***** El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie SPOILERS THREAD *****

22,182 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dcAg
Mort Rainey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

And I was a bit distracted by how much heavier Todd was too.
he's fat and happy banging Kirsten Dunst who looks way better at 37 than she did at 27.

What a legend
aTmAg
AG
I saw the bald cap when they were walking down the hall, but didn't see it at all in the restaurant. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that the restaurant scene was filmed and cut from breaking bad. Jesse looked a lot younger all of the sudden.
Bunk Moreland
aTmAg said:

I saw the bald cap when they were walking down the hall, but didn't see it at all in the restaurant. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that the restaurant scene was filmed and cut from breaking bad. Jesse looked a lot younger all of the sudden.

Thought this exact same thing.
Old Tom Morris
I think it was still bald cap. Jesse was heavier than he was during that season of BB, and while it's a great bald cap, I still though Walt's head looked a little more round than it naturally is. But the bald cap doesn't bother me at all.
Saint Pablo
Fat Todd was very distracting. A quick diet would have gone a long way.
P.C. Principal
Watched last night and loved it. Felt good to have some closure on Jesse's story. Wasn't perfect obviously but damn it was good to see some Breaking Bad again. I liked the storyline with the welders. Guess they needed a decent villain since all the others were killed off.

Love Robert Forster's character too, sad he passed away.
mazzag
AG
CW Griswold said:

Had an oh **** moment this morning when I watched BB Season 5 Episode 5 "Dead Freight" and realized the tarantula from El Camino was probably trapped by the kid that Todd killed.

Didn't put it together while watching El Camino.

I didn't put it together either and now I'm nauseated. Even knowing how sick Todd was. But I liked how he said he painted his apartment like an Easter Egg.
claym711
AG
This was very dull and uninspired. Didn't expect it to live up to BB, but it doesn't even come close to The Better Call Saul level of 'good'. Wasted opportunity
Stat Monitor Repairman

Got the dead body of his poor cleaning lady and Jesse tied up in the back of his El Camino and is cruising along, singing ... tryna get the 18-wheeler to honk. Talmbout gettin a couple pizzas and some beer. Best day of his life. Hilarious scene and well done.
PatAg
AG
claym711 said:

I thought This was very dull and uninspired. I think it Didn't expect it to live up to BB, but it doesn't even come close to The Better Call Saul level of 'good'. I feel it was a Wasted opportunity
your welcome
Know Your Enemy
AG
Gilligan said the horn honk move & subsequent shrug when it didn't happen was completely ad libbed by Jesse Plemons. Did it in one take.
Know Your Enemy
AG
'El Camino' Had Two Alternate Endings and the Original Cut Ran Three Hours
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I hope we get to see the contents of the letter at some point.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Got the dead body of his poor cleaning lady and Jesse tied up in the back of his El Camino and is cruising along, singing ... tryna get the 18-wheeler to honk. Talmbout gettin a couple pizzas and some beer. Best day of his life. Hilarious scene and well done.
Came here to post this. Todd was the best part of this movie, imho.

Life's an endless party, not a punch card.
BenFiasco14
AG
Todd being that fat was unacceptable, IMHO. It really broke the immersion.

Otherwise, really enjoyed the movie, was a nice treat being able to re-enter the BB universe.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
ORAggieFan
Awesome interview with Gilligan
Complete Idiot
BenFiasco14 said:

Todd being that fat was unacceptable, IMHO. It really broke the immersion.

Otherwise, really enjoyed the movie, was a nice treat being able to re-enter the BB universe.
I feel like they doubled down on it to, there were scenes were it felt intentional they had put a too short shirt on him and you could see belly - LIVE BELLY - because the shirt wasn't covering it. They could have easily put him in some slimming undergarment with the shirt over the top but said **** IT, TODD IS FAT.

I just have to say POOR FAN SERVICE (to irritate a poster above, and myself for that matter).
Bunk Moreland
I can't believe so many on here give even 1 iota about Fat Todd. It made zero difference to me when watching other than to go "oh hey fat Todd" then I immediately fell back into the story.

Long live Fat Todd!
Complete Idiot
ORAggieFan said:

Awesome interview with Gilligan
Nice, thanks for the link
Quad Dog
AG
A detail I noticed is that while Jesse and Todd were putting the top on the El Camino Todd had to pull his pants up. A few minutes later we find out why he wasn't wearing a belt.
TXAGFAN
AG
Quad Dog said:

A detail I noticed is that while Jesse and Todd were putting the top on the El Camino Todd had to pull his pants up. A few minutes later we find out why he wasn't wearing a belt.
Certainly isn't because he lost weight.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
What a complete waste of time. What really ruined it was Jessie blowing out the lighter when he found the flashlight while searching Todd's apartment. I mean, how stupid is that? I quit watching at that point.

M.C. Swag
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

What a complete waste of time. What really ruined it was Jessie blowing out the lighter when he found the flashlight while searching Todd's apartment. I mean, how stupid is that? I quit watching at that point.

So you didn't see how it ended?
Belton Ag
AG

claym711
AG
PatAg said:

claym711 said:

I thought This was very dull and uninspired. I think it Didn't expect it to live up to BB, but it doesn't even come close to The Better Call Saul level of 'good'. I feel it was a Wasted opportunity
you're welcome

You're welcome.
Know Your Enemy
AG

PatAg
AG
claym711 said:

PatAg said:

claym711 said:

you're welcome

You're welcome.
That's what people do when they don't have an actual comeback. Congratulations.
P.C. Principal

I thought it was stupid too but seriously it was a dealbreaker to even finish watching the movie?
BadMoonRisin
AG
I havent seen breaking bad since Felina aired and didnt go back to watch any episodes to get ready for El Camino. Maybe it's because I watched the season of Fargo with him and Kirsten in it, but I didnt even notice he was fat.

Only after reading this thread and then going back to see what he looked like in BB.

Thanks guys.

And that scene of him driving along singing, after convincing Jesse to override his survival instincts of shooting him dead by promising him beer and pizza, was amazing.
It's not the severity of the punishment that deters crime; it's the certainty of it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Todd is hilarious in Game Night, if you haven't seen it.
ac04
todd was fantastic (despite being fat).

she doesn't even speak english, so I don't know what she would be looking up. maybe m for mexico? weird.
claym711
AG
PatAg said:

claym711 said:

PatAg said:

claym711 said:

you're welcome

You're welcome.
That's what people do when they don't have an actual comeback. Congratulations.

Poor guy. Sorry I hurt your feelers over this movie.
PatAg
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Not surprised that the former leader of Crucifictorius is a clutch performer.
oragator
I thought it was ok,
Thought it could have been better though. Good being fat didn't bother me too much, but Jesse looking and talking 10 years older was distracting the whole movie.
There were some really cool Easter eggs, like the tarantula Todd took from the kid he killed, the final fate of Lydia, among others.

But they could have done that in an hour and gotten the same result, and very little in the way of emotion outside of the early ptsd scenes. Just Jessie rising around trying to find 250k for 2 hours.
Dad
AG
I liked it. My only problem with it was that I only binge watched BB once through and had forgotten a lot about the show.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.