The Witcher. New Netflix series coming........

42,126 Views | 323 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by kapon
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thunder18 said:

wangus12 said:

If you pulled that from the reddit page, I made and posted that meme yesterday
jabberwalkie09
AG
rhutton125 said:

When do we get reviews for this MOFO? It's out in less than 48 hours.

Good question, I've only read that the first episode was screened.
Deputy Travis Junior
Some very general commentary is popping up and the consensus seems to be that the action sequences are freaking amazing I found this:

"Oh I will say this. The fight scenes in The Witcher make Game of Thrones fight scenes look like two drunks fighting outside a bar."
Madmarttigan
AG
Considering how much people complained about iron fist fight sequences I'll take that as a win.
bluefire579
AG
I'm psyched.I am interested to see what they change narrative wise from the books. I've always felt like the author was a better worldbuilder than storycrafter.
KidDoc
AG
bluefire579 said:

I'm psyched.I am interested to see what they change narrative wise from the books. I've always felt like the author was a better worldbuilder than storycrafter.
YES! This is exactly how I feel about the books I just couldn't put my finger on it.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wangus12
AG
Tabasco
AG
JRC0811 said:

MGS said:

https://ogn.theonion.com/the-witcher-producers-assure-gamers-netflix-series-wi-1839499728

I just want the side quest where Geralt's drugged and his horse starts talking to him.
That quest was greatness! It is unmarked. You have to stumble upon it. It's been a looong time, but I remember it is in the far north of the map. There is a small cabin and a dock I believe. It was hilarious.
rhutton125
AG
That's like the one quest I missed when I did Blood & Wine. Had to YouTube it.
BenFiasco14
AG
Stoked. Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Quote:

Now Henry Cavill, who plays the titular lead in The Witcher, has revealed he couldn't be parted from the already-iconic costume he wears in the show. "I took it all home, yeah," he told NME in an exclusive interview. "It's not so easy to put on. And it took two hours of hair and make-up every day, so that's just sitting at home looking cool."

So Cavill apparently went home, slept in, and cooked in costume. Full method.

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/henry-cavill-the-witcher-costume-outfit-2589273
rhutton125
AG
I've been pretty hard on Cavill ever since seeing Fallout, because I think he comes across as wooden, but I just realized that I've never heard him act in his natural accent. His American accent (Superman, Man from Uncle, MI: Fallout) is pretty generic. But maybe that will be different in the Witcher...
Scotty Flamingo
Decent first episode.
wangus12
AG
How was the level of blood & gore. Asking since my wife isn't biggest fan of that stuff. GOT or more?
BenFiasco14
AG
wangus12 said:

How was the level of blood & gore. Asking since my wife isn't biggest fan of that stuff. GOT or more?

We also need a tits report
c-jags
BenFiasco14 said:

wangus12 said:

We also need a tits report

I don't love t&a or gore but do love fantasy so I'll watch.

However, there was blatant nudity in the trailer. I'm pretty sure there was an orgy going on in the background.
canadiaggie
AG
Lots of gore and lots of titties.

For example, dude gets his intestines graphically ripped out by a monster. Several sex scenes thus far (just finished episode 3), but only one really gratuitous one.
BenFiasco14
AG
canadiaggie said:

For example, dude gets his intestines graphically ripped out by a monster. Several sex scenes thus far (just finished episode 3), but only one really gratuitous one.
Thunder18
AG
First episode was pretty legit, definitely hyped to get outta work early today and binge the rest
G Martin 87
AG
canadiaggie said:

Interesting. So you mean that the other sex scenes were crucially important for plot reasons?
My Dad Earl
AG
Just finished episode 3. I'm hooked. That monster battle scene was awesome!
Scotty Flamingo
Does Geralt carefully go through his dialouge choices to figure out which one gets him laid?
AgRN16
AG
The Fiend said:

Does Geralt carefully go through his dialouge choices to figure out which one gets him laid?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
The Fiend said:

If I don't get Cloud Sex from this show, I'm going to be pissed.
MaroonStain
AG
What point in the books/games does this Season take place?

Also, I will take one sorcerer garden for my back yard. Whoa....
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think the first episode was the last story for Geralt in the first book, but the second book for Ciri?
MaroonStain
AG
Champ Bailey said:

I think the first episode was the last story for Geralt in the first book, but the second book for Ciri?

Thank you. I've only played Witcher 3 and its DLC.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
MaroonStain said:

Champ Bailey said:

No problem. The first two books were just short stories, so it's a great setup for a tv show as you get to know the character. Then the next books are all one contained story basically.
Thunder18
AG
MaroonStain said:

Champ Bailey said:

The books are definitely worth checking out if you enjoyed W3, they will give you a ton of backstory and insight into Geralt, Ciri and Yen's relationships
redline248
AG
Just watched episode 1. When he went off on that group of thugs, holy hell that was bad ass. There's really nothing I love more than our warriors completely owning the scrubs with ease.

I have to say, as a viewer with no background (no books, never played the games) I am a bit surprised that Renfri is done in one episode. Is that Lilit curse done with? Trying to get spoiler free answers, but I kind of suspect Ciri will have something to do with that.
americathegreat1492
Lawd what a show. It's dark, over the top, intense, gratuitous, violent, that Yennifer chick is naked A TON.
Madmarttigan
AG
End of the first episode just sold me with that fight scene good lord.
wangus12
AG
The storylines are all over the place in terms of when they happen. Just so everyone knows, lots of time skipping
Thunder18
AG
Yea it looks like the two plots each episode are taking place in different timelines and will converge together as the season goes on
Waltonloads08
AG
I've never read the books and don't play vidya, will I understand what's going on?

I need something with tits and guts that I can maybe convince my wife (who loved GOT) to watch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.