. Here's to sticking the landing!
Teddy Perkins
AG
So hyped!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Two weeks from today.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
agdoc2001
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Sounds like the perfect amount of time to rewatch them.
When you're right, you're right!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Up to #5 most popular show on IMDb. Is this finally catching on?

M.C. Swag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Up to #5 most popular show on IMDb. Is this finally catching on?

lol Snowpiercer is #6? I watched 1 episode of that show it and it's...not great.
bobinator
AG
We just finished our rewatch last night and we're ready to go!

In the true spirit of the show we got about halfway through S2E8 last night and I was like 'wait a minute, this is the end, I think season 2 is only eight episodes' which is the same thing I realized about halfway through the episode the first time I watched it.
Madagascar
AG
I've been wondering about the episode count for season 3. If they bump it up to 15 episodes, there will be 33 total.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I believe it's confirmed at 8. Not sure though.
gggmann
AG
I struggled with this show until I switched to German w/ subtitles. It made a big improvement, IMO.

Just rewatched seasons 1-2 this weekend. I'm worried about season 3 based on the trailer though. Seems to be going in the direction of Lost.
M.C. Swag
AG
gggmann said:

I struggled with this show until I switched to German w/ subtitles. It made a big improvement, IMO.

Just rewatched seasons 1-2 this weekend. I'm worried about season 3 based on the trailer though. Seems to be going in the direction of Lost.
Wait, the trailer made you worried? lol I'm the exact opposite. I was worried at the end of S2 but the trailer assuaged those concerns.
bobinator
AG
I don't think it can go the way of Lost because they've always said (at least from what I remember) that this was going to be a 3 season show and they had the plot kind of laid out.

To me it's just whether or not they effectively pull it all together.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Same for me. I was nervous, but now I'm all in.

Consider the fact that what we're seeing in this season was always planned even before cameras were rolling on S1. It's not pulled out of their ass.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Speaking of which, can we openly discuss theories for S3? (Ie. using all promotional material and info from S1-2?)

There is an official picture of adult Katharina at the school in 1986/87.

Any chance this means she succeeds in taking Mikkel back to 2019/20, and this is the event that causes the alt Winden, ie the world without Jonas?
bobinator
AG
Yeah, to me everything is fair game in this thread as long as it's not like spoiler leaks or something.
bobinator
AG
Could be. I'll be honest this show has so much going on that I have a hard time creating theories because I can't remember how everything fits together.

Like presumably alt-martha is the Eve to Jonas' Adam, so possible that they have a kid that's part of all of this?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fair. It's like the answers are so far beyond our grasp that they're hard to come up with.

Sign of a fantastic show to me. I love when a show is five steps ahead of me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My personal theory is that yes, they are Adam and Eve, and their child will be someone important that we've seen. Possibly Boris Niewald / Alexander Tiedemann?

Also, that one shot in the trailer with Agnes Nielsen as the first person on both sides of the tree is interesting. Like everything either starts with her, or whoever her parents are.

Recall that in S1, she mentions that her grandmother was the reason she moved to Winden. Who could it be?

Also, we still have no idea who Peter Doppler is or where he came from. (If he is indeed Helge's son, we don't know who the mother is or where she went.)
gggmann
AG
M.C. Swag said:

gggmann said:

Wait, the trailer made you worried? lol I'm the exact opposite. I was worried at the end of S2 but the trailer assuaged those concerns.
I don't know. It seems like this Adam and Eve thing is going on w/ Jonas and Martha. The fact that at least from the trailer it appears to be the same circumstances playing out, just w/ her instead of him - it seems a bit contrived and lazy on the writer's part. I hope I'm dead wrong because I like the show all the way up until that last seen in the season 2 finale.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can see your point on that, actually. It does bug me when things are THAT contrived, where they happen exactly the same, just with slightly different circumstances. (Different people, different location, etc.)

Like Martha with the yellow jacket. It's such a tiny detail, but it does bug me that they both have the exact same jacket.

It would actually make me feel better if we see Jonas give her his own jacket. (Hey, it could explain why Jonas is wearing a different jacket at the end of S2...)
bobinator
AG
Yeah Peter Doppler is still kind of a mystery, so is Tannhaus. I think there's a lot more to his story to come.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, this show doesn't really do a lot that's cheesy, so I expect that will have some kind of narrative explanation.
gggmann
AG
I don't have a theory other than perhaps Jonas wipes himself or gets wiped out of existence. Speaking of, I wonder why he never discussed or tried to pull a Looper and just off himself to solve the Adam problem. I suppose he would fail similarly to what happened to Noah.

On a side note, I hope something really nasty happens to Hannah. I can't stand her.
bobinator
AG
gggmann said:

I wonder why he never discussed or tried to pull a Looper and just off himself to solve the Adam problem.
I actually think he might have, and maybe we'll see that this season. The way he was so imminently confident that Noah couldn't kill him makes me think he may have tried to kill himself (several times?) and it didn't work. Could also be why he looks the way he does.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.