Disney Movie Thread

25,037 Views | 374 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Duncan Idaho
Olsen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is the sequel to the first Maleficent movie.
TCTTS
AG
Why would they remake the same movie with the same actors? It's a sequel to the first live-action version.
Tanya 93
We introduced Benny to the 1975 classic. Escape to Witch Mountain.

The graphics made him laugh.

They should revamp that
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did they move up Maleficent to Jungle Cruise's old release date?
Quad Dog
Quad Dog
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/disney-takes-control-hulu-own-142634646.html
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C@LAg
That looks much better than the prior teasers.

Watching that, I realized what has been bothering me about this movie.

The problem is that it is called Toy Story 4, which implies that it is a continuation of the story from the prior trilogy.

But it is not that. It is a "new" movie and.or series.

I honestly think I would have taken to it better if it was called "Toy Story - Bonnie Road Trip" or something else to separate it both titularly (is that a word) and thematically from the prior movies.

Still not on my MUST see list, but I will see it eventually.
BMX Bandit
calling my shot!

Avatar 5 doesnt come out in 2027.
BMX Bandit
even in a place where posters are bothered by odd things, thats a very bizarre thing to be bothered about
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/marc-webb-disney-snow-white-remake-1203229326/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I assume they are ignoring Snow White and the Huntsman.

Edit: Wait, that wasn't a Disney movie? Huh.

Edit 2: Ok, so I was sure Mirror Mirror had to be a Disney one, then. That one wasn't either. Bizarre.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://deadline.com/2019/05/toy-story-4-opening-weekend-box-office-projection-fandango-atom-presale-records-1202624173/
Olsen
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Are you Good Aggie Hunting, aka the guy who spoiled GoT?
Olsen
AG
Why yes, I changed my username this past weekend. And no, I did not change it because of harassment.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I'm out on Disney until they give me a reboot of this:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So cool.

C@LAg
D23 Expo

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1073723-d23-announces-lineup-for-this-years-presentations

D23: The Official Disney Fan Club has announced the lineup of the most highly anticipated presentations at D23 Expo 2019, August 2325. The Disney Legends Awards Ceremony, hosted by Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger, will kick off the Expo on Friday morning, August 23. Later that same day, Disney+ will showcase its exciting slate of original films and series coming to the streaming service, set to launch in the U.S. on November 12. On Saturday morning, The Walt Disney Studios will give fans a sneak peek at their collection of world-class film labels, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, and Lucasfilm. And on Sunday morning, fans will get a preview of what's in store at Disney Parks during a presentation hosted by Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Bob Chapek.

The Disney Legends Awards Ceremony will take place at 10:30 a.m. Friday, August 23. The ceremony, hosted by Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger, will once again honor those visionaries and artists who have made significant contributions to the Disney legacy. This year's recipients are: Wing Chao, Robert Downey Jr., Jon Favreau, James Earl Jones, Bette Midler, Kenny Ortega, Barnette Ricci, Robin Roberts, Diane Sawyer, Ming-Na Wen, and Hans Zimmer.

On Friday afternoon at 3:30 p.m., the highly anticipated streaming service Disney+ will give guests a first look at some of its original content including Lady and the Tramp, The Mandalorian, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, and many more during this star-studded presentation.

The Walt Disney Studios will present a behind-the-scenes look at its blockbuster collection of upcoming films on Saturday, August 24, at 10 a.m. Fans will see what's on the drawing board for the acclaimed filmmakers at Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios and get a peek at the exciting slate of live-action projects, from Disney to Marvel Studios to Star Wars. As always, attendees will be treated to exclusive footage, special guest appearances, and more!

On Sunday, August 25, at 10:30 a.m., step into the magical world of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products with Chairman Bob Chapek to find out what's new and what's next for resorts around the globe, including more about the transformational plans for Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

C@LAg
So, Toy Story 4 opens in theaters around the world this summer. And as you've seen here, Forky was just made by Bonnie minutes ago, so naturally he has a lot of questions about the way the world works questions that he'll explore in a series that we call Forky Asks A Question, exclusive for Disney+ and premiering on the day the service launches. This is a series of 10 shorts that will premiere on day one. And it's here that Forky asks his friends in Bonnie's room to help him answer life's most imponderable questions, such as, "What is love?" or "What is time?" And of course the most difficult question of all, "What is cheese?" Now, I'm sure many of you have wondered these same things, so tune in to Disney+ to find the answers.
Olsen
AG
Chris Stapleton is on the Toy Story 4 soundtrack.

Olsen
AG

C@LAg
I do like the forest poster, but that trailer, lie kt he teaser from a few months ago, does absolutely nothing for me. Yes, I not the target audience of this movie, and there is still 6 months to go and the FINAL story trailer will drop, but none of this marketing so far has made this "must see".
My Dad Earl
AG
C@LAg said:

I do like the forest poster, but that trailer, lie kt he teaser from a few months ago, does absolutely nothing for me. Yes, I not the target audience of this movie, and there is still 6 months to go and the FINAL story trailer will drop, but none of this marketing so far has made this "must see".
My 4-year old daughter begs to differ. She's watched the trailer 5 times today already and is bouncing off the walls with excitement.
bearamedic99
AG
Frozen II: Ice Age
Quad Dog
AG
In their defense the first trailer for Frozen was weird too and made it look like a completely different movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Toy Story 4 early reactions are hugely positive.

https://people.com/movies/toy-story-4-gets-rave-first-reviews/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Olsen
AG
Rotten Tomatoes gives Toy Story 4 a 100% Tomatometer out of 69 critic reviews so far!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wait for Armond White.
Olsen
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Wait for Armond White.

PatAg
AG
Olsen said:

Rotten Tomatoes gives Toy Story 4 a 100% Tomatometer out of 69 critic reviews so far!

Nice..

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.
Only 2 days left to sign up for the Early Signing Day Special!
The 2019 regular season has wrapped and we’ve officially entered the early signing period stretch as the Ags hope to sign most of their elite 2020 recruiting class. In other words, it's a great time to try out TexAgs Premium! Sign up today and you can give TexAgs Premium a try until December 21st for only $1. The last chance to take advantage of this offer is Saturday, December 7th.