*** MOVIE TRAILERS & RELEASE DATES ***

466,402 Views | 3919 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by OCEN99
Ol_Ag_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I mean how many people looked at this and said 'you know I think this is a good idea that will make money'. It really looks like one of the worst things ever put to film.
BassCowboy33
TCTTS said:

I legitimately have no recollection whatsoever of there being a Vacation Friends 1...

Vacation Friends 2
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15351980/
August 25, 2023
Hulu Exclusive

Is there a first one?
AgTrip
There is a first one and I watched it on a boring rainy day and laughed my butt off. I went into it with no expectations and found myself laughing at this. I rolled my eyes at this second one but I'll go into this one with low expectations too and I'm sure it'll be funny.

schmendeler
AG
Exactly.
Gigem314
AG
Fairview said:

Wonder if Adam Levine will play the Bat Mitzvah in the movie like he did in real life for her.
It would be hilarious if this guy makes an appearance.

TCTTS
AG
A Million Miles Away
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21940010/
September 15, 2023
Amazon Prime Video Exclusive

TCTTS
AG
Maestro
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5535276/
November 22, 2023 = Theatrical
December 20, 2023 = Netflix

BassCowboy33
TCTTS said:

A Million Miles Away
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21940010/
September 15, 2023
Amazon Prime Video Exclusive

This looks good!
double aught
AG
Looks like CGI Michael Peña in the poster.
BassCowboy33
double aught said:

Looks like CGI Michael Peña in the poster.

Lol. He hasn't had that jawline in years.
TCTTS
AG
She Came to Me
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6689014/
September 29, 2023
Theatrical Exclusive

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
The Retirement Plan
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14827638/
August 25, 2023
Theatrical Exclusive

TCTTS
AG
I wonder which two A&M defensive studs they'll be playing?

TCTTS
AG
Freelance
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15744298/
October 6, 2023
Theatrical Exclusive

TCTTS
AG
Reptile
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13274016/
October 6, 2023
Netflix Exclusive

Ol_Ag_02
AG
This looks great. I felt like the first part of the trailer was giving off a True Detective vibe.
TCTTS
AG
Full disclosure, Grant, the director, is attached to direct one of our projects, an upcoming limited series we've been working on for a while now. He's a big name in the music video world, this is his directorial feature debut, and we've heard from multiple colleagues now that he knocked it out of the park.
wangus12
AG
TCTTS said:

Average Joe
AG
wangus12 said:

TCTTS said:

Is this a contest to see how many other IPs can be copied in the same show?
TCTTS
AG
Snyder originally pitched the story to Lucasfilm as an R-rated Star Wars spinoff. Basically, Seven Samurai set in the Star Wars universe. When that fell through, though, he refashioned it into an original property, told across two movies.

On one hand, I'll always applaud studios for taking a chance on original sci-fi, and this may very well end up being good, but yeah, right now it really does look like a paint-by-numbers sci-fi space epic. Part Star Wars, part Chronicles of Riddick, part Foundation, part Jupiter Ascending, part first 15 minutes of Man of Steel. It just reeks of Netflix's generic, carbon copy vibe.
The Collective
AG
Netflix could save quite a bit of money by just letting chatGPT write their stuff.
Average Joe
AG
TCTTS said:

Snyder originally pitched the story to Lucasfilm as an R-rated Star Wars spinoff. Basically, Seven Samurai set in the Star Wars universe. When that fell through, though, he refashioned it into an original property, told across two movies.

On one hand, I'll always applaud studios for taking a chance on original sci-fi, and this may very well end up being good, but yeah, right now it really does look like a paint-by-numbers sci-fi space epic. Part Star Wars, part Chronicles of Riddick, part Foundation, part Jupiter Ascending, part first 15 minutes of Man of Steel. It just reeks of Netflix's generic, carbon copy vibe.
There's even a lot of imagery from other shows and movies. The Gladiator fields in the beginning, hippogriffs straight out of Harry Potter (I know HP didn't invent them, but they look like carbon copies), the blatant Nazi uniforms, the Borg queen turned spider, the half dozen Dune references, Eye of Ra/eye of providence/all seeing eye, a little John Carter and 300, and, yeah, some of those city shots look straight out of Star Wars.

I hope it is awesome because I always love a good sci-fi, and original is always welcome in this day and age, but paint by number might be the best description of it based on this trailer.

Edit: That said, Zach Snyder has more than earned some grace and I'll definitely give it an honest shot.
TCTTS
AG
All spot on/great calls...

It also kind of sort of rips ofd my favorite line from V for Vendetta

"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof."

Except here it's…

"The king is a man, and a man can fail. But the myth is indestructible."
Legal Custodian
AG
TCTTS said:

All spot on/great calls...

It also kind of sort of rips ofd my favorite line from V for Vendetta

"Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea... and ideas are bulletproof."

Except here it's…

"The king is a man, and a man can fail. But the myth is indestructible."

Or better yet:

"Heroes are remembered, but Legends never die. Follow your heart, kid."
Malachi Constant
AG
Those were some Kylo Ren style lightsabers
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

It does LOOK pretty epic, but then again getting things to look good has never been Snyder's issue. I'm curious to see what the take is on this as the whole "this is the one who's going to save/reunite/whatever everyone" is pretty played out.

I will give props for the bit of Jane's Addiction in there though, that was kinda cool.
C@LAg
part 2 comes out early next year as both were shot at the same time.
Max Power
AG
TCTTS said:

This is basically how that trailer makes me feel. Using Jupiter Ascending as a point of reference is inherently an insult, but it's appropriate here. For every frame of that trailer that looks interesting, there's another that just looks derivative of something else. To me it looks like Sucker Punch mixed with Star Wars or Dune. Snyder is the king of style over substance, but he's capable of making something fun so I'll give it a whirl. It's got a decent cast and it's obviously well funded by Netflix.

Sometimes I think a big budget is the opposite of what projects like this need. When you have carte blanche it's a lot more difficult to edit yourself and find the best story possible. There are countless stories in Hollywood that overcoming a small budget is what drove the project to become what it was. The sad thing is I actually think Snyder could have a chance at making something interesting if given some real financial restraints, he must be a hell of a salesman to get the kind of budgets he's had for his projects.

I also applaud Netflix on financing what appears to be original sci-fi. To me sci-fi is the most difficult genre to do well in film. It requires a ton of vision to get it right and most times it falls flat. This is also why the good ones become classics. Until someone out there does another good one Denis Villeneuve is the most recent king with Bladerunner 2049 and Dune, and we haven't even gotten part 2 yet.
TCTTS
AG
Flora and Son
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt25471950/
September 22, 2023 = Theatrical
September 29, 2023 = Apple TV+

TCTTS
AG
The Marsh King's Daughter
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8002382/
October 6, 2023
Theatrical Exclusive

LawHall88
AG
Legal Custodian
AG
Richard Ayoade
YNWA_AG
AG
schmendeler
AG
Nooooo
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 112

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.