*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

747,518 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Dekker_Lentz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

All of that already happened right? Like he had that redemption arc completed, and had a chance to become a "good guy" in the Last Jedi and chose not to.

While we're spitballing ideas, and maybe I missed this, but any title predictions?

Is every movie subtitled named after a character or faction?

Let's see if:

Phantom Meance = Darth Maul or Trade Federation?
Attack of the Clones = Clones/New Republic Army
Revenge of the Sith = Sideous/Anakin
Rogue One = The Main Cast
Solo = Sole
A New Hope = Luke?
The Empire Strikes Back = Vader/Empire
Return of the Jedi = Luke
The Force Awakens = Rey
The Last Jedi = Luke

But another way to look at it is the 1-3 movie refer to the "hero" and the middle their nemesis.

Phantom Meance = Anakin. The Jedi feel he could be the Meance, which sets him on the path.
The Attack of the Clones = The Republic/Jedi Order which is the actual enemy to Anakin because they forbid his love to Padme
Revenge of the Sith = Anakin's resolution

New Hope= Luke
Empire= Empire
Return of the Jedi = Luke chooses to be a Jedi

Force Awakens = Rey
The Last Jedi = Kylo, he was Luke's last student, the "Last Jedi" and is the enemy to Rey
So now we are up to what Rey is going to do.

So I think we are looking at Rise or Restoration as our "r" word and that it will refer to Rey

So maybe, Rise of the Whills? (Too fanboy)

I see a lot of speculation about the words New Order being in there, but that seems to polarizing

But Rise of the New Order or Rise of the New Jedi Order?
Restoration of the Force?

I dunno. I just The "r" verb with something to do with the force that refers to Rey.

bobinator
AG
Render said:

I realize Vader was, but Kylo has done more evil things on-screen, so it'd be tonally weird for Kylo to become good.
You know, this is kind of an interesting thing because really the only reason Kylo can't be completely redeemed is because he killed a known criminal Han Solo right? We just happen to like that criminal.

Meanwhile Anakin Skywalker light sabered down the entire Jedi youth academy and allowed a Sith to gain control of the whole galaxy killing untold billions and it's like 'eh, he threw the emperor down a pit, he's cool now.'

But I do agree that there's no way a Kylo Ren redemption arc ends with him alive.

bobinator
AG

Not to be combative, but a lot of this seems off base. Like I've always thought "the Phantom Menace" is clearly Palpatine. He's the one controlling the chessboard, but nobody knows it's him. Also "The Last Jedi" is obviously Luke, though ultimately he isn't the last Jedi.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Phantom Meance = Darth Maul or Trade Federation?
Palpatine

Edit: Sorry, didn't see bob's post.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

I realize Vader was, but Kylo has done more evil things on-screen
Vader killed children.

Edit: You did say on-screen, so nevermind.
jackie childs
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

I realize Vader was, but Kylo has done more evil things on-screen
Vader killed children.

Edit: You did say on-screen, so nevermind.
twice right? younglings and tusken raiders
jackie childs
you know what, f it...i actually do hope force ghost luke tells rey that she's leia's daughter
Dekker_Lentz
AG
bobinator said:

Not to be combative, but a lot of this seems off base. Like I've always thought "the Phantom Menace" is clearly Palpatine. He's the one controlling the chessboard, but nobody knows it's him. Also "The Last Jedi" is obviously Luke, though ultimately he isn't the last Jedi.

Not combative at all. I can see the argument, but doesn't that make Palpatine the Actual Menace? I agree he is the Menace. But I am not sure he is the phantom Meance, which I took to mean the false threat hiding the real threat.
bobinator
AG
jackie childs said:

you know what, f it...i actually do hope force ghost luke tells rey that she's leia's daughter
I hope it's an incredibly obscure backstory, like when your grandmother is trying to tell you that someone in your hometown that you've never heard of before died.

*Luke's ghost appears*
"Kylo was lying to you about your parents. I know your parents. So... bear with me here, remember when I told you about that time Han and I were on Hoth? Well, one of the mechanics there, his name is Tommy, your father isn't Tommy, but Tommy's brother's wife had a cousin on..."
bobinator
AG
He is the Phantom Menace in that movie since nobody knows he's actually a Sith.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
bobinator said:

He is the Phantom Menace in that movie since nobody knows he's actually a Sith.

Phantom definition.

