Random complaints about movies

30,292 Views | 289 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
lespaul
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jar jar binks (any scene)

How would marching side by side vs single file hide your numbers?

Why didn't chewy get a medal?

Bruce Almighty
AG
The Debt said:

Somehow Braveheart had the Battle of Sterling Bridge.....without a fkin bridge.

Is that the battle with the white car in the background?
The Debt

AggieEP
One possible answer would be a bit gimmicky, but perhaps we're not at the same goat from earlier in th movie. The paddock is surely large for an animal of that size, so maybe we're at a different location than the clear daylight shot from earlier in the movie. If that's the case then we can start to accept some of the possible explanations as plausible.
toucan82
Any character in a bar: I'll have a beer
The Debt
Iirc, it was the one where the nobles actually fought and the Scots won.
Raptor
AG
Why are you guys ripping on JP so much??
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

HoustonAg2106
AG
Raptor said:

I love Jurassic Park, that part has just always bugged me for some reason...

Ag Since 83
AG
If, as Max says, Job doesn't quote scripture, then why did Jim Phelps take the Bible from the Drake Hotel in Chicago?

Counterpoint
AG
When text shows up on a computer screen, it happens one letter at a time and makes a hard to describe beeping sound (and the sound is the same in every movie or show).
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
IJones23
When there's no attention to detail. Like just now, in Jack Ryan when they're gearing up to get Greer. One of the guys checks his Glock, it's empty. Then another guy hands Ryan an AR mag, it's empty too, but he locks and loads.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
IJones23 said:

When there's no attention to detail. Like just now, in Jack Ryan when they're gearing up to get Greer. One of the guys checks his Glock, it's empty. Then another guy hands Ryan an AR mag, it's empty too, but he locks and loads.
To be fair, these actors are liberals. They know nothing about guns except that guns can make loud sounds and "they can arbitrarily mow down rows of people all on their own"
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
C@LAg said:

Hackers in movies.
This.

As a software engineer, I detest the word hackers.
AggieEP
Raptor said:

I love jurassic park, actually the more I like a movie the more nit picks I'm likely to have.

In star wars I've never understood why Luke's last name was left as Skywalker. Seems like a huge risk in case Vader (or any other imperial loyalist aware of Anakin's real name) ever happened to travel to Tatoinne. And in the same vein, Obi Wan Kenobi changes his name to Old Ben Kenobi which even dumb Luke figures out they are the same guy in about 10 seconds.
bearamedic99
AG
Wait

Serious question

Was his first name Obi Wan? I thought that was a title and Ben was his real first name.
Ulrich
Trackers counting footsteps. If they travel side by side, everyone leaves a trail. If they travel in a column, they are leaving one trail and each rider is partially wiping out the tracks of the rider in front. You would know there are more than one, but hard to tell if there are 5 or 20. Native Americans and other nomadic people traveled that way.
Nagler
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Raptor said:

I always thought the part they fell off of was on the opposite side from the T-Rex paddock.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AggieEP said:

Raptor said:

I love jurassic park, actually the more I like a movie the more nit picks I'm likely to have.

In star wars I've never understood why Luke's last name was left as Skywalker. Seems like a huge risk in case Vader (or any other imperial loyalist aware of Anakin's real name) ever happened to travel to Tatoinne. And in the same vein, Obi Wan Kenobi changes his name to Old Ben Kenobi which even dumb Luke figures out they are the same guy in about 10 seconds.
Was Old Ben Kenobi on his drivers license?

You realize these planets have millions of people on them, yes? And that Darth Vader being Anakin was a secret known to maybe 5 people?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I know this is a tangent but, how did that secret get out? I know one of the books explains how Leia's secret got out and she lost support in the New Republic.
The Debt
We arent talking about Vader's identity, we are talking about Luke's.

