Tool - 8/30

14,530 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BowSowy
aggieforester05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Very true, they're too complex to grasp upon first listen. I've listened to this single at least ten times and I'm still learning it.
Duncan Idaho
Junkhead said:

Barnes & Noble has it.

Never would have thought about them but i got a pretty order in.thanks
Know Your Enemy
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Junkhead said:

Barnes & Noble has it.

Never would have thought about them but i got a pretty order in.thanks
Jim01
AG
Tool is in that category of bands I really admire and respect and fully conceit their greatness but just have never been able to fall in love with. I own three of their albums but haven't listened in years. I'm interested to hear the full album.

It really amazes me that all their albums are in the top 5 on iTunes. I would have figured 99% of Tool fans already owned every album and had them digitized into their iTunes library years ago.
Texaggie7nine
Most people I know, like me, never digitized their physical albums. They let itunes or whatever streaming service do the work and if they couldn't get it, then they just didn't listen to it.
7nine
62strat
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Most people I know, like me, never digitized their physical albums. They let itunes or whatever streaming service do the work and if they couldn't get it, then they just didn't listen to it.

Digitizing cds was a thing way, way before itunes streaming came around. What did you do for the decade before streaming came along if you didn't digitized your albums?

I've had all tool albums on my iphone for.. well as long as I've had an iphone. Before that, they were on my ipod. Before that, they were on burned cds in my car. We're talking like 90s at this point!
Texaggie7nine
Personally, I got most of my stuff from Napster. Why bother ripping my own stuff when I could DL it free?

Before I had an ipod (fake ipod), i really only listened to CDs.
7nine
Duncan Idaho
It will sit in my guest bedroom, proudly next to my copy of Pulse with the blinking red led telling visitors "you are welcome to stay the night but dont get too comfortable
Flashdiaz
AG
I ripped the CD's to have the highest quality I could get, then those have been on my phone since.

It's going to be bittersweet... took them a loooooong time to get this out and they're not getting any younger, will this be the last time i'm this excited for new music? I hope not.
62strat
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Why bother ripping my own stuff when I could DL it free?

Time.

It didn't take long to rip a cd even in those days.. quicker than searching for and downloading 12 songs.
Texaggie7nine
I must admit, in those days, I wasn't listening to anything you could find at a CD store.
7nine
Duncan Idaho
62strat said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Why bother ripping my own stuff when I could DL it free?

Time.

It didn't take long to rip a cd even in those days.. quicker than searching for and downloading 12 songs.

And then having to update the track info so that those 12 songs weren't spread across 8 albums by 5 different artists.
A.c.d.c
Ac.dc
Ac/dc
A.c./d.c.
A c d c
Etc
Etc
Duncan Idaho
Texaggie7nine said:

I must admit, in those days, I wasn't listening to anything you could find at a CD store.

You forgot to log into your redstone account
Texaggie7nine
Unfortunately I wasn't listening to as cool of music as he did.

I just listened to Trance and other EDM at the time. Pretty much all of it came from europe then.
7nine
Yellerjacket
Duncan Idaho said:

It will sit in my guest bedroom, proudly next to my copy of Pulse with the blinking red led telling visitors "you are welcome to stay the night but dont get too comfortable
Mine finally stopped blinking a couple of years ago. I was thinking it might last forever.
Duncan Idaho
I actually changed the batteries
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Really digging the title track. A lot of vibes from the lateralus album. Some lateralus, intension, and maybe schism feel in there.
newhowdyag2004
I hear a lot of Reflection as well. Reflection is probably the one song from their current catalog which could fit in this album.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
newhowdyag2004 said:

I hear a lot of Reflection as well. Reflection is probably the one song from their current catalog which could fit in this album.

Agreed
CharlieBrown17
AG
I'm glad the title track got better. The first bit reminded me of

62strat
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

where were you shopping.. Best Buy?

I went to independent record stores in 90s. They had every metal album I ever heard of, so I was happy.
tk for tu juan
Email from Amazon yesterday said the Tool album will be delivered to the house on 8/30. Guess I will be leaving work early then...
62strat
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

I'm glad the title track got better. The first bit reminded me of

I can't help but keep hearing offspring 'keep em separated' with those 3 main chords in the intro.
Flashdiaz
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Email from Amazon yesterday said the Tool album will be delivered to the house on 8/30. Guess I will be leaving work early then...
me on August 30th

62strat
AG
Has anyone heard this song on fm radio? Curious if they play they whole thing and how often.

On satellite (Octane 37) it seems to be going a few times a day.
Al Bula
AG
I'm wondering if the digital download is going to come via email on the day of the arrival or it if is a physical card which arrives in the packaging with the CD. I won't be home in the 30th so may have to wait a few days.
Flashdiaz
AG
I heard it on FM radio the day it came out. The entire thing.

I don't listen to radio much so I can't tell if that was a one time deal.
Mike Elko
AG
I've heard it on 101X a couple times since its release. I rarely listen to the radio, so must've been good timing.
tk for tu juan
It did just become the longest song to enter the Billboard Hot 100 charts

https://loudwire.com/tool-break-records-new-single-aenima-top-10-billboard-200/
Al Bula
AG
Track listing: https://www.spin.com/2019/08/tool-fear-inoculum-tracklist-new-album/

1. Fear Inoculum
2. Pneuma
3. Invincible
4. Descending
5. Culling Voices
6. Chocolate Chip Trip
7. 7empest

Bonus tracks (available via the digital release; physical copy includes a digital download card):
- Litanie contre la Peur
- Legion Inoculant
- Mockingbeat
62strat
AG
title track opener.

So the noise that starts the album is a bit similar to the noise that starts Lateralus album (the grudge).. grudge is way quieter though, and only happens once.

And how do you pronounce track se7en?
Flashdiaz
AG
Chocolate chip trip.... maybe another recipe but this time in Russian
Jim01
AG
I would think it's probably just pronounced "Tempest".
Yellerjacket
Flashdiaz said:

Chocolate chip trip.... maybe another recipe but this time in Russian
I was thinking it might be this album's "Rosetta Stoned"
Greeze06
AG
I'll be damned if this song doesnt get better and better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.