Random complaints about movies

30,218 Views | 289 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
HtownAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

SJEAg said:

HtownAg92 said:

Yelnick McWawa said:

Texaggie7nine said:

While we are on Christmas Vacation...

The movie is almost flawless in every scene being funny except for the sled scene. It's just dumb. And to top it all off, Eddie saying "bingo" at the end is incredibly cheesy and unfunny.

Disagree.
I'm with you. Every Vacation movie has some off-the-wall stunt. Vacation -- "50 yards" and the whole family sleeping in the moving car. Euro -- knocking down Stonehenge. Vegas -- Hoover Dam.

And without the sled scene, you wouldn't have one of the best lines in the movie: 'You really think it matters, Ed?"

Think what makes the sled scene dumber is him going 0-200mph in .01 seconds. Would have worked better without the cartoon FX. The other stunt scenes didn't have that.
And sledding down a road and turning around cars. It's cheap slapstick.
I always forget how the Vacation movies are intended to be intelligent comedy.

The entire franchise is slapstick.

Let's hear your thoughts on the "going the wrong way" scene in Planes, Trains
Or the car hood or deer scenes in Tommy Boy
Or the entirety of Kevin's home defense in Home Alone
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
  • cities don't have an "auxiliary nuclear" switch for overzealous Christmas light displays either.
  • Clark did not have the means to dig up that massive tree by the roots and put it on his car.
  • Audrey would have gone blind if her eyes were completely frozen solid.
  • Nobody gives a sh*t b/c it's a funny-ass movie that's not meant to be taken seriously

Texaggie7nine

Quote:

Let's hear your thoughts on the "going the wrong way" scene in Planes, Trains

One of the funniest scenes in movie history. It may be a little far fetched, but people stupidly end up driving on the wrong side of the free way several times a year if you pay attention to traffic accident reports.

It is a hilarious situation to think about. Looking over at people on the other side of a median telling you that you are going the wrong way and thinking they mean the wrong way as in the way to your destination.

I love it.

Quote:

Or the car hood or deer scenes in Tommy Boy
A little far fetched again, but still something possible. Having what you think is a dead dear in the car and it coming alive. Great scene.

Quote:

Or the entirety of Kevin's home defense in Home Alone
That is no cheap slap stick. That is well thought out, perfectly executed slap stick.

The sled scene is just impossible in so many ways. It would never go that fast, it would never stay on concrete that long and keep going without tearing up. They would never be able to see him that far away to say "bingo" if you judge how far he went by how fast he was going and how long we was going.

It's just one big scene of impossible unfunny stuff and to top it all off. "Bingo" was just cringy and dumb.
7nine
DE4D
AG
no, literally, if you crossed the seal with the cup, it collapsed internally.

give me a sword and I WILL WIN THIS WAR FOR YOU, JIMBO
Texaggie7nine
sw@n said:

no, literally, if you crossed the seal with the cup, it collapsed internally.

give me a sword and I WILL WIN THIS WAR FOR YOU, JIMBO
Oh yeah. Well the Knight stayed there because he had to. Once you crossed the seal you became mortal again after drinking from the cup. If the Knight left he would die. Also, he took an oath to guard the grail, so he did.
7nine
Potcake
AG
Not movies but fast food commercials that show the burger, fries, and a coke in a Coke glass. I realize it is supposed to make everything more appealing but nobody has those glasses.
double aught
AG
Haha. I've always noticed that too.

Freebirds used to have Pepsi cups. The drinks tasted better out of those.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Eddie piling bag after bag of dog food over all of Clark's groceries (and breaking his light bulbs) was a great visual gag.
AtlAg05
AG
Those ads are funny to me because you never get your food to look like that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Movie theater ads, too. They always have coke in a glass.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.