What was your favorite toy growing up?

9,098 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bearamedic99
Mookie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Capsela was awesome! Hadn't thought about it till I saw the earlier post.

Castle grayskull was my favorite.
Gigem314
AG

Had the whole set.
htxag09
AG
Lincoln logs and hot wheels. Then when i was slightly older my BB gun. I was always shooting that thing in the backyard. I even cut a hole in my screen outside my window, would set up army men outside, and shoot them when I "went to bed."
The Collective
AG
Old Tom Morris
Star Wars action figures, then GI Joe Action figures where the additional limb and joint movement took action figures to another level.
91_Aggie
AG
If it cant be my intellivison, then it would have been the demoltion cars set. It came with two of those cars that you set into motion by inserting what was essentially a red tie wrap into the gears of a.heavy metal wheel that propelled the car when you pulled that red plastic thing out like you were starting a lawn mower

It came with two plastic ramps

Your brother would get on one end of the hallway and you on the other end with ramps setup in the middle.

Then youd both pull that plastic thing as hard as you could (no) and set the cars down heading for the ramps. The cars would collide in mid air hitting a small lever on the front bumper of each car which cause the hood, doors, wheels and trunk to explode off each car.

You would yell at massive collison, pop the pieces back on and do it again.

i think this was it... probably around the right time frame.

http://www.toysyouhad.com/Smash.htm

REMtx
I was really into the Ghostbusters movies and the cartoons that followed. So most of my action figures and toys were from these. Had a few Ninja Turtles and Transformers as well. Honorable mention to the plastic replica Sword of Omens from Thundercats, a 2-3ft remote controlled Voltron, and a handful of Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars.
JABQ04
AG
Always been a history buff even as a kid, so plastic army men. But I never mixed the types. WWII style army men fought each other, cowboys fought Indians, Civil War, Alamo etc.... used to spend hours with my brother building forts or designing battlefields. Parents loved it because Christmas or Birthdays a few buckets of army men and we were good.

Also loved Transformers and had a bunch of those. Back when they were made out of metal. And good old bike riding and building ramps and trails in the woods behind my house.
txislandag86

gravy97
AG

Live look at my favorite toys
Teddy Perkins
AG

GI Joe Tiger Rat with Jinx at the helm.

Nerf Turbo Screamer

And my Super Soaker 100
MooreTrucker
AG
My GI Joe looked like this:

There were no Snake Eyes or anything like that.

And I had a footlocker to keep all his different uniforms, weapons, etc.

Also, I had a Batman utility belt, which was awesome!

I also loved Hot Wheels.

Diggity
AG
Fleen
http://plaidstallions.com/tenfpap.html

#7 and #10

The parachute was the first thing I saved up my allowance to buy and it was a glorious day when I bought it. That thing lasted for years!
Furlock Bones
AG
CJS4715 said:

SOB, i just came to post this. best toy ever.
jokershady
AG
I enjoyed a lot of these growing up so I figured I'd post a more obscure one that I played with all the time...

Stupe
S
Guns of Navarone set. I ordered a bunch of those army men sets out of the back of comic books and must have had 500 of them. I even ordered the ones with Japanese soldiers so I could turn that thing into Iwo Jima.

We used rubber bands, dart guns, bb guns, etc... to knock them over.

It was a blast being a kid in the 70's.

hunter2012
AG
redd38 said:

Legos

Best toy I ever had was the Lego Gundam I made from scrap. I made a detachable gatling cannon for one arm, and a built in shield for the other arm. Of course it had a shield when the fight was in the late rounds. I even set it up where the cockpit could eject from the body.
javajaws
AG
LEGOs and it's not even close. Space LEGOs and then Technic to be more precise...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
AgGrad99
AG
I hated legos as a kid. Back in the day it was just a box of legos without instructions. I wasnt creative or patient enough to come up with anything cool to build.

When my kids got into legos, I enjoyed building stuff with them. Mainly because they had instructions

Aside from my bike (a sweet mongoose), this was my favorite toy:

boy09
AG
aTmAg said:

Legos and Capsela. For those who don't know what Capsela was:

I had completely forgotten what it was called, but i had that exact set. It was awesome.
Stupe
S
Legos were a given.

I had that exact set. One of the best things about the Lego Movie was the cracked helmet on the space guy.
Bruce Almighty
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I hated legos as a kid. Back in the day it was just a box of legos without instructions. I wasnt creative or patient enough to come up with anything cool to build.

When my kids got into legos, I enjoyed building stuff with them. Mainly because they had instructions

Aside from my bike (a sweet mongoose), this was my favorite toy:

My favorite transformer
aTmAg
AG
boy09 said:

aTmAg said:

Legos and Capsela. For those who don't know what Capsela was:

I had completely forgotten what it was called, but i had that exact set. It was awesome.
Agreed. It taught me all about gear ratios.
Complete Idiot

AgGrad99
AG
Ah man...I wanted a Green Machine!!

I got a big wheel, but the green machine was so awesome with two handles. I would have done so many donuts!!!!!!
NC2001
AG
GI Joe Aircraft Carrier with my two F-14 jets. Got it as a Christmas present from my parents. Boy do I wish I still had that toy...
Roll the Bones
AG
The StarBird!

AgGrad99
AG
I always liked these guys too:

AustinAg2K
Legos

Transformers -- Specifically when they were made from metal. Optimus Prime was my favorite of the ones I owned.

TMNT -- I had all the action figures, and I made a sewer system by connecting shoe boxes together. It was pretty awesome.

GI Joe -- I don't remember the names, but I had a big ass hovercraft, the cobra plane that was an A-10 Warthog, and the plane where the wings could fold back.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Check out Yo Joe for a full database of the figures and vehicles with images and useful search engine.
AgfromHOU
AG
Legos

I had a Millenium Falcon that housed my Star Wars action figures

Had a pretty sweet Batman and Iron Man action figure

LEGO Bohroks
wangus12
AG
Legos
Prophet00
AG

FIDO95
AG
I thought I had been bad because Santa never brought me a Green Machine!!?

...I thought I was over it until I saw that picture and now I'm triggered. Except this time, I know where "Santa" lives!!

Love the hype on the box, "for GUYS...". Won't see that on a toy box these days.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.