Random complaints about movies

30,500 Views | 289 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
HouseDivided06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mikes owes $15,000. He has $10,000 that he gets from the judge and plans to win the other $5,000, which he does in the first straight up game with KGB. He says he could pay off what he owes and be half way to paying back the judge, but he decides to let his $20,000 ride and play straight up again. So he's technically good after the first game, but instead of settling up, he risks it again. Had he lost the second game, then he would have been screwed because he would have had no way to pay the $15,000 he owed. So they never settled because the money was still on the table and being gambled with.
Smokedraw01
HtownAg92 said:

He isn't square at that point. He had the money to pay off KGB earlier, but KGB goaded him into putting it back on the table. So if Mike lost the last hand, he was out all of it and the deadline was that morning.
So how did he turn $10,000 into $60,000?
HtownAg92
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

HtownAg92 said:

He isn't square at that point. He had the money to pay off KGB earlier, but KGB goaded him into putting it back on the table. So if Mike lost the last hand, he was out all of it and the deadline was that morning.
KGB reloaded after Mike busted him out. We didn't see a second reload, but it happened.

"Feel free to reload at any time"
Smokedraw01
HouseDivided06 said:

Mikes owes $15,000. He has $10,000 that he gets from the judge and plans to win the other $5,000, which he does in the first straight up game with KGB. He says he could pay off what he owes and be half way to paying back the judge, but he decides to let his $20,000 ride and play straight up again. So he's technically good after the first game, but instead of settling up, he risks it again. Had he lost the second game, then he would have been screwed because he would have had no way to pay the $15,000 he owed. So they never settled because the money was still on the table and being gambled with.
But the $20,000 turns to $60,000.
Smokedraw01
HtownAg92 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

HtownAg92 said:

KGB reloaded after Mike busted him out. We didn't see a second reload, but it happened.

Gotcha. That's a major hole then.
Quad Dog
AG
Maui has his hook back by the time he swims away from Moana. Therefore, he can transform into his shark form.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Nope, it's way earlier in the movie, right before they get attacked by the coconut pirates.
Smokedraw01
HtownAg92 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

HtownAg92 said:

That still doesn't make sense. If Mike loses, he's back to $20,000.
HouseDivided06
AG
He rolled that $20,000 into the new game. It was heads up until someone had all the chips. Mike took his $20,000 and KGB put in $20,000 for the second game. Pot was then $40,000. KGB bought back in another $20,000. Pot was $60,000. If Mike lost, he lost it all including the $20,000 he won in the first game
bearamedic99
AG
Back to Kenobi, when Luke rescues Leia in the Death Star, he says he's with Ben Kenobi and she knows that name.
Flashdiaz
AG
And? She also knew he was on tattoinne so she probably knows his super secret code first name
AggieEP
If you think too much about Star Wars you find some really dumb storytelling. Yoda and Obi Wan muse together about Luke being their only hope (of course then we find out "no there is another") but instead of spending the first 18 years of his life training him to be a super Jedi (which canon has now informed us that training must begin early or else dire consequences could arise) they let him work as a water farmer.

Then just throw him straight to the wolves risking the fate of the whole galaxy. I mean why the hell doesn't Obi Wan just raise him in the first place if he's living there in exile anyway. Or why not go to Dagobah with Yoda.

It's almost as if they have no plan at all for how to get Luke ready to defeat Vader and the empire. Only by pure dumb luck and disobedience does Luke defeat them. Yoda almost dies of old age before training luke for goodness sakes.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
not a movie and i absolutely love eastbound and down and know it's a comedy but watching kenny powers throw a baseball drives me bananas.

i guess that goes for about 90% of sports movies/scenes in general.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AggieEP said:

If you think too much about Star Wars you find some really dumb storytelling. Yoda and Obi Wan muse together about Luke being their only hope (of course then we find out "no there is another") but instead of spending the first 18 years of his life training him to be a super Jedi (which canon has now informed us that training must begin early or else dire consequences could arise) they let him work as a water farmer.

Then just throw him straight to the wolves risking the fate of the whole galaxy. I mean why the hell doesn't Obi Wan just raise him in the first place if he's living there in exile anyway. Or why not go to Dagobah with Yoda.

