***DARK - SEASON 3 (FINALE)*** (aka Best Netflix Series)

32,100 Views | 359 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by Martin Q. Blank
Sea Speed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll third that. I lasted about 40 seconds on the dub when I first started this show in 2018 or whatever. Just awful.
cbr
AG
so help me out here... my wife and i tried watching an english dubbed version of this show and just fizzled....

everyone looks the same, can't tell who is who, seems like lots of weird sexual relationships...always raining...

kid in cave, time travel, alone in the past... and .... that's about as far as we got.

my wife liked stranger things, so i assume this is generally considered better?

are we talking about the same show everyone thinks is really good? Do we need to stick it out longer? Are we watching the right version? help me out here, usually this sort of thing works for us, but we werent getting into it.

Sea Speed
AG
The dubbed version is universally panned. You need to stick to subtitles.
Marsh
AG
The dub was overall really bad in the first season and especially bad in the first few episodes (I know because I went back and forth quite a bit).

It 100% got better in season 2 and 3, with very few atrociously delivered lines.

I've watched a bit of anime, so my bar is pretty low for how bad a dub needs to be before I switch to subtitles alone.
Fenrir
I think the subtitles helped me keep different characters/names straight.

I also usually can't do dubs for live action stuff. The mouths and voices not matching drives me crazy.
double aught
AG
cbr said:

my wife liked stranger things, so i assume this is generally considered better?

I like Dark, but for me Stranger Things is clearly better. They're pretty different shows though.

Dark just gets a little too convoluted. And I normally like that sort of stuff. Martha in her bikini is the high point of the show.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did you miss the previous three posts? Avoid the dub.

And yes, stick it out. And yes, the show is good.
brillag
AG
Just finished all three seasons over the course of a few weeks after seeing this show continue to pop up in just about every "what should I watch next" post I've seen. Season 1 had me hooked like few shows have.

I watched it all in German with subs. Definitely the only way it should be consumed.

Seasons 1 and 2 were fantastic.

Season 3 I found myself just pushing through to see how it all ended. I feel like you could have cast Mark Wahlberg from The Happening for just about every character and let him just scientific method his way out of the loop. Waaaaaay too much "huh?, I don't understand, don't trust them trust me, etc.". Introduced new characters but nothing really moved the plot forward, just continued to convolute an already tough to follow story line. Basically the same scenes over and over in a different time/world/dimension. I did appreciate the ending but thought for sure Martha and Jonas were going to cause the crash that started this all. That may have been even more satisfying.

Best scene form season 3 was Elisabeth and her "father" fighting the man that shows up in their trailer.

I'd planned on talking the rib into watching it so I could do a rewatch knowing what I know now but there's no way I could watch season 3 again.

Overall it was definitely worth the time spent.
Proposition Joe
I loved the series as a whole but I agree that Season 3 got bogged down quite a bit. The reveals in S1 and S2 were very much "oh wow that is awesome", while the reveals in S3 were "OK, I assume that checks out but at this point it's so muddled I don't really know".
Martin Q. Blank
Season 1 and 2 were good and made sense - you can't change the past. Time travel is like Lost.

Season 3 jumped the shark. Time travel is like Back to the Future where your hand slowly disappears when you change something. Not to mention you annihilated entire worlds of people which is somehow a good thing?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.