*** MOVIE TRAILERS & RELEASE DATES ***

479,369 Views | 4003 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Jim01
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cat Person
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14647404/
October 6, 2023
Theatrical Exclusive

TCTTS
AG
Foe
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8258502/
October 6, 2023
Theatrical Exclusive

TCTTS
AG
This now very well might be the worst holiday movie-going season this century in terms of blockbusters. I can't remember a November/December anywhere nearly as bad The Marvels, The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, Wonka, and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. Just so damn depressing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

This is so damn cringe. When your entire marketing campaign revolves around bragging about an R rating and a bunch of terrible CGI blood, you probably have a stinker on your hands.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I know studios don't want to launch without their stars able to support promotions, but that slate is so weak it feels like any one big blockbuster could easily just sweep the holiday season with strong word of mouth and lack of competition.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Well since I have not yet seen 1-3 I guess I won't see this one either.

Looking at the US box office it ain't America keeping those getting made it went 103M -> 85M -> 39M
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. Dune or Mission Impossible or anything else even halfway good could have made bank. Dune was going to have six weeks of IMAX screen all to itself, but now that's gone.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

Cat Person
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14647404/
October 6, 2023
Theatrical Exclusive

seems an odd film choice given some of the allegations that surfaced around him, right?
TCTTS
AG
Exactly what I was thinking.
schmendeler
AG
Lol at the Wilhelm scream in the trailer
TCTTS
AG
With Dune: Part Two moving to 2024, this is now my most anticipated movie for the rest of the year. Hopefully the first trailer isn't too far behind. I'm guessing sometimes this week, seeing as the movie itself has its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival this coming Sunday...

TCTTS
AG
Rustin
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14160834/
November 3, 2023 = Theatrical
November 17, 2023 = Netflix

TCTTS
AG
The Killer
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1136617/
October 27, 2023 = Theatrical
November 10, 2023 = Netflix
Netflix

schmendeler
AG
Good trailer. I know what it's about, but i don't know what it's about.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
schmendeler said:

Good trailer. I know what it's about, but i don't know what it's about.

Not me. I love when trailers give me a synopsis of the entire movie plot in a succinct 120 seconds. Keeps me from actually needing to see the film.
schmendeler
AG
Touche
BassCowboy33
TCTTS said:

With Dune: Part Two moving to 2024, this is now my most anticipated movie for the rest of the year. Hopefully the first trailer isn't too far behind. I'm guessing sometimes this week, seeing as the movie itself has its world premiere at the Venice Film Festival this coming Sunday...

This looks amazing.
TCTTS
AG
The Book of Clarence
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt22866358/
January 12, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

TCTTS
AG

veryfuller
Staff
AG
Put me in the camp of people who hate the "IMAX" release just to get the premium screens/price point.

Scorsese did not use IMAX cameras to film The Killers of the Flower Moon, so this is just going to be a digital conversion and will probably show less on screen than a standard projection or even XD or something, since it's already been edited.

I am all for directors filming character stories in IMAX, and using the format to tell intimate stories on a more epic canvas....but only if they actually use the canvas. Otherwise its just a money grab and there is no reason to pay the extra money to see the movie in that format when traditional aspect ratio is what it was filmed for, IMHO.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Ferrari
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3758542/
Christmas 2023

Directed by Michael Mann and starring Adam Driver and Penelope Cruz. I'm a big fan of this trailer.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Love it. Looks great.

Are we supposed to be upset though that an American of Dutch, Irish, German, Scottish heritage (Driver) and a Spaniard (Cruz) and an American of English descent (Woodley as his mistress) are playing Italians?

Or am I supposed to be upset that an older woman (Cruz 49) plays a woman that was younger than Enzo, but Driver is 10 years younger than Cruz.

I can't keep it straight.

And I'm joking.

The casting of Cruz as his wife is generous at best. Enzo's real wife was not an attractive woman.
double aught
AG
That's a really well made trailer. I can't root for Enzo Ferrari after Ford v Ferrari though.
jackie childs
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Love it. Looks great.

Are we supposed to be upset though that an American of Dutch, Irish, German, Scottish heritage (Driver) and a Spaniard (Cruz) and an American of English descent (Woodley as his mistress) are playing Italians?

Or am I supposed to be upset that an older woman (Cruz 49) plays a woman that was younger than Enzo, but Driver is 10 years younger than Cruz.

I can't keep it straight.

And I'm joking.

The casting of Cruz as his wife is generous at best. Enzo's real wife was not an attractive woman.
i think house of gucci opened the door for ANYBODY to play an italian
CoppellAg93
AG
Hey TCTTS - random question - have you heard anything recently about the Chris Pine Star Trek franchise - is it dead or are they planning another movie ?

Just watched D&D the other day and made me think about ST.
TCTTS
AG
They've tried three times now to make a fourth movie...

- There was an iteration involving (even more) time travel, with Chris Hemsworth somehow returning as Kirk's dad, and they were going to team up, but that one fell apart during negotiations (Pine and Hemsworth reportedly asked for more than Paramount was willing to pay).

- Then there was a version involving a virus of some sort, but was scrapped when the pandemic hit.