It's almost as if they have no plan at all for how to get Luke ready to defeat Vader and the empire. Only by pure dumb luck and disobedience does Luke defeat them. Yoda almost dies of old age before training luke for goodness sakes.
Yoda:
Hidden, safe, the children must be kept.
Obi-Wan Kenobi:
We must take them somewhere where the Sith will not sense their presence.
Yoda:
Hmm... Split up, they should be.
Senator Bail Organa:
My wife and I will take the girl. We've always talked about adopting a baby girl. She will be loved with us.
Obi-Wan:
And what of the boy?
Yoda:
To Tatooine. To his family, send him.
Obi-Wan:
I will take the child and watch over him.
Yoda:
Until the time is right, disappear we will.
Slagathor
AG
It's canon that magic interferes with the functionality of Muggle technologies powered by electricity - it acts up and becomes unreliable or breaks whatever device that's being used. Though that still doesn't provide an explanation for why wizards don't use normal mail and rely on birds.
aTmAg
AG
Too much martial arts in general. Tell a good story for a change.
HoustonAg2106
AG
ruddyduck said:

not a movie and i absolutely love eastbound and down and know it's a comedy but watching kenny powers throw a baseball drives me bananas.

i guess that goes for about 90% of sports movies/scenes in general.
I actually thought that was part of the comedy of the whole thing, it didn't look like he was even trying to make it look real
bearamedic99
AG
Depends on the mood
aTmAg
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Depends on the mood
I used to like it. Some shows I give a pass (like the Matrix). But it seems like it's all over the place now. For example, the Walking Dead tried to get us to believe that this guy:

Could fight like this guy:

Give me a break.
BBRex
AG
"Why are we hearing a Bell 412 when they are flying a JetRanger?" -- my dad during any scene with a helicopter.
Frok
AG
Forrest and Lt Dan always manage to catch dead, headless, cleaned shrimp
PatAg
AG
Smokedraw01 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Smokedraw01 said:

HtownAg92 said:

That still doesn't make sense. If Mike loses, he's back to $20,000.

oragator
Haven't read the whole thread but did we get to the BBT Raiders discussion yet?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
mrsbeer05 said:

Any scene that takes place in a school. In my 15 years in education, never seen a realistic school setting.

Freaks and geeks?
KidDoc
AG
When a character is having a catastrophic medical problem they get an ominous nose bleed. Stranger Things made this an epidemic. I see patients in clinic nearly every week with normal nose bleeds and the parents are convinced they are about to die.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
An almost perfect 10, twentysomething Amanda Peet dating a fat, old Jack Nicholson.
bearamedic99
AG
Bald guys can't Kung Fu
PooDoo
AG
Frok said:

Forrest and Lt Dan always manage to catch dead, headless, cleaned shrimp

When Forrest was in the Gym practicing ping pong when he was told he could go home... the basketball court had 3 point lines.
Furlock Bones
AG
Apache said:

Movies like "The Deer Hunter" set in Pennsylvania or "Last of the Mohicans" set in New York.
They depict hunters killing (or trying to kill) Red Deer.... which are not found in North America.

Elk roamed much of the entire US including NY state when Last of the Mohicans is set.
beanbean
Movies where Arnold Schwarzeneggar's name is something like Ben Richards or Adam Gibson. Or Ray Owens.
bushytailed
AG
LPHA said:

The Wilhelm scream takes me out of just about every scene that uses it.

superunknown
AG
I always figured Ben was short for Obi Wan. Like calling Robert "Bob".

Obiwanjamin?
MSFC Aggie
AG
War of the worlds, all that advanced technology, and the aliens didn't know about bacteria??
Urban Ag
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Apache said:

Movies like "The Deer Hunter" set in Pennsylvania or "Last of the Mohicans" set in New York.
They depict hunters killing (or trying to kill) Red Deer.... which are not found in North America.

Elk roamed much of the entire US including NY state when Last of the Mohicans is set.
True but whatever the F they killed in the Deer Hunter was not a whitetail which is the only species of deer in that neck of the woods. It did in fact look like a bad genetic red deer (aka red stag) and that always threw me off about that film.
Urban Ag
AG
So I hate to even post this because it's about my favorite movie of all time.

Saving Private Ryan. For me, the masterpiece.

The scene where Miller's rescue squad enters the first French town on the journey and they link up with Airborne elements of either the 82nd or 101st. When Capt Miller throws out the plan to start moving through the streets, he tells Sgt Horvath to take care of Upham. Upham is clinging to Horvath likes he's about to have a meltdown. Moments later Upham is calmly talking with the other soldiers.

The whole scene where Carpazo take the little girl after his NCO and Officer are yelling at him not to, and doing so adds no value to anything, is just so awkward. It never really dawned on me before until I was switching back and forth between that and the KC game.

Very strangely done scene in what is elsewise, a pretty perfect film. IMO.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.