***** MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU STAR WARS BEST MOMENTS MEGA-TOURNAMENT *****

18,100 Views | 258 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Fat Bib Fortuna
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry for the delay!

The brackets for Return of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith, and The Rise of Skywalker are now open.

VOTE HERE!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok, I definitely need an explanation for how Order 66 is seeded at #16.
redline248
AG
While the order may have a larger impact on the saga/galaxy, the giving is the order is so friggin cheesy
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, Chewie's reaction to Leia's death is gut-wrenching.
redline248
AG
By the way, when Sidious gives the order, he directly names out Commander Cody. Did he then contact the commander of every clone unit across the entire galaxy? How long would that have taken?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A quick google search confirms there are 16 clone commanders in the galaxy. So, wouldn't have taken more than a half hour, tops.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If I'm understanding it, #16 is just Ki-Adi-Mundi's death, and nothing else. So I guess I can understand the seeding.

But it brings up a bigger question -- "Execute Order 66" order given to Cody, and then blasting Obi-Wan, should really be in there.
redline248
AG
Google schmoogle
Ol Jock 99
AG
Watching Clone Wars definitely bumps Cody turning on Obi-Wan up the list for me.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

But it brings up a bigger question -- "Execute Order 66" order given to Cody, and then blasting Obi-Wan, should really be in there.
15 seed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ah yeah. But no "Execute order 66" in that one. I kind of think of that as a single scene.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Would you like me to edit the entry to include execute order 66 for clarification?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
By the way i want teying to be sarcastic,. Id like the bracket to make as much sense as possible to general voters
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Would you like me to edit the entry to include execute order 66 for clarification?
Are you including him saying "Execute Order 66" in that moment?

Also not sarcastic. If so, yes.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Will correct after i get out of this line at chikfila in 3 hours
redline248
AG
Wow, I don't want to vote for either choice of the 1 v 16 matchup for Rise.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It's the day of the 12-5 upset!
redline248
AG
I looked at that first one and wondered if you seeded that way on purpose.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Nope, I'm not smart enough for that. I just rank them 1-16 in order of importance/personal taste.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

A quick google search confirms there are 16 clone commanders in the galaxy. So, wouldn't have taken more than a half hour, tops.
a great Robot Chicken would be Palpatine being really sinister for the first few instances, then getting less and less interested in it as he goes down the list.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Some outstanding 1st-round battles yesterday.

Round 2 is live. VOTE NOW!

Yesterday's results

#1 I am a Jedi like my father before me/So be it, Jedi vs. #16 The Rancor revealed 94%-6%
#2 Darth Vader saves his son vs. #15 Boba Fett vs. Luke 91%-9%
#3 Palpatine unleashes the Force Lightning on Luke vs. #14 The original Force ghosts appear 70%-30%
#4 Luke's NEVER and attack on Vader vs. #13 Luke burns Vader's suit 67%-33%
#5 "It is too late for me, son" vs. #12 Leia chokes out the Hutt 33%-67%
#6 It's a trap! vs. #11 Luke lights up the green saber for the first time 64%-36%
#7 There is another Skywalker/Yoda dies vs. #10 Luke takes off Vader's hand 59%-41%
#8 Luke tells Leia about their family tradition vs. #9 General Solo? Is your strike team assembled? 52%-48%

#1 The helmet lowers onto Anakin/Vader's first breath vs. #16 Execute Order 66 - Ki Adi Mundi killed 85%-15%
#2 The look in Yoda's eyes when he pushes back on Palpatine's Force lightning vs. #15 Execute Order 66 - Cody shoots down Obi-Wan and his veractyl 75%-25%
#3 Yoda/Sidious lightsaber fight as platform rises into Senate chamber vs. #14 Owen and Beru become Jonathan and Martha Kent 94%-6%
#4 Opening 30 seconds of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan vs. #13 Yoda and Obi-Wan's last stand at the Jedi Temple 66%-34%
#5 Palpatine throws senate pods at Yoda vs. #12 Mace Windu disarms Palpatine 34%-66%
#6 Anakin takes Mace's arm off / UNLIMITED POWER vs. #11 Execute Order 66 - Yoda kills the clones 44%-56%
#7 Obi-Wan guarantees Anakin an all-time handicap parking tag vs. #10 Yoda slams the red guards 69%-31%
#8 Obi-Wan kills Grievous/so uncivilized vs. #9 Anakin executes Dooku 52%-48%

#1 The Jedi Voices vs. #16 Palpatine is Snoke and Vader's voices too 88%-12%
#2 Ben Solo pulls the blue lightsaber vs. Knights of Ren vs. #15 Wicket and son on Endor 91%-9%
#3 Han Solo's "Hey, kid" vs. #14 Babu Frik in Zori's Y-Wing 88%-12%
#4 Rey is all the Jedi/crosses sabers vs. #13 Rey's uncontrolled Force Lightning 66%-34%
#5 Luke / Leia training flashback vs. #12 Chewie's reaction to Leia's death 25%-75%
#6 Luke lifts his X-Wing out of the ocean vs. #11 Luke catches his lightsaber as Rey tries to destroy it 69%-31%
#7 Rey Skywalker/binary sunrise ending vs. #10 Rey enters the throne room on Death Star II 74%-26%
#8 There are more of us Poe/Lando brings the cavalry vs #9 Leia reaches out to Ben to prevent him from
killing Rey 47%-53%
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Stormtrooper. Stormtrooper. Stormtrooper. STORMtrooper. STORMTROOPER. STORMTOOPER!!!!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm thinking Palpatine in a sombrero holding two maracas saying "Executo Order Sesenta y seis!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Uh, what?

