What was your favorite toy growing up?

9,109 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
GinaLinetti
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

All things She Ra
UnderoosAg
AG
Stupe said:

Legos were a given.

I had that exact set. One of the best things about the Lego Movie was the cracked helmet on the space guy.

I almost stood up and cheered when I noticed the cracked helmet.
Space guys and motorcycle men - every last helmet ate it at some point.
Stupe
S
Yep.
Fleen
Rex Racer said:

And lest we forget (or maybe it's too obvious for this thread).

My brother got me one of those for Christmas last year...
Stupe
S
If you make it to the right side of the screen, stay there until the defenders catch up.
heddleston
AG

+

+

gigemags-99
AG
heddleston said:

+

FIFY
Pahdz
I circled that damned carrier every fall in the JC Penney catalog and never got it.

Favorite toys - Micro Machines, Destro (hadn't seen him listed as favorite GI Joe) and this off road track deal I can't remember for the life of me what it was called.

Edit - Stomper trucks, loved those things. Also, anyone else have Record Breakers cars?
Dr.Rumack
J. J. Armes and the Six Million Dollar Man
heddleston
AG
Of course! How else could I light the black cats after my matches ran out?
Teddy Perkins
AG
Wore this guy out jumping over ramps, going through ditches, and screaming down sidewalks. Pretty tough SOB.

Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rex Racer
AG
MSFC Aggie said:

And this....

Still have mine, and it works.
AustinAg2K
heddleston said:

One New Year's my neighbor's dad gave him $40 for fireworks. We rode our bikes down to the fireworks stand and he spent all $40 on black cats. Then we he got home he put them all in a pile and lit them all at once. In about 30 seconds they were all done. His dad was so pissed when he got home, but for whatever reason my neighbor was fascinated by black cats and felt it was money well spent.
Thunder18
AG
I had all the Jurassic Park toys/sets
Micro Machines
Hot Wheels
TMNT
Ghostbusters stuff
Mighty Max

Good thread, enjoying the nostalgia
AtlAg05
AG
I can't remember what it was called but you had two sets of ships battleships/cruisers/aircraft carriers and they all had slots near there base where you would try to shoot a small disc from a submarine. If you got it in it would trigger a rubber band that would shoot a piece of the ship into the air.

Only problem was it would have worked better on hardwood floors, we just had a tile area near the front door and it wasn't completely flat.
EMY92
AG
1974-1977:

Late 70s, it turned to Star Wars & Lego space sets:

I also had the Falcon, but the landing gear sucked, so it wasn't my favorite.

JABQ04
AG
AtlAg05 said:

I can't remember what it was called but you had two sets of ships battleships/cruisers/aircraft carriers and they all had slots near there base where you would try to shoot a small disc from a submarine. If you got it in it would trigger a rubber band that would shoot a piece of the ship into the air.

Only problem was it would have worked better on hardwood floors, we just had a tile area near the front door and it wasn't completely flat.

Totally still have this at my parents house. It also came with its own board. No need to shoot it across carpet.
AggieLitigator
He-Man sword
FTA03
AG
Full auto mini uzi cap gun...set off the smoke alarm multiple times, totally worth it
unmade bed

Ringo88
AG
I still have that same Navarone set in my garage; older box design, though. I was stunned to find out Navarone was a fictional location.

I'd also add Evel Knievel, Big Jim and Johnny West from the early 70's.
bearamedic99
AG
anybody in the late 80s have a water gun from Entertech? maybe not my favorite but cool toys.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.