***** El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie SPOILERS THREAD *****

21,764 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dcAg
Know Your Enemy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's keep the other thread spoiler free for those that can't watch the movie right away.
Dro07
Know Your Enemy
AG
Just finished. I loved it but I'm sad it's over. I need some time to digest before I post more.
Know Your Enemy
AG
One thing I found weird is that the scene from the first trailer of Skinny Pete being interrogated by the DEA wasn't even in the movie.
Liquid Wrench
Woke up too early this morning so I went ahead and watched it. Lots to talk about, but the biggest thing I was surprised by was no resolution on Brock, unless I missed it.

In one of the post finale interviews, Jonathan Banks was asked what he thought Jesse did next, and he said he had no doubt Jesse would go check on that boy. Obviously that was just his opinion, but I thought it might be right.
Know Your Enemy
AG
The letter he gave the vacuum cleaner repairman to mail from Mexico was addressed to Brock.
Liquid Wrench
OK, thanks, I couldn't see and just figured it was to his parents. I may rewatch later this weekend.
Know Your Enemy
AG
And no sign of Huell anywhere. WTF GILLIGAN?!
Know Your Enemy
AG
One thing I haven't figured out yet is how the welders had a key to Jesse's apartment and knew to go looking for the money. The second part is easier to explain, I guess. Jesse always tended to have diarrhea of the mouth. He liked to give out way too much information on everything.
Liquid Wrench
You mean Todd's apartment? I guess they knew enough about him and Jack to figure out to go look there for money.

And btw, Todd's total airhead sociopath thing was maybe my favorite thing about this movie.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I really enjoyed the movie. It was kind of jarring how much weight Todd had put on though, compared to how most of the characters looked relatively the same.

The wild west shootout scene was awesome.

Also, Skinny Pete and Badger had me cracking up. The ultimate bros.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Yes, Todd's apartment. My bad.

And I was a bit distracted by how much heavier Todd was too.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Despite the weight thing, Todd was fantastic in his scenes. I hate him so much, but he's got a very dark humor to him.
Short Round
Junkhead said:

And no sign of Huell anywhere. WTF GILLIGAN?!

I'm guessing the next flick will be: Huell: A breaking bad movie.

Van Buren Boy
AG
Watching now. Fat Todd really bothers me
chipotle
Fat Todd at Pollos Hermanos: A Breaking Bad Movie
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just watched Felina and El Camino back-to-back.

First, it's impressive enough how perfect that finale was. But then, to risk that with a follow-up, and completely stick the landing again, is just awesome.

That was a perfect ending for Jesse. I guess it doesn't change the ending he had in BB all that much (many assumed he would head straight to Alaska), but it certainly provided closure for his character. If Felina was Walt's closure, this was Jesse's.

I certainly did not expect Todd to be such a big part of this movie. That came as a surprise. Enjoyed all the other cameos like Mike and Jane.

For whatever reason, I had forgotten a Walt cameo was even possible, so when he walked out of that room, I literally cheered. And I was alone on my couch.

The letter to Brock was a nice touch, I knew they'd have to wrap that up, but they couldn't show him, as he'd be too old now.

The "duel" was a tad on the ridiculous side, to be honest, but not enough to ruin it or anything. That was still badass. No more ridiculous than the machine gun in the trunk, I suppose.

Overall, Vince nailed it, as I knew he would. The legacy of Breaking Bad remains intact.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I fully expected a Cranston cameo but did not expect to see Jane again.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
From the sound of it, you liked it but didn't quite love it.

Did it disappoint you?
TXAG14
Meh it was alright. Lots of things were predictable. Fat Todd and bald cap Heisenberg bothered me.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Did it disappoint you?

No, not at all.
Know Your Enemy
AG
TY
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"I graduated high school, dick. You were on stage when I got my diploma."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Walt's line "You didn't have to wait your whole life to do something special" was kind of heartbreaking.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Todd singing was greatness.
Blanco Ag
AG
Todd is fat
Baby Billy
AG
Did y'all not see Todd in Fargo?!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm glad you're finally out.
Kellso
Junkhead said:

One thing I found weird is that the scene from the first trailer of Skinny Pete being interrogated by the DEA wasn't even in the movie.
I just got back from seeing this movie in the theatre and that was also the first thing I thought of.

I thought the first hour of the movie was badass. It kind of drug through the second half and just kinda ended.
It definitely leaves the door open for a sequel.

I liked this movie much more than Joker.
EllisCoAg
AG
6-10-84 is my daughter's birthday

I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
ac04
A+

obsession's the bomb, yo. i got it for him for christmas.
PatAg
AG
I will say, the wild west scene is less random when you consider those guys were probably just snorting coke and banging hookers for about an hour straight.

It also gives you a chance to see that Jesse is sneaky smart one moretime.
CrawfordAg
AG
I ways call Todd "Fat Damon". Ever since he was in that episode of Black Mirror where I swore after the first watching it was Matt Damon on a carb diet.
Topher17
AG
Just got out of the theater and I thought it was great! I did think the shootout was a little over the top, but otherwise was a really well done conclusion to Jesse's story. It was a great blend of showing Jesse's desire to move on and change his life, but having to resort to his old ways to do so. The scene of him manipulating his parents was heartbreaking.
Serious Lee
always wondered since i was a kid, just how long it would take an oxy acetylene torch to cut through the supply tank and blow everything up. good to know its enough time to get the hell out of dodge.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.