*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

750,296 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Most recently, Pablo has talked about it, but he scrubs his Twitter regularly so I can't find the tweet. The 1995 Power of the Force revival action figures card also referred to it, but not explicitly/definitely.

That's not something that ever was explicitly stated in the movies or anything. It's just what Lucas intended until he changes his mind as the prequels started to be developed, according to people who would know.
Gues I'll just have to take your word for it. It's the opposite of everything I've ever heard.

All I know is by the time the Thrawn trilogy was written, the empire wasn't using clones. The books made a point to describe how weird they felt in the force when he had to fight some actual clones.

The clones felt weird to Luke because their growth was incredibly accelerated using the ysalamir, essentially growing them in a no-Force bubble.
PatAg
AG
as great as the books are, they arent canon so its a waste to spend pages talking about in the movie thread
TCTTS
AG
Bring on the speculation. If I'm reading this correctly, the final scene of the movie apparently takes place on an instantly recognizable set. If so, what locations from the first six movies could still be around/relevant? Or is this yet another clue that hints at a time travel element?

https://lrmonline.com/news/star-wars-rise-of-the-skywalker-kevin-smith-was-told-to-avoid-a-looking-at-a-set-because-it-would-melt-his-mind/
TCTTS
AG
I started thinking of old planets and Naboo was one of the first that came to mind. Then I remembered that Palpatine is from Naboo. So what if Naboo has something to do with Palpatine's return? It would be kind of cool to bookend all nine movies with Naboo beginning and ending the saga in some way
bobinator
AG
Based on what we know of the movie, I'd put the bridge of the Death Star pretty high on my power rankings.
bobinator
AG
I can't imagine anything on Naboo that's really an iconic location or that would be like an 'oh ****' moment.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dex's Diner
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, good point.

As for the Death Star, we already know about that. So it wouldn't be that much of a shock.

Maybe something on Tantooine?
TCTTS
AG
That would actually be amazing. Evil has finally been defeated, once and for all, so everyone goes for a bite to eat after.
TXAG 05
AG
What about Bespin? With Lando coming back, and all the rumors about Luke's hand, I think we could definitely see that.
The Collective
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

What about Bespin? With Lando coming back, and all the rumors about Luke's hand, I think we could definitely see that.

I agree. I think it is somewhere on Bespin, possibly the room with the carbon freeze chamber.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ooh. I like Bespin.

I was thinking Mustafar / Vader's castle, but that's not as iconic as an OT location.
bobinator
AG
But it was last year right? He didn't know a Death Star was in the movie at the time.

I just can't think of any other set that would be that iconic.

Everything on Tatooine looks the same, no reason to go to Degobah, Cloud City maybe but only that dining room where Vader was would be instantly recognizable right? Plus I can't imagine the series ending there. The Jedi Temple on Coruscant but even it I don't really had anything particularly recognizable about it.
Urban Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

I started thinking of old planets and Naboo was one of the first that came to mind. Then I remembered that Palpatine is from Naboo. So what if Naboo has something to do with Palpatine's return? It would be kind of cool to bookend all nine movies with Naboo beginning and ending the saga in some way
The Mos Eisley Cantina.

Rey, Finn, Po, Chewbacca, and Lando, piled in the same booth that Han smoked Greedo in, raise a glass in remembrance of Han, Luke, and Leia.

3PO, R2, and BB8 have to wait outside because they still don't serve their kind.

Cue the theme music, the Skywalker saga is done.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, the Mos Eisley Cantina is the other place I keep coming back to.
The Collective
AG
Also, considering Kevin Smith cried during the Kylo / Luke face-off, it is possible something as simple as a return to the Ewok Village would melt his mind.
Belton Ag
AG
Everyone meets up for a beer at the Mos Eisley cantina.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Dex's Diner
'Twas on Coruscant, not Naboo.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wasn't a response.
jokershady
AG
Calling it!

Luke's original home at the moisture farm on Tatooine finished with the dual sunset as the last shot with Rey, force ghost Luke, force ghost leia, and possibly obi-wan
BMX Bandit
Easy money is a return to the most iconic scene in the franchise.

redline248
AG
Please. This is the most iconic scene

Al Bula
AG
Double post
Al Bula
AG
Wow I have seen this thread and thought it must have been a Star Wars game or something. This is the name of the next movie? Wow, what an incredibly terrible name. Worst film name of the franchise by far.
videoag98
AG

This, BUT Chewie gets a effn Medal this time!
TCTTS
AG
You might not be far off. Screenshot from the TROS teaser trailer...

Belton Ag
AG
Shife said:

Wow I have seen this thread and thought it must have been a Star Wars game or something. This is the name of the next movie? Wow, what an incredibly terrible name. Worst film name of the franchise by far.
Naw not the name of the next movie, they're going to change it after reading your post.
tk for tu juan
Final scene, Kylo Ren racing his Pod Racer on Naboo, just like his hero
jokershady
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Final scene, Kylo Ren racing his Pod Racer on Naboo, just like his hero
I'll drop my pants and go doodoo on my theater chair if that's the last scene

Or just complain about it here....either was JJ will never know
jokershady
AG
I like this idea better than mine
Dekker_Lentz
AG
bobinator said:

Based on what we know of the movie, I'd put the bridge of the Death Star pretty high on my power rankings.

To riff on this, what if it was the Emperor's Throne Room on the Death Star 2.

And the scene is between Vader and Palps before Vader goes down to Endor to get Luke. And he says something to either Vader or after Vader leaves says something to the Red Imperial Guard That gives context to this exchange:

Emperor: I'm looking forward to completing your training. In time you will call *me* master.
Luke: You're gravely mistaken. You won't convert me as you did my father.
Emperor: Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken, about a great many things.
Luke: Never. I'll never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

Young foolonly now, at the end, do you understand.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I said the 'bridge' but the throne room is really what I meant. The room where that scene takes place is what I was picturing in my head.
The Collective
AG
Just in case you want to watch some of the time portal episode from Rebels (pretty big spoilers if you have not watched but plan to one day)...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Jeez, you forget how many awesome scenes Rebels had.

My money for the final scene is on the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What if....

First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.