Random complaints about movies

30,539 Views | 289 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Almost no one in movies or tv ever says bye when ending a phone conversation. One of the parties just hangs up on the other. Even with conversations that are not had in anger.
TresPuertas
AG
Average Joe said:

I cringe during this MOVIE. So terrible.

Sorry, had to.
HtownAg92
AG
Sarduakar said:

maverick and goose were told not to engage below the hard deck. You could fly below it. The crap is that is an easy out for Jester to just fly there and escape.

Lorraine and george knew Calvin Klein for what a week and had no picture of him. They probably remember him since they named their 3rd kid after him "Marty such a nice name" but would have just claimed they looked similar
But isn't the hard deck supposed to simulate the altitude of the ground? Couldn't Mav and Goose say that they got Jester because they chased him into the "ground" to crash?

I guess they really are cowboys.

Just saw one last night that has always bothered me from Point Break. During the beach football game, the field is about 30 yards when all of the touchdowns are scored. But when Bodhi goes for the wheel route and Johnny tackles him into the beach, they both run a good 40-50 yards down the beach. Bodhi would have already scored.

Sports movies in general - couldn't they bring in a coach for a day and teach these drama dorks the basics of how to throw, swing a bat, look like someone with athletic ability, especially when they are playing pros?

Costner, Redford, Sheen, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Pedro Serrano are exceptions.
Silky Johnston
This is mine. Conversation is going well and then all of a sudden, *click*.
Ag 11
AG
Let me clack around on my keyboard for 2 seconds.
I'm in! I just hacked in to the mainframe whatever.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's a UNIX system!
Flashdiaz
AG
When the hero falls faster than the victim (Batman, Spider-Man (McGuire version)
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
The Jawas transporter gets shot up....
"These shots were way too accurate for Sandpeople, only Imperial Stormtroopers could have done this"
Imperial Stormtroopers spend the rest of the movie not being able to hit the broadside of a barn.

The holes in the wall behind Jules when he and Vincent go to get the briefcase from the punks in the apartment before the dude even busts out of the bathroom shooting. Such an obvious error for an otherwise perfect movie.

Jasomania
AG
Jurassic Park the big scene with the car falling off the cliff like side wall of the T-Rex paddock but then later when Ellie takes the Jeep to the area where the car is it is at the same elevation level that the road is.
The Debt
I think it was in enemy of the state. Will smith calls his wife she picks up her cordless phone, presses the button. The phone makes a "beep-beep-bum-bum." Then she starts talking to Will.

I owned that house phone and the "bum-bum" sound means it didnt connect to the reciever properly. I applaud them for using an actual phone, rather than a prop and soundboard, but it snapped me out of the suspension of disbelief. That phone was frustrating and the actress just acted as though that's a connected call.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

guadalupeag said:

If they used the blood from mosquitoes to clone the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park, what did they use to clone the plants?
This one has always bugged me.
Good point.

And I've wondered .... where did they get the DNA sample for that mosasaur in Jurassic World?
HoustonAg2106
AG
Jasomania said:

Jurassic Park the big scene with the car falling off the cliff like side wall of the T-Rex paddock but then later when Ellie takes the Jeep to the area where the car is it is at the same elevation level that the road is.
Not only that, the goat is at the same level as the main road when it gets eaten, but then all of a sudden there is this huge cliff like drop?
maroon man
S
This is a GREAT thread! I don't agree with all of these BUT they are still good!

expresswrittenconsent
Do you really want to see people saying "bye bye" at the end of a call, or see hacking that takes a long time and doesnt have a neat interface (or see jack bauer stop to grab a taco and drop a deuce)?
I'm trying to think of all the phone goodbyes I can remember in popular film/tv/culture and they seem to fall into one of 3 categories:
1. Comedy movie or SNL type skits mocking this where someone serious is trying to end a call and the other person wont let them.
2. Very serious scene where a female character gets very bad news on a phone call and we see the call end so she can sob as the scene cuts.
3. Mystery Science Theatre 3000 making fun of a 50s-70 bad B movie.

Minor movie continuity errors were fun to try and catch in the 80s early 90s before the internet made it easier. People lost their damn minds over the ghost boy in the window of 3 men and a baby. My favorite one as a kid was during Beverly Hills Cop when Eddie is supposed to throw a guy over the buffet at the country club but the stuntman looks like Richard Pryor.

Bruce Almighty
AG
As great as Jurassic Park is, the science in that movie is pretty crappy.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

As great as Jurassic Park is, the science in that movie is pretty crappy.
You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Jason Ag
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

The Jawas transporter gets shot up....
"These shots were way too accurate for Sandpeople, only Imperial Stormtroopers could have done this"
Imperial Stormtroopers spend the rest of the movie not being able to hit the broadside of a barn.

