Villains that did nothing wrong.

18,318 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggietony2010
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some of y'all are terrible at watching movies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
boy09 said:

Don't know if he's necessarily the "villain", but Pierce Brosnan in Mrs. Doubtfire.
Good one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gigem314 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Tim Curry in Home Alone 2.
Hey Kevin's dad didn't come all the way to New York to get his naked rear-end spied on...
You're right, but he had very good reason to believe the real Mr. McCallister's credit card had been stolen.
Article 58-10 Offender
another Robin Williams flick - Dead Poet's Society, the headmaster Mr Nolan.
P.C. Principal
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Tim Curry in Home Alone 2.
Idk... I have a feeling walking into a guest's room unannounced and into the bathroom when the shower is running would get you in trouble with management.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
A 10-year-old checking into a hotel alone, with no adult supervision, had been ordering room service all day, and the supposed parent never showed up.

That wouldn't be suspicious to you?
The Collective
AG
Ed Harris' character in the Rock.
Stive
AG
Good point.
Article 58-10 Offender
I Have Spoken said:

I see where you're going with this, but I disagree. He put tens of thousands of lives at risk. Maybe if his entire team had known they were bluffing all along, but as it was, he brought on lunatic mercenaries who were totally willing to kill for money.

I'd say his motives weren't villainous, but everything past that was.

side note - one of my favorite things to do when hanging up from a conference call is to say "Hummel from Alcatraz - OUT"
Stive
AG
I Have Spoken said:

You break into military facilities, steal bio weapons, take captives at a tourist site, and threaten to launch bio-armed missiles at a major population center....

Sure, other than that I guess he did nothing wrong.
nai06
AG
BTHOB said:

Stive said:

c-jags said:

Other than the leg thing Johnny acted totally reasonably throughout all of Karate Kid.

He was a jerk to Allie on the beach right? Otherwise I'm with you.
Actually, Allie was a jerk to him on the beach... he wanted to talk about their relationship and she kept turning the radio on loud, so he shut it off to talk... she then promised him she would talk to him, so give her back the radio... he took her at her word and gave it back... then, she ignored her promise and turned it back on. Then, whiny little Daniel inserted himself into an argument that was none of his business... and got his butt kicked (deservedly so).
She broke up with him. She doesn't owe him anything and certainly not the time to argue why they should get back together. She ultimately dumped him because he got drunk and missed her birthday. If that was the tipping point, I have to think there were a lot of other things going on. Also he generally comes off as a self important A-hole so that may have something to do with it.
mazag08
AG
The police in John Q
rhutton125
AG
I CANNOT GIVE THAT ORDER
Dawale
Severus Snape, but he was still a Richard-head.
AgPediRPh
AG
Shere Khan (Idris Elba), Jungle Book
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Not a villain, but still innocent:

Bill Pullman in Sleepless in Seattle.

He was, by all accounts, a very sweet and loving man in a good relationship with Meg Ryan. Sure, he had some medical issues that required daily attention, but for Ryan to unceremoniously dump him just so she could chase after a total stranger she heard on the radio?

And he was even gracious when dumped! He deserved none of what happened to him. In fact, there should be a movie about him that starts with the dumping (that casts Ryan as the b**** she was) that follows how he recovers from that heartbreak and finds true love that is real. THAT would be a movie.
BTHOB
AG
nai06 said:

BTHOB said:

Stive said:

c-jags said:

Other than the leg thing Johnny acted totally reasonably throughout all of Karate Kid.

He was a jerk to Allie on the beach right? Otherwise I'm with you.
Actually, Allie was a jerk to him on the beach... he wanted to talk about their relationship and she kept turning the radio on loud, so he shut it off to talk... she then promised him she would talk to him, so give her back the radio... he took her at her word and gave it back... then, she ignored her promise and turned it back on. Then, whiny little Daniel inserted himself into an argument that was none of his business... and got his butt kicked (deservedly so).
She broke up with him. She doesn't owe him anything and certainly not the time to argue why they should get back together. She ultimately dumped him because he got drunk and missed her birthday. If that was the tipping point, I have to think there were a lot of other things going on. Also he generally comes off as a self important A-hole so that may have something to do with it.
Nice speculation there.... Overall, I don't think a high school boy being upset and wanting to talk to his girlfriend about why she dumped him justifies the "villain" classification. Especially after she makes a deal to enter into a discussion with him about subject breakup (which he accepts) and then subsequently, and directly, goes back on the deal.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jerry (Cary Elwes) in Liar Liar

His only crime is being too nice of a husband and too good of a stepdad.
HtownAg92
AG
Article 58-10 Offender said:

another Robin Williams flick - Dead Poet's Society, the headmaster Mr Nolan.
He forced BS confessions out of a bunch of teenagers (whose Ivy League careers hinged on compliance) because both he and a bully dad wanted to avoid any complicity in the suicide of a student. He scape-goated a popular teacher, whose only "crime" was encouraging kids to think for themselves and get some enjoyment in life. Keating did his job, taught out of the required textbook, just did it in his way and chose the more interesting poets and pieces to illustrate his message. He didn't force or even allow the kids to restart the DPS, nor knowingly allow the kid to defy his father and act in the play. Yet, Mr. Nolan fired him as if he put the gun in the kid's mouth personally.

Mr. Nolan was a deeek.
boy09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

His interpretation of "The Claw" sucked though...
bearamedic99
AG
I'm still trying to figure out where Team Iceland came from.
Carlo4
AG
Anyone say the principal from Ferris Bueller yet?
JCA1
AG
While I guess robbing banks is wrong, I have a real hard time rooting against Patrick Swayze in Point Break.
HouAggie2007
All the way up to the murder and attempted murders right?
gigemJTH12
AG
bearamedic99 said:

guessing mighty ducks
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Iceland, I think.
Fat Bib Fortuna
Director Krennic in Rogue One. it's basically just a movie about office politics. He's a project manager looking for a big promotion from the CEO, one of his subordinates leave the company without giving two weeks' notice. He tracks him down, on his own time I might add, to get the project back on schedule, then some A-hole VP swoops in to try and take credit for his hard work.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I dunno, I feel like killing his employee's wife was a dick move.
Fat Bib Fortuna
She shot first
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guess that makes Han a villain.
Fenrir
Nobody called the wife a villain though so that's a sketchy connection at best. Han is a textbook anti-hero.
Carlo4
AG
boy09 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

His interpretation of "The Claw" sucked though...
Texaggie7nine
David Spade in PCU.

Those damn dirty hippies didn't deserve a Frat.
7nine
Carlo4
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

bearamedic99 said:

Iceland, I think.
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Sex Panther said:

Team Iceland
Stansson destroyed their beach ball. Total dick move.

The best part is the fact that they even used Iceland as the powerhouse hockey country.

First off, they barely even play hockey there. At the time, they only had two rinks in the entire country. There has never been a player from Iceland make the NHL. And the population at the time was 260,000. But somehow they were the big, international bully that the scrappy underdogs from the United States had to overcome... All essentially because the name of the country is Iceland... Amazing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.