*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

747,830 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Blanco Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Star Wars: Revenge of the Phantom Jedi
Gigem314
AG
Star Wars: I Hate Sand
Render
AG
Dekker_Lentz said:

bobinator said:

He is the Phantom Menace in that movie since nobody knows he's actually a Sith.

Phantom definition.

1 a : something apparent to sense but with no substantial existence : apparition
b : something elusive or visionary
c : an object of continual dread or abhorrence the phantom of disease and want
2 : something existing in appearance only
3 : a representation of something abstract, ideal, or incorporeal

So, I think you are arguing phantom under meaning one. I am arguing that the word phantom is under meaning two. I agree your interpretation is more probable, but that from a certain point of view it could be another way.
Laser Wolf
Star Wars: The Death of a Franchise
The Collective
AG
Star Wars: Meesa Jedi
twilly
AG
STAR WARS: Twilight of the Force
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Star Wars, Episode IX - Return of the Jar-Jar
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thrawn?
TCTTS
AG
I linked to an article earlier that seems to hint at that. Either way, there's no way he's not not playing a villain. It's like he was engineered in a lab to play an Empire/First Order officer...
Dro07
AG
His voice actually would be great for thrawn. I do hope he is used as a bridge between the empire and first order only problem with it being thrawn is that we have yet to know how he survives his encounter with Ezra but that could get hashed out later I'm sure.
jabberwalkie09
AG
dromo07 said:

His voice actually would be great for thrawn. I do hope he is used as a bridge between the empire and first order only problem with it being thrawn is that we have yet to know how he survives his encounter with Ezra but that could get hashed out later I'm sure.

It would also be the first character that would successfully jump from small screen to big screen in the new canon.
TCTTS
AG
Also, just FYI, Grant was the villain Dr. Rice in Logan for those trying to place him. He's been in a hundred other things as well.
TCTTS
AG
Is Thrawn an original Rebels character? Or was he in books as well? Isn't there a Thrawn trilogy or somethig? As someone who knows literally nothing about him, what's the short/easy description of his character?
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

Is Thrawn an original Rebels character? Or was he in books as well? Isn't there a Thrawn trilogy or somethig? As someone who knows literally nothing about him, what's the short/easy description of his character?

From the books, turned into legend, then turned back into Canon by Rebels...and he was incredible.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was trying to place him and realized he was the actor in the play in GoT.
Dro07
AG
He is a dry tactician that shows no emotion. He engulfs himself with the enemies culture to better understand how they fight to better defeat them. He was a high up in the empire that was away during the original trilogy. Rebels made sense of why he wasn't in the OT but we know he is out there. Many have thought that he and Ezra were thrown into the unknown region and may have encountered snoke while he was out there. Possibly the reason the first order knew so much about the empire and took it over when they went down. It could be a cool way to close the "loophole" on why the first order became so much like the empire. I doubt he would be a huge presence in the movie but would be pretty cool nonetheless
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
The Thrawn Trilogy is basically what any person who read it assumed was Episode 7-9.
Dro07
AG
The thrawn trilogy is legends and not cannon correct?
TCTTS
AG
Awesome. Thanks for the breakdown.
Azariah
AG
dromo07 said:

The thrawn trilogy is legends and not cannon correct?
The original Thrawn trilogy is Legends. There are two new Thrawn books that are canon.
Dro07
AG
Awesome I will have to check them out!
mazag08
AG
Brennus said:

The Thrawn Trilogy is basically what any person who read it assumed was Episode 7-9.

This.

Extremely good books. I urge any Star Wars fan who hasn't read them to do so. Then laugh at the Last Jedi for failing so bad with that kind of potential source material to pull from.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

dromo07 said:

It would also be the first character that would successfully jump from small screen to big screen in the new canon.
Chopper says go to hell.

TCTTS
AG
*****me. This is a damn good theory. I hate that I might agree with it, too. It does almost tie everything together AND kind of make Kylo's words to Rey about her parents make sense. Or would at least give him the motivation to lie. I'm not all in on the theory just yet, and probably never will be, but this is a GREAT video. The voice over is a little too serious for my taste, but it's so well produced overall...

TCTTS
AG
I also really love what they predict for Finn, and think a return to Jakku for Rey is almost a given at this point...
Dro07
AG
would be good but this won't happen...
TCTTS
AG
I still have a few hang ups with it, a primary one being that I don't know if I can see Disney essentially hanging Rey's parentage on Han cheating on Leia post ROTJ. Granted, there IS a reason they're broken up in TFA, but I always thought it was because of Ben going to the Dark Side and the fallout from that.
Dro07
AG

Quote:

Granted, there IS a reason they're broken up in TFA, but I always thought it was because of Ben going to the Dark Side and the fallout from that.
Ya i kept going back and forth on that but there was something that happened while Ben was away that for some reason felt like it contributed to him possibly turning to the dark side. Friends and I have talked about the possibility of Leia and Han losing a child which caused them to drift apart but an affair would make more sense.

I could be wrong because I haven't read it but I think Bloodlines talks about Leia and Han already having a rift and this was before Ben starts turning i think.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

I had thought about that during Solo movie.

Certainly possible. What I had not thought about was Kylo's motivation for telling her they were nobody. If he was angry at his father for leaving him/Leia for Qi'ra then of course he would try to hurt her with those words and that could explain that as a lie.

It would retcon fix a lot - like Han's demeanor toward her from the beginning. And what was said about her (offscreen) in TFA when Maz asks "who's the girl" that basically leads to her discovering Luke's saber and having those visions in the chamber. As well as Kylo's nearly instantaneous link to her and realization that she was someone.

For me it would also build on the franchise for a Solo sequel going forward (I still hope so). A lot more people would want to see that if that is the case especially after Solo gets some time to build an audience through PPV/BR/etc.
bobinator
AG
I could see it. I mostly like that the video is only 6 minutes long. Most wild speculation theory videos are like 20 minutes long.
Dro07
AG
As much as I hated the Finn arc this last one I would love to see the scene described with the Troopers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

I don't know if I can see Disney essentially hanging Rey's parentage on Han cheating on Leia post ROTJ.
Bingo. Feels disrespectful, especially with Carrie gone.
bobinator
AG
I've always been bothered by the fact that Han certainly seemed to know more about her than he said on screen.
Dro07
AG
not if she came out stronger for it... ya nvm you are right no way they go that route now.
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.