If the idea was to keep the children of Skywalker hidden from the empire, giving the son to anakin's cousin and making sure Luke retains the same surname is silly. You already said there are tons of planets with millions (probably billions) of people on them, cant find a single family who is willing to adopt? Cant find one orphanage?
GIF Reactor
AG
In movies/tv when people wake up and immediately start talking face to face and open-mouth, french-kissing. Morning breath?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Nobody but obiwan bail organa and yoda knew that anakin had children. Brian in the comics boba fett investigates the yavin iv base and brings back the info that red 5 is luke Skywalker
hph6203
AG
TCTTS said:

I can't remember the exact line, but Ellie calls out Hammond at one point for having poisonous, 65-million-year-old plants in the lobby. She follows that up with something like, "But you just picked them out because they look good."
It's not that scene where she talks about the age of the plants, it's when they first get to the island and she's holding a giant leaf. Not sure if she's saying the plants in the lunch scene are extinct, I think she's saying you chose plants that are poisonous and are unaware of that and they're from this time period, but you think you can understand and control dinosaurs.

In Dark Knight during the opening sequence that everyone loves so much, when the bus backs into the bank and "hits" the guy it's pretty clear that he doesn't even come close to getting hit. Like a 2-3 foot gap and he goes flying.

aTmAg
AG
Spy's always being Bruce Lee level fighters. The skill sets are completely different. Bruce Lee, MMA fighters, etc. dedicate their lives to that sort of thing. Other professionals don't have that kind of time. Spy's aren't even the right term. A spy in Russia would typically be a Russian citizen giving somebody else secrets. An American spy would be a traitor like Aldrich Ames. Americans in Russia are not considered "spys" but "case officers" that recruit and handle spys. Real CIA case officers are multilingual, observant, keep a low profile, etc. They don't fight anybody.
Cancelled
AG
aTmAg said:

Spy's always being Bruce Lee level fighters. The skill sets are completely different. Bruce Lee, MMA fighters, etc. dedicate their lives to that sort of thing. Other professionals don't have that kind of time. Spy's aren't even the right term. A spy in Russia would typically be a Russian citizen giving somebody else secrets. An American spy would be a traitor like Aldrich Ames. Americans in Russia are not considered "spys" but "case officers" that recruit and handle spys. Real CIA case officers are multilingual, observant, keep a low profile, etc. They don't fight anybody.

Yes. So much truth. Spy's are not secret agents and vice versa. That said, I highly doubt there are any real life Bourne's, Bonds or Hunts. I'm sure there are guys that are assassins but they are not superhuman martial arts killers. But it is fun.
Punked Shank
AG
toucan82 said:

Any character in a bar: I'll have a beer

To be fair, in Ireland, if you say "I'll have a pint". You get a guiness everytime.
PanzerAggie06
AG
Any movie involving the military when they have major uniform fails. How hard is it to get an advisor to tell them the proper wear of a uniform? Or for that matter, look it up online and figure it out. A most recent example of this I noticed was in "Fear the Walking Dead," where they had a guy with 2LT rank on his PC while he had E5 rank on his ACUs top. Come one. That is just lazy.
AtlAg05
AG
I thought I remember hearing they are required to not be 100% accurate.

Although I might have read it on the internet so it might not be true.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Nagler said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Raptor said:

I always thought the part they fell off of was on the opposite side from the T-Rex paddock.
Absolutely not, they were using the fence wiring to propel down as the car was being thrown over. Also on the other side is the bathroom where the wuss in the short shorts got eaten.
PanzerAggie06
AG
I have heard that also. However, I've never seen it verified. Also, plenty of movies and tv shows get the uniforms correctly which adds to my doubt that that rule/law exists.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Another one that always bugged me....

In Die Hard, John McClane shows up in LA at Nakatomi Tower on Christmas Eve for Holly's company Christmas party (who the hell has a company Christmas party on Christmas Eve?!?!?) but I digress........

The bad guy pretending to be the security guard is watching the Notre Dame/USC football game on TV. ON CHRISTMAS EVE.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
as noted on other threads, my biggest movie complaint is that tea leoni was not killed in jurassic park 3.
Cancelled
AG
On Ozark, when the kid bought a fully auto rifle from Walmart Ugh
Apache
AG
Movies like "The Deer Hunter" set in Pennsylvania or "Last of the Mohicans" set in New York.
They depict hunters killing (or trying to kill) Red Deer.... which are not found in North America.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.