Villains that did nothing wrong.

18,314 Views | 203 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggietony2010
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tim Curry in Home Alone 2.
redd38
AG
Donald Trump in Home Alone 2
toucan82
Tim Curry in IT
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Scar was just trying to overthrow the oppressive rule of his brother who shunned certain species to the elephant graveyard. Scar just happened to be a bad leader who was too headstrong to leave Pride Rock when the drought/famine hit.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgfromHOU
AG
King Orm
Philip J Fry
AG
Johnny in Karate Kid.
c-jags
Other than the leg thing Johnny acted totally reasonably throughout all of Karate Kid.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Wicked Witch of the West
Sex Panther
AG
Team Iceland
Carlo4
AG
The Norte Dame Coach from Rudy
tehmackdaddy
AG
Mr. Potter in "It's A Wonderful Life".
Stive
AG
c-jags said:

Other than the leg thing Johnny acted totally reasonably throughout all of Karate Kid.

He was a jerk to Allie on the beach right? Otherwise I'm with you.
Stive
AG
tehmackdaddy said:

Mr. Potter in "It's A Wonderful Life".

He stole the money.
Stive
AG
The "cook" and the other Russian sub on The Hunt For Red October.
MGS
Palpatine from the Star Wars prequels. The Jedi hated him and ultimately tried to murder him because of his religious views.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sex Panther said:

Team Iceland
Stansson destroyed their beach ball. Total dick move.
chipotle
It was a beach ball. And the ducks were gaying it up playing with it.
G Martin 87
AG
Colonel Nathan R. Jessup
Buck Compton
AG
G Martin 87 said:

Colonel Nathan R. Jessup
Explain...
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG

The guy with the sword. Look at that big grin on his face. He's just having fun, and this idiot American flat out murders him.
chipotle
Buck Compton said:

G Martin 87 said:

Colonel Nathan R. Jessup
Explain...

Quote:

Son we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it you? You Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility that you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have the luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence while grotesque, and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that well, you need me on that wall! We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punchline. I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself, to a man who rises and sleeps, under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and than questions the manner in which I provide them! I'd rather you just said 'thank you', and went on your way

CDub06
AG
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Scar was just trying to overthrow the oppressive rule of his brother who shunned certain species to the elephant graveyard. Scar just happened to be a bad leader who was too headstrong to leave Pride Rock when the drought/famine hit.
What about murdering the kid's father in front of him and psychologically tormenting him?
Quad Dog
AG
I'll try to paraphrase a recent episode of the Imaginary Worlds podcast. That most of the comic book movie villains fill the typical role of protagonist and the heroes fill the typical role of antagonist. Typically the hero of a movie is the one trying to induce change against the villain who is trying to maintain the status quo. Think Luke Skywalker starting a rebellion against Darth Vader and the status quo of the Empire. Most comic book movies swap that and have the villain trying to change things, and the hero trying to prevent it. Often the villain is trying to do the something that may be good, but is using extreme tactics to get it.

Thanos is an eco-warrior that has gone too far
Killmonger was right about Wakanda helping the oppressed, just went about it the wrong way.
Magneto was right.
PanzerAggie06
AG
Captain Tupolev in The Hunt for Red October.
P.C. Principal
Terry Benedict in Ocean's Eleven
HtownAg92
AG
chipotle said:

Buck Compton said:

G Martin 87 said:

Colonel Nathan R. Jessup
Explain...

Quote:

Son we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it you? You Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility that you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have the luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence while grotesque, and incomprehensible, to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that well, you need me on that wall! We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something, you use them as a punchline. I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself, to a man who rises and sleeps, under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and than questions the manner in which I provide them! I'd rather you just said 'thank you', and went on your way

The ordering of the Code Red was Marine SOP, so no problem there. The doctoring of the air base log books and not immediately accepting responsibility when the careers of two recruiting poster Marines are at stake make him worthy of villain status.
Duncan Idaho
Quote:

Thanos is an eco-warrior that has gone too far

That is why comic book thanos was a much better character. But completely inappropriate for a mass market movie.
dbryanc87
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

Umm, no. The hyenas destroyed everything wherever they live, so they had to stay in the elephant graveyard. Once Scar allowed them to roam the pride lands they destroyed it too. How else was Mufasa oppressive?

Scar was angry and bitter that Mufasa was the better leader/ruler, so he was just a giant d*ck to everyone before committing premeditated murder of his brother and nephew to usurp power.

Not sure how you can say this is a villain that did nothing wrong....
BTHOB
AG
Stive said:

c-jags said:

He was a jerk to Allie on the beach right? Otherwise I'm with you.
Actually, Allie was a jerk to him on the beach... he wanted to talk about their relationship and she kept turning the radio on loud, so he shut it off to talk... she then promised him she would talk to him, so give her back the radio... he took her at her word and gave it back... then, she ignored her promise and turned it back on. Then, whiny little Daniel inserted himself into an argument that was none of his business... and got his butt kicked (deservedly so).
Mort Rainey
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

What a bad take
Gigem314
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Tim Curry in Home Alone 2.
Hey Kevin's dad didn't come all the way to New York to get his naked rear-end spied on...
Gigem314
AG
redd38 said:

Donald Trump in Home Alone 2
I heard he got the Russians to bust the Wet Bandits out of jail...
boy09
AG
Don't know if he's necessarily the "villain", but Pierce Brosnan in Mrs. Doubtfire.
nai06
AG
MGS said:

Palpatine from the Star Wars prequels. The Jedi hated him and ultimately tried to murder him because of his religious views.
From a cannon perspective, he did a lot of messed up stuff during the clone wars. He hired a bounty hunter to steal a holocron so he could locate all of the Force sensitive younglings and turn them to the dark side. He had a few kidnapped before the plan was stopped. Count Dooku was basically at his disposal and aside from ordering murders, he killed a few people himself. All in the name of the Dark Side.
Article 58-10 Offender
G Martin 87 said:

Colonel Nathan R. Jessup
except for all of the lying both under oath and not, encouraging subordinates to lie, and throwing a lance corporal and a PFC under the bus.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.