- And finally, there was a third attempt, with a story that hasn't been revealed yet (but one producer JJ Abrams says is "as compelling as the first one," that was supposed to hit theaters this coming Christmas, but fell apart when the director bailed to direct Fantastic Four.

Paramount apparently still wants a fourth movie, and Abrams says the search for a director is ongoing, but we probably won't hear anything else again until both strikes are over. Which, at this point, obviously means a 2025 release at the absolute earliest.
TCTTS
AG
veryfuller said:

Put me in the camp of people who hate the "IMAX" release just to get the premium screens/price point.

Scorsese did not use IMAX cameras to film The Killers of the Flower Moon, so this is just going to be a digital conversion and will probably show less on screen than a standard projection or even XD or something, since it's already been edited.

I am all for directors filming character stories in IMAX, and using the format to tell intimate stories on a more epic canvas....but only if they actually use the canvas. Otherwise it's just a money grab and there is no reason to pay the extra money to see the movie in that format when traditional aspect ratio is what it was filmed for, IMHO.

I've never seen someone get angry because a movie is playing on a bigger screen. Would it be nice if Scorsese actually shot Killers of the Flower Moon in IMAX? Sure. But as long as no one is forcing you to see it in IMAX, and it's playing in regular screens as well, who cares? Either way, I don't consider it a "money grab" at all. I will gladly pay extra in order to be able to see this on a big ass screen, in a big ass theater, despite the movie itself not filling up the entire IMAX frame. What a weird thing to "hate." With Dune: Part Two moving, this is an objectively great thing for both the audience and the box office.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I'm not angry. And just because my opinion is different than yours does not make it weird.

I'm just responding to the tweet you posted where the guy is "loving the idea of imax becoming the place for epic dramas from our greatest major directors".

I just get annoyed (if hate is too strong a word) at the "see it in IMAX" marketing push, that really is just a larger screen not a true IMAX product for most of these films, and sometimes you actually lose image because of the digital conversions.

I also could be wrong on this one, but I don't think Scorsese made this for an IMAX screen, so I'm not sure how you view it as anything BUT a cash grab in the wake of the success of Oppenheimer in the format.

I'm not going to picket the theater or anything. And you are of course allowed to go see the movie on whatever size screen is available to you and you want to see it on for however much you want to pay. And I will keep my dislike of the marketing over here out of your way.

TCTTS
AG
veryfuller said:

I'm not angry. And just because my opinion is different than yours does not make it weird.

I'm just responding to the tweet you posted where the guy is "loving the idea of imax becoming the place for epic dramas from our greatest major directors".

I just get annoyed (if hate is too strong a word) at the "see it in IMAX" marketing push, that really is just a larger screen not a true IMAX product for most of these films, and sometimes you actually lose image because of the digital conversions.

I also could be wrong on this one, but I don't think Scorsese made this for an IMAX screen, so I'm not sure how you view it as anything BUT a cash grab in the wake of the success of Oppenheimer in the format.

I'm not going to picket the theater or anything. And you are of course allowed to go see the movie on whatever size screen is available to you and you want to see it on for however much you want to pay. And I will keep my dislike of the marketing over here out of your way.

They've been doing this for 20+ years. Paying for an IMAX ticket has never meant that you're paying for a movie shot with IMAX cameras. That's never been the agreement, because you're also paying for the bigger screen, the bigger theater, the better sound system, etc. You're paying for the all-around premium experience. If it happens to be shot using IMAX cameras, that's basically like a bonus, but by no means the expectation.

The first movie/non-IMAX documentary I saw in IMAX was The Matrix Reloaded, way back in 2003. And despite the fact that it wasn't filmed with IMAX cameras, and was presented in its standard, 2.35:1 ratio format, it was still an incredible experience, seeing it in such a huge theater, on such a huge screen. I can think of countless similar movies I've seen in IMAX since - Watchmen, the first Abrams' Star Trek movie, the early Marvel movies, some of Disney Star Wars movies, etc - and every single time I gladly paid more for the experience, knowing full well going in they weren't shot with IMAX cameras. This isn't some new, nefarious business plan.
TCTTS
AG
Dune: Part Two may have moved to 2024, and the blockbuster slate for the rest of the year might be relatively bleak, but at least the final three months of the year brings us this, which is sill pretty damn impressive and reason enough to celebrate...

TCTTS
AG
Saltburn
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17351924/
November 24, 2023
Theatrical Exclusive

Brian Earl Spilner
Average Joe
AG
I won't watch like 50-70% of the movies that are posted in here, but I REALLY love watching trailers. I don't know why, but I could watch trailers for hours.

Am I just weird, or anyone else the same?
veryfuller
Staff
AG
It is novel for an R-rated adult drama. I don't think it's a stretch at all to see that as a cash grab.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Don't see how it's a cash grab since there's always regular theaters available.

Nobody's forcing you to pay an upcharge. I get how some folks would prefer to only reserve that for an Avatar or other movies made for IMAX, but I see basically every major blockbuster in IMAX because it's a way bigger screen with louder sound.

Granted, I have A-List so I'm not paying any upcharge.
First Page Last Page
Page 88 of 115

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.