Tool - 8/30

14,470 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BowSowy
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B0MrSZ2F4q3

https://www.facebook.com/ToolMusic/photos/a.325858147474661/2368702926523496/?type=3&theater

Is this for real?

FaceMask
It's Happening Gif (The Arrested Development one)
Al Bula
AG
62strat said:

https://instagr.am/p/B0MrSZ2F4q3

https://www.facebook.com/ToolMusic/photos/a.325858147474661/2368702926523496/?type=3&theater

Is this for real?

Is what real? Yes, there has been announcement made that the new album drops on August 30.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Ag 11
AG
I'll believe it when the cd is in my hand
spag.ag2003
AG
It's happening, multiple band members have confirmed including MJK.

Unless it's not
62strat
AG
Shife said:

62strat said:

Is this for real?

Is what real? Yes, there has been announcement made that the new album drops on August 30.

Ag 11 said:

I'll believe it when the cd is in my hand

This!

It's been 1/3 of my life since 10,000 days hah.
Flashdiaz
AG
Al Bula
AG
Fear Inoculum

https://instagr.am/p/B0g5SswFfSU
Macarthur
So excited. And the entire catalogue will be on digital Friday.
John Matrix
AG
Macarthur said:

So excited. And the entire catalogue will be on digital Friday.

About damn time.
aggieforester05
AG
As in Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Music, etc? About time if so!
Al Bula
AG
Aggie football and Tool within a day of each other...
Mike Elko
AG
Been known for months: https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/3017900/replies/54215239
Know Your Enemy
AG
The album title is new info.
Mike Elko
AG
Not what OP was referencing, but okie dokie.
Texaggie7nine
Maynard released it to spotify on Joe Rogan yesterday
7nine
Al Bula
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Not what OP was referencing, but okie dokie.
uh oh, thread police are here because the OP didn't use the earlier Tool thread.

Good lord, just be thankful for new music coming soon. This is basically what tctts does when a new movie thread is started by someone other than him.
fooz
Texaggie7nine said:

Maynard released it to spotify on Joe Rogan yesterday
newhowdyag2004
I like Joe Rogan, but come on, talk about the album a little. I know he doesn't want to annoy Maynard with only album talk, but MJK was bringing the album up and all Joe wanted to talk about was his wine and side businesses.

62strat
AG
I'm guessing he assumes maynard isn't going to divulge anything.
Macarthur
newhowdyag2004 said:

I like Joe Rogan, but come on, talk about the album a little. I know he doesn't want to annoy Maynard with only album talk, but MJK was bringing the album up and all Joe wanted to talk about was his wine and side businesses.

Yeah, I like Joe and listen as often as my schedule allows, but that was one of the most disappointing podcasts I've ever listened to given my anticipation and being a huge tool fan.

Texaggie7nine
Rogan likes to talk about whatever the guest wants to. I think he doesn't want to be seen as a promotion vehicle or a mouthpiece for what the fans all want to know about guests. i would imagine he and Maynard discussed how much he felt comfortable with talking about the new album before they went on.
7nine
Macarthur
Texaggie7nine said:

Rogan likes to talk about whatever the guest wants to. I think he doesn't want to be seen as a promotion vehicle or a mouthpiece for what the fans all want to know about guests. i would imagine he and Maynard discussed how much he felt comfortable with talking about the new album before they went on.

I get that, and you may be right. I just find it odd that so little of the album was addressed given the length of time and build up.

"Hey, new album coming out....cool....Look at that f'ing eagle take down that wolf"

Texaggie7nine
From the feeling it get from listening to Maynard, the process was probably a tedious and fragile one that talking about would only lead to more drama.
7nine
Macarthur
Maybe so. One thing I took away from this is that maybe it isn't Maynard that is the hold up on much of this. Unless I misread it, he seemed to allude to others in the band being too sensitive or difficult to work with.
Texaggie7nine
He included himself when talking about egos clashing and always thinking they are right.
7nine
Flashdiaz
AG
i've heard him state that others have trouble finalizing their part and it's hard for him to do vocals for something that then changes.

62strat
AG
Maynard seems like he gets **** done.. I wouldn't think it was him holding it up.

Also, how funny would that have been if he was anything like me in that even after rereading texts before sending, I still discover after I've sent it that it autocorrected, and changed that album title to 'Dear Inoculated' on his twitter/instagram post.

Flashdiaz
AG
I wonder what physical media will be available for this. I always enjoyed their album artwork so I can see them releasing it on Vinyl. Is CD even an option anymore?
62strat
AG
Flashdiaz said:

I wonder what physical media will be available for this. I always enjoyed their album artwork so I can see them releasing it on Vinyl. Is CD even an option anymore?
I have purchased several cds in the last few years..
Macarthur
Flashdiaz said:

I read somewhere (yeah, internet grain of salt) that there are LED lights in the packaging. No idea if that person knows what they are talking about.
Al Bula
AG
I'll probably buy an electronic copy and a hard copy.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Tool Facebook page just posted a link to their full catalog on a bunch of streaming services
digging tunnels
AG
You can officially now stream Tool on digital
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.