*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

755,270 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
AMW2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tk for tu juan
vwbug said:

Is the pilot in the opening shot Kylo or Kerri Russell's character?
Good point, it does have a slightly different design at the front of the cockpit

Kylo's

https://www.starwars.com/databank/tie-silencer

Trailer

AquaCasaAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Oh, and this will outgross Endgame.

Casual fan here but if initial viewer reactions have even a whiff of "meh" it won't come close to Endgame as people like me wont see it in theaters. I 'need' to see Endgame to know how it ends bc Infinity War has me bought in.

I came into TLJ feeling like there was a rebel force in shambles without a clear plan to defeat the First Order. I left feeling no growth in the story. I need to hear positive viewer feedback before I'll buy a ticket.

They will both be monsters but I trust the Marvel team more to overcome trolls. Either way Uncle Mickey wins.
tk for tu juan
Good to see that Teen Wolf found a good paying job after high school, always a need for welders

AgMarauder04
AG
Anyone else secretly hoping that "The Rise of Skywalker" is because Lando banged Leia and secretly had a kid?

And JJ brings back Donald Glover as force sensitive Lando Jr?
bobinator
AG
I'm to the galaxy brain stage where I'm not even sure Luke is talking to Rey, haha.

I think it has to be Kylo in that scene because pretty much anyone else would be shooting at her.
Matt_ag98
Loved the trailer and I am excited to see what JJ was able to do to fix Rian's mess (even though I know some people like how bold and edgy number VIII was)
MD1993
AG
The title Rise of Skywalker, could this mean that the rise of Kylo power in the empire? Kylo is the only verified person left that is in the Skywalker bloodline.
redline248
AG
He kind of already rose in TLJ, though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SIAP. This is awesome news to me.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04/12/how-george-lucas-helped-finish-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

SIAP. This is awesome news to me.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/04/12/how-george-lucas-helped-finish-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker
It was probably to tell them Anakin wasn't created by the Sith
Ag Since 83
AG
Awesome, I have my scapegoat if I end up hating the movie

Only sort of kidding
texasaggie04
AG
As somebody who is probably jumping into this thread 30 pages too late, could somebody give me the short version of why Anakin matters in all of this?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
texasaggie04 said:

As somebody who is probably jumping into this thread 30 pages too late, could somebody give me the short version of why Anakin matters in all of this?

short version - he's a Skywalker. And the title alludes to a Skywalker.
redline248
AG
texasaggie04 said:

If he does end up mattering, only JJ/Disney can truly answer that.
AliasMan02
AG
I think the ship in the trailer is one of the new class A Wings.
AgMarauder04
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Immediately came to mind
bobinator
AG
Ha, my reaction to that this morning was if Lucas is involved I feel even better about that theory
jabberwalkie09
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Agreed. It has that cockpit canopy bump that the A-Wings have had since Rebels.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
My one qualm with the trailer was the turning font. It seemed very PowerPoint.

Other than that, based off that trailer I'm ready to forgive and forget, and come into this with reasonably good expectations.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
My wife is confident it's the KOR, descriptions of them from books match the guy shown...
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
TCTTS said:

Good question. I think everyone (including myself) just assumes that's Kylo, but the fact that we don't see for sure is definitely interesting.

I don't believe it is. I think they want us to think so but Kylo's Tai Silencer has always been solid black...this one is black and red
The Collective
AG
I feel like these theories and wishes will end up biting us in the ass as is usual.
The Collective
AG
Grace (Beyond the Trailer) is guessing that Keri Russell's character is piloting the ship chasing Rey.
AgMarauder04
AG
cpsencik04 said:

TCTTS said:

Good question. I think everyone (including myself) just assumes that's Kylo, but the fact that we don't see for sure is definitely interesting.

I don't believe it is. I think they want us to think so but Kylo's Tai Silencer has always been solid black...this one is black and red

Have we gotten confirmation this isn't a promotional shot and actually in the movie?
TCTTS
AG
Marvel does that, but I can't think of Star Wars ever doing that for a trailer. A shot from a deleted scene might make into a trailer, but never something just for a trailer, as far as I can remember.
AgMarauder04
AG
Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was Disney in general or just Marvel.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

cpsencik04 said:

TCTTS said:

Have we gotten confirmation this isn't a promotional shot and actually in the movie?

As much time as was given to that scene in the teaser I'd hate to think it was a promo shoot and not in the movie. That was atleast 15-20 seconds of a 2 min teaser
goinjukin
Are you forgetting the Rogue One trailer? Or were you just referring to the main saga movies?
TCTTS
AG
I was thinking of the deleted shots that made it into the Rogue One teaser, but yeah, I forgot about that TIE Fighter shot that was added just for the trailer.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

I was thinking of the deleted shots that made it into the Rogue One teaser, but yeah, I forgot about that TIE Fighter shot that was added just for the trailer.

But the above poster makes a point. This wasn't a quick shot. It was a significant part of the trailer.
TCTTS
AG
Still, as said above, there's no way that entire sequence is just for the trailer.
redline248
AG
bobinator said:

Ha, my reaction to that this morning was if Lucas is involved I feel even better about that theory
I actually think you're right, on that count
First Page Last Page
Page 55 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.