Tool - 8/30

14,538 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BowSowy
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texaggie7nine
Am I dreaming?

7nine
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
Backyard swim and Sonos speakers now making neighbors aware of the streaming Tool news.
John Matrix
AG
I've been binging Tool all day. I probably need to chill a little.
62strat
AG
I don't get the whole streaming excitement.. I have all their albums, and they're on my phone, so I can listen to them anytime I want for a decade now!
fooz
62strat said:

I don't get the whole streaming excitement.. I have all their albums, and they're on my phone, so I can listen to them anytime I want for a decade now!
Texaggie7nine
My phone space is reserved for hard to find EDM tracks. Any rock or other mainstream type music I stopped putting on my phone long ago when I started using streaming services. So much easier to let Pandora or Amazon Music pick my playlist based of artists, or just listen to the albums I want to on a whim. I haven't listened to Tool really in years, just because I didn't have the option to stream them.
7nine
Ag 11
AG
Of course I bought another Aenima cd a couple weeks ago because I couldn't find mine.
Al Bula
AG

It's true for A Perfect Circle too.
aggieforester05
AG
He really did mess up a lot of good things.
boboguitar
AG
About to board a flight, already downloaded their entire catalog for offline listening.
Al Bula
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B0ycrhRn5ny
Jasomania
AG
I listen to Turbo on SiriusXM a lot which is their rock station of hard from from the 90's and early 00's and until the newest perfect circle album came out there wasn't a perfect circle or tool album that didn't qualify to be played on it.
62strat
AG
62strat
AG
Title track released.

http://smarturl.it/TOOLFIs?fbclid=IwAR0PoZLeZQLPutqRq8olndZoABGHrC_hB0Ut8_wbgw6iNkDHxyo9xc5Sbe8
Know Your Enemy
AG
So $45 for the CD and no vinyl? Is that all that's available to pre-order?

Fear Inoculum

Quote:

Fear Inoculum is the long awaited new album from TOOL, and the band's first new album in 13 years. The album will be available digitally, and in a special Limited Edition physical package that includes a CD in a tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring a 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 36 page insert book and MP3 download card.
Al Bula
AG
I wonder if you buy this package from Amazon if you get a digital download link emailed immediately ahead of the actual package. I see a digital copy is part of the package but I don't wanna wait on this to arrive, i want to be able to download the album as soon as I wake up on 8/30. And I saw another site specifying vinyl will be coming too.
Junkhead said:

Fear Inoculum

Quote:

Fear Inoculum is the long awaited new album from TOOL, and the band's first new album in 13 years. The album will be available digitally, and in a special Limited Edition physical package that includes a CD in a tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring a 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 36 page insert book and MP3 download card.

L M F A O. 45 dollars!!!!!!! Who do these guys think they are?!

Oh wait...

Jasomania
AG
62strat said:

Title track released.

http://smarturl.it/TOOLFIs?fbclid=IwAR0PoZLeZQLPutqRq8olndZoABGHrC_hB0Ut8_wbgw6iNkDHxyo9xc5Sbe8

LOL over ten minutes long too, Tool is back baby!
astros4545
AG
First listen, very very excited for this album
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG

62strat
AG
Jasomania said:

62strat said:

Title track released.

LOL over ten minutes long too, Tool is back baby!
rumor is the album only has like 7 songs at 2 segues and runs 80 minutes.
Al Bula
AG
The new single is pretty amazing.

Once again I give Mike Judge huge props for giving me some of the most influential (media) experiences of my life.

Beavis and Butthead: introduction to Tool (not to mention the premiere animated show of the 90s, suck it Simpson lovers)
King of the Hill: The quintessential middle class Texas family writ large
Office Space: THE definitive guide on how to survive the dregs of work
Idiocracy: Prophetic documentary on how the human race is devolving
Silicon Valley: Possibly the spiritual sequel to Office Space but from an American dream/entrepreneurial point of view
tk for tu juan
Pre-ordered this morning. Wonder how hard it will be to remove the HD screen, it is a good size for a DIY weather station. Plus it comes with a Tool album.
Flashdiaz
AG
Lol I was thinking the same thing. Repurposing the hardware for something else... but then I'll ruin the Tool packaging. May have to get two
aggieforester05
AG
The new single is amazing. It's complex and in some ways an amalgamation of their previous work, but with new elements and some sounds reminiscent of of A Perfect Circle.

Really look forward to the album release!
Al Bula
AG
aggieforester05 said:

The new single is amazing. It's complex and in some ways an amalgamation of their previous work, but with new elements and some sounds reminiscent of of A Perfect Circle.

I caught a little Pusifer sound in Maynard's voice as well. Not saying that's a bad thing.
jphelmet
AG
aggieforester05 said:

Definitely hear puscifer Grand Canyon and Reflection / push it.
Duncan Idaho
Junkhead said:

Fear Inoculum

Quote:

Currently unavailable
Know Your Enemy
AG
Did you check elsewhere?
Duncan Idaho
Donde?

Amazon is out and there isnt a "local record store" option that is within 200 miles of me.
newhowdyag2004
I love this song. I've listened to it maybe 6 times today and like it more each time. I can definitely understand a non Tool fan maybe not digging it because it is different, but I love seeing how the band evolved from Opiate to Fear Incoculum. While it would be great to have more anger and raw emotion, MJK has stated before that when your younger you have this inner rage and living on a couch, etc, but when your in your 50's the music hopefully helped you get through and now at a different place. How can he have the same rage when he's got vineyards and massively successful?

I've got Tool songs for my different moods now.

The 3:58 mark...f******ck
JCA1
AG
Seems like most Tool tracks require a few listens. This one is no different. They are so unique in their compositions that the first few listens, you're just trying to wrap your mind around what you're hearing.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Try Ameoba. They offer free shipping and it's not taxed since they don't have a brick & mortar store in Texas.
Duncan Idaho
Currently unavailable
Know Your Enemy
AG
Barnes & Noble has it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.