1 a : something apparent to sense but with no substantial existence : apparition
b : something elusive or visionary
c : an object of continual dread or abhorrence the phantom of disease and want
2 : something existing in appearance only
3 : a representation of something abstract, ideal, or incorporeal

So, I think you are arguing phantom under meaning one. I am arguing that the word phantom is under meaning two. I agree your interpretation is more probable, but that from a certain point of view it could be another way.
Render
AG
Yeah I totally agree, it's a weird thing. But that's how the human mind processes stories, I guess. It's the classic "show, don't tell" variable at work. We didn't actually see Vader do the majority of his bad things, meanwhile we see Kylo viscerally kill a beloved character. It's an interesting thing when you think about it.
Dro07
AG
Episode IX: What you talkin bout Whills?
israeliag
AG

Quote:

But Rise of the New Order or Rise of the New Jedi Order?

Restoration of the Force?

Episode IX: Restoration of Balance
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Maybe episodes 7-9 are more like 1-3 in that this isn't a redemption story but a fall story, the complete fall of Kylo. And then we will have 10 years to wait for another trilogy, of redemption? Would people lose their minds if this ends on a sad note, with Kylo killing everyone and ruling the galaxy? Maybe some of our main characters hiding away to fight another day?
bobinator
AG
Yeah, because this is supposed to be "the end of the Skywalker saga" and Kylo Ren is a Skywalker. I'm not certain of anything about this movie, but I don't see any way it definitively ends the sage if Kylo Ren is still alive at the end.

(edit, took out satisfyingly because there are things that are plausible that may not necessarily be satisfying)
PatAg
AG
bobinator said:

Except he's their leader. Would be like Hitler turning on the SS.

It's been done in Cinema very recently. The karate kid tv show.
PatAg
AG
Redemption of the Force
Redeemer of the Jedi
Revelation of something
jokershady
AG
Star Wars IX: People 'Gon Die!
AliasMan02
AG
Balance of the Force
Legacy of the Force
Heir to the Force
Galactic Fate
Fate of the Force
Fate of the Jedi
PatAg
AG
TLJ should have been F8 of the Force ala fast and furious. Missed opportunity
TCTTS
AG
I doubt Abrams uses "Force" again, and definitely not "Jedi" right after TLJ. I'm really hoping there's no "Rise" either, as mentioned earlier. I kind of like the ring of "Balance" used somehow, but it might be too passive. "Fate" doesn't quite feel right, nor does something like "Destiny." This is a tough one.
TCTTS
AG
I think I've got the answer, though...

STAR WARS: FINN!

... a play on the French "fin" used at the end of silent movies. This is the end of the saga, and they can really bulk up Finn's role. Two birds with one stone.
TCTTS
AG
Seriously, though, I still love...

STAR WARS: THE KNIGHTS OF REN

... but who knows how relevant they'll be, if at all, and it's probably too specific for a saga-ending title.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

Seriously, though, I still love...

STAR WARS: THE KNIGHTS OF REN

... but who knows how relevant they'll be, if at all, and it's probably too specific for a saga-ending title.

That's why I think it kinda has to default back to something that loops in the whole saga, and it's tough to think about how to do that without explicitly mentioning one of the big keywords.

I'm sure it will be a multiple word title. It won't defy that trend on the last film. So something like Endgame wouldn't work.
AliasMan02
AG
Oh, ***** I've got a good one to wrap up the saga. It hasn't been used in any other medium (I don't think) and works with the word pattern traditionally used.

STAR WARS: DUEL OF THE FATES

Put a new scoring of the song over Kylo and Rey's final confrontation (mixed with their themes), simultaneous with the climactic space/land battle, and that would be a chilling moment.
TCTTS
AG
This is GENIUS. Seriously, I love it.
AliasMan02
AG
I'm totally wasted on structural engineering.
Ulrich
I really like The Knights of Ren but it feels more like a middle installment.

EDIT: oh look at me I'm alias and I have good ideas. I'll make a serious guess later.

Stay with me here, Star Wars: Red Rose Rising. The tagline is "every Rose has its thorns".
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dro07
AG
Star Wars episode IX : Paradox

With time travel now possible Kylo goes back in time to meet his grandfather anakin. Something goes wrong and he is on a desert planet with no recollection of where or who he is. He meets and falls in love with a young slave girl where he ends up kidnapping her and getting her pregnant. He later he gets killed by a bounty hunter retrieving the slave girl and soon after said slave girl has a son and names her after the name she kept hearing Kylo say in his sleep Anakin

Cue Vader Nooooo gif

Alright back to drinking!

Render
AG
Star Wars: The Saga's End
bobinator
AG
Damn... That's so good I'm going to be disappointed with anything else.

I was trying to think of something that included the last of the Knights as in the end of the Knights of Ren and the Jedi Knights.

Like "Star Wars: The Final Knights" but everything I could think of was too close to TLJ.

Duel of the Fates would be epic though.
Malachi Constant
AG
STAR WARS: THE PAST REMAINS
amercer
AG
Star Wars: The Jedi Returns

JJ would eat that **** up.
First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.