Force ghost Qui-Gon Jinn helping Obi Wan and his heros by covertly changing the blaster shot paths. Obi Wan takes over these duties after a new hope.
LHIOB
AG
Jake Taylor doing anything basebally in Major League. That includes just wearing a hat. He cant do any of it.
beanbean
Bohdi tells Johnny Utah that he lived his whole life to surf the 100 year storm so Johnny lets him go. Bohdi then only manages to get up on his board for about 2 seconds or 10 feet then wipes out and dies.
TresPuertas
AG
brucoh said:

Bohdi tells Johnny Utah that he lived his whole life to surf the 100 year storm so Johnny lets him go. Bohdi then only manages to get up on his board for about 2 seconds or 10 feet then wipes out and dies.

Johnny Utah was al all American in college and tries to be undercover.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
TCTTS said:

guadalupeag said:

If they used the blood from mosquitoes to clone the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park, what did they use to clone the plants?
This one has always bugged me.
I don't think they cloned the plants, I think they were using flora from today that would still be similar to what was around back then. There are a lot of plants that have changed very little from then to now. Kind of like Crocs and sharks haven't changed a huge deal since the Cretaceous.
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Jasomania said:

Not only that, the goat is at the same level as the main road when it gets eaten, but then all of a sudden there is this huge cliff like drop?
this bugged me forever. I think there is a real explanation on wtf was happening in that regard, but I don't remember what off the top of my head. I was like... where did the cliff come from?
Owner of Texian Firearms:
Dealer in Firearms, Optics, Night Vision and other shooting accessories.
US importer/distributor of Rudolph Optics
Supporting bad financial decisions since 2015
mrsbeer05
AG
Any scene that takes place in a school. In my 15 years in education, never seen a realistic school setting.
Bruce Almighty
AG
mrsbeer05 said:

Any scene that takes place in a school. In my 15 years in education, never seen a realistic school setting.

Season 4 of The Wire
expresswrittenconsent
Bruce Almighty said:

mrsbeer05 said:

Season 4ALL of Saved by The Wire Bell

FIFY
AustinAg2K
bobinator said:

I don't like how the magical community in Harry Potter uses owls when the muggles use a far better technology. You'd think the wizarding world would utilize some of the convenient current technologies.
Not only that, since many of the Wizarding community have muggle parents, you would think they would keep things like the telephone or computers.
AggieEP
TheEyeGuy said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Jasomania said:

this bugged me forever. I think there is a real explanation on wtf was happening in that regard, but I don't remember what off the top of my head. I was like... where did the cliff come from?

All of you are kind of off the mark on this one. The problem is with figuring out how the Tyrannosaurus could just walk out of her paddock. The moats are a security feature mentioned earlier by Hammond and the lawyer. So we have the explorers on level ground just like the goat but separated by a moat.

Obviously the worst moat in history because TRex can just reach out and rip the fence apart with her semi vestigial arms. But it gets more complicated because the car goes into the moat... but we see that the moat is freaking massive like as if it's not a moat at all but rather a 75 foot chasm.

How the hell did TRex get out? The only explanations I've seen focus on there being a big hill and where the explorers were was at the top of the hill and then pushed to a spot further down. But that leaves the question of where the moat mentioned by Hammond is and why would Grant not simply walk back up the hill and to the road rather than deciding to hike through the park.
Robert C. Christian
AG
In the claymation Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, on the Island of Misfit Toys we meet a bird that swims. At the end of the movie, Santa picks up the misfit toys in order to deliver to all the good girls and boys. During the credits one of Santa's elves is seen giving the toys umbrellas and tossing out the sleigh. Well, all except for the swimming bird who is pushed out to his death.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

HoustonAg2106
AG
I just think they screwed up with the camera work/scene if there is supposed to be a moat or a cliff separating the goat from the fence...

LHIOB
AG
Theres a moat in the books. Not that it matters for the movie...

Also the scene with the explorer galling thru the tree establishes the road is above the TRex paddock.
TCTTS
AG
An attempt at explaining it, which helps, but still doesn't quite check out...

https://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/65010/how-did-the-t-rex-reach-the-vehicles-in-jurassic-park
HoustonAg2106
AG
LHIOB said:

Theres a moat in the books. Not that it matters for the movie...

Also the scene with the explorer galling thru the tree establishes the road is above the TRex paddock.

There are scenes that establish that the road is above the paddock and ones like the one I just posted that show the paddock and the goat are on the same level as the road...that's what makes it a mistake in the movie
gggmann
AG
mrsbeer05 said:

Dazed and Confused seemed pretty accurate
The Debt
Somehow Braveheart had the Battle of Sterling Bridge.....without a fkin bridge.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.