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
About as racist as when your 8-year-old daughter comes to tell you that she just saw Lando Calrissian on "American Idol"

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
As a kid I used to confuse Lando and Apollo Creed.

In my defense:
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
WHo's the racist now?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
A Wookie and a Mon Cal walk into their movies Final Four moments ...

Wednesday results
#1 I am a Jedi like my father before me/So be it, Jedi vs. #8 Luke tells Leia about their family tradition 95%-5%
#2 Darth Vader saves his son vs. #7 There is another Skywalker/Yoda dies 87%-13%
#3 Palpatine unleashes the Force Lightning on Luke vs. #6 It's a trap! 44%-56%
#4 Luke's NEVER and attack on Vader vs.#12 Leia chokes out the Hutt 67%-33%

#1 The helmet lowers onto Anakin/Vader's first breath vs. #8 Obi-Wan kills Grievous/so uncivilized 87%-13%
#2 The look in Yoda's eyes when he pushes back on Palpatine's Force lightning vs. #7 Obi-Wan guarantees Anakin an all-time handicap parking tag 46%-54%
#3 Yoda/Sidious lightsaber fight as platform rises into Senate chamber vs. #11 Execute Order 66 - Yoda kills the clones 64%-36%
#4 Opening 30 seconds of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan vs. #12 Mace Windu disarms Palpatine 82%-18%

#1 The Jedi Voices vs. Leia reaches out to Ben to prevent him from killing Rey 69%-31%
#2 Ben Solo pulls the blue lightsaber vs. Knights of Ren vs. #7 Rey Skywalker/binary sunrise ending 68%-32%
#3 Han Solo's "Hey, kid" vs. #6 Luke lifts his X-Wing out of the ocean 54%-46%
#4 Rey is all the Jedi/crosses sabers vs. #12 Chewie's reaction to Leia's death 39%-61%

The Final Fours! VOTE NOW

#1 I am a Jedi like my father before me/So be it, Jedi vs. #4 Luke's NEVER and attack on Vader
#2 Darth Vader saves his son vs. #6 It's a trap!

#1 The helmet lowers onto Anakin/Vader's first breath vs. #4 Opening 30 seconds of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
#3 Yoda/Sidious lightsaber fight as platform rises into Senate chamber vs. #7 Obi-Wan guarantees Anakin an all-time handicap parking tag

#1 The Jedi Voices vs. #12 Chewie's reaction to Leia's death 39%-61%
#2 Ben Solo pulls the blue lightsaber vs. Knights of Ren vs. #3 Han Solo's "Hey, kid"

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Great matchups today - both ROTS are separated by 1 vote after 9 hours.

A programming note, I will probably not start RO and Solo until Monday because I haven't even remotely worked on the seeding for Solo, even what the #1 seed should be.

And will probably not start the CW/Rebels/Mando brackets until the Tuesday after Memorial Day because I'll be out of town and I want to try and find video clips for all of them since they aren't as top of mind for most people as the movies, especially consider Clone Wars started 50 million years ago.
CapCityAg89
AG
We're in the middle of Clone Wars right now. Anakin meeting Ashoka is up there. 5's. Darth Maul's return (that's in like 2 episodes for us). 99 getting lit up was last night and was sad
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The finals have arrived for 3-6-9!

VOTE HERE!

ROTJ Final

vs,

ROTS Final

vs.

TROS Final

vs.

The semifinal results

#1 I am a Jedi like my father before me/So be it, Jedi vs. #4 Luke's NEVER and attack on Vader 89%-11%

#2 Darth Vader saves his son vs. #6 It's a trap! 66%-34%

#1 The helmet lowers onto Anakin/Vader's first breath vs. #4 Opening 30 seconds of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan 57%-43%

#3 Yoda/Sidious lightsaber fight as platform rises into Senate chamber vs. #7 Obi-Wan guarantees Anakin an all-time handicap parking tag 51%-49%

#1 The Jedi Voices vs.#12 Chewie's reaction to Leia's death 52%-48%

#2 Ben Solo pulls the blue lightsaber vs. Knights of Ren vs. #3 Han Solo's "Hey, kid" 62%-38%

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Vader's first breath is iconic and gave me goosebumps in the theater.

However, over the years, that shot of Yoda and Palps rising into the Senate gives me chills every time. Had to go with that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I liked the Palps-Yoda fight a lot but I always have a streak of disappointment watching a fight that I know doesn't have a real conclusion to it. I really prefer the animatic version you can watch on Disney Plus where it's the Emperor who flees instead of Yoda feeling defeated.

If Yoda had killed Palpatine at that point what would have happened? Yoda becomes President of the Galaxy and tells the senate and the entire galaxy - oh hey, never mind that deal about us all being traitors.
redline248
AG
Vader's mask lowering down is overrated
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Why do you think that is?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.