*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

740,136 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've seen a glove comparison on Twitter. It's definitely Kylo's gloves.
Flashdiaz
AG
vwbug said:

Russell character is flying the tie-fighter in the first trailer - waiting on the glove comparison from teaser to this new shot of her character.

Felicity has purple gloves and it's impossible for people to have more than 1 color of gloves
mazag08
AG
I have a feeling the ending is going to be Kylo turning to the good, helping Rey defeat the KOR, and dying in the process.

Tel me I'm wrong.
bobinator
AG
I think the question is whether the gloves we see match the scene we're seeing, or if that's a misdirection cut from another part of the movie.
TCTTS
AG
Ok, yeah, I can buy that. Could definitely be two scenes intercut.
bobinator
AG
I'd guess that it involves Kylo turning on the KOR for some kind of personal gain, only to then turn on Rey as well, except that that's basically what happened in the last movie so I doubt we're going to see that again.
Sbisa04
AG
Great article. I am ok with that level of spoilery.
bangobango
AG
Of course they trot Luke out for the promotional stuff.
Claude!
Flashdiaz said:

vwbug said:

Russell character is flying the tie-fighter in the first trailer - waiting on the glove comparison from teaser to this new shot of her character.

Felicity has purple gloves and it's impossible for people to have more than 1 color of gloves

It must be OJ.
The Collective
AG
bangobango said:

Of course they trot Luke out for the promotional stuff.

He was talking about promotional material when he said this.

vwbug
The dusting of the shoulder and the see you around kid line almost bother me as much as the projected force trick. Those both took me out of the moment. Getting off topic my bad!
bobinator
AG
I kind of liked the 'see you around kid,' line. I assumed that was a nod to Han, and it sounds very much like something he would say.

I sort of took it like a 'we aren't giving up on you yet' kind of thing.
redline248
AG
bobinator said:

I kind of liked the 'see you around kid,' line. I assumed that was a nod to Han, and it sounds very much like something he would say.

I sort of took it like a 'we aren't giving up on you yet' kind of thing.

I agree with the first part, definitely a Han moment.

However, he specifically told Leia that Ben couldn't be saved. Coming from the person that didn't give up on Anakin, that's really saying something.
twilly
AG
Luke won't save Kylo, Rey will...a la "the deeper connection" they have.
Ag Since 83
AG
I'm just preparing myself for all the cheering when Ben turns back to the light. It's going to take a lot of self control to not yell "HE KILLED HAN ****ING SOLO WHY ARE YOU CHEERING???"

And then we'll get years of "JJ just remade ROTJ"

And yet I'm still really looking forward to this movie
redline248
AG
twilly said:

Luke won't save Kylo, Rey will...a la "the deeper connection" they have.

Ugh
bobinator
AG
That's not precisely what happened. He said 'I can't save him.' And then Leia said 'I know my son is gone,' to which he shakes his head and replies 'noone's ever really gone.'

He can't save him, but that doesn't mean he doesn't think he can be saved.

I do think he's gone too far for a complete redemption arc, but he can still do something good.
Gigem314
AG
Claude! said:

Flashdiaz said:

vwbug said:

It must be OJ.
If the Tie Fighter doesn't fit, you must acquit.
Ag Since 83
AG
I don't know....how long does it take to get from South Bundy Drive to North Rockingham since the TIE doesn't have lightspeed?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
They are supposedly going back to the Forest Moon of Endor to do some Indiana Jones work on the remains of the 2nd Death Star right?

We will definitely see Ewoks.

1. Odds Wicket still alive?
2. Odds they've made shrines / idols of C3PO?
3. Odds C3PO is on the mission and talks to Ewoks and saves Finn from being barbecued?
4. Odds of Gorax sighting?
AgMarauder04
AG
Episode IV said:

They are supposedly going back to the Forest Moon of Endor to do some Indiana Jones work on the remains of the 2nd Death Star right?

We will definitely see Ewoks.

1. Odds Wicket still alive?
2. Odds they've made shrines / idols of C3PO?
3. Odds C3PO is on the mission and talks to Ewoks and saves Finn from being barbecued?
4. Odds of Gorax sighting?

Greater than them showing up on a charred wasteland with all the Ewoks dead from Forrest fires caused by tons of flaming debris landing on Endor.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Now that Endgame and GoT are in the rearview mirror, my hype and anticipation is really starting to ramp up. A lot of which is due to this thread.

Looking forward to the rest of this year of theory and speculation.
AgMarauder04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Now that Endgame and GoT are in the rearview mirror, my hype and anticipation is really starting to ramp up. A lot of which is due to this thread.

One of those was fantastic.
Urban Ag
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

One of those was fantastic.
I was a little let down by End Game too.
TCTTS
AG
Here's a random question...

Story-wise, which planet/adventure/battle is part of the climax, and which comes before? Does the gang go to the fallen Death Star to retrieve something they need for later? Or does everything culminate at the fallen Death Star in the climax, and Pasaana (the desert planet) comes before? My gut tells me Pasanna is part of the climax, but Rey/Kylo facing off on the fallen Death Star does seem very climactic as well...

Pasaana...

... or fallen Death Star...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think the climax will involve a massive, open-field battle (probably involving those space horses), with the Rey / Kylo showdown happening simultaneously, in true Star Wars fashion.

I have no idea whether that'll be happening on the same planet, and if so, who all will be involved on the side of the Resistance.

But I do believe Jedi force ghosts will have a role to play in that battle, and Palpatine will obviously be involved in the Rey/Kylo showdown.
redline248
AG
Trilogy opened on a desert planet, might as well end one, too. (For that matter, the entire saga opened on a desert planet)
TCTTS
AG
Good point.
redline248
AG
So, the release of the Kylo v Rey photo can't be part of the climax, right? I mean, everyone expects them to have a showdown, but would they release the pivotal battle in promotional material? So, if it's not the climax, do we possibly get 2 fights?

Then again, if the trailer shot of her jumping over the TIE is also Kylo...my above question applies to that as well. On one hand, I don't see how they could have multiple fights where both walk away, that's rare.

Greivous escapes through the window of a battle cruiser before Obi-Wan finds him later. Luke, having been defeated, falls into the depths of Cloud City.

Really rambling here as I spitball some thoughts...ha
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

Trilogy opened on a desert planet, might as well end one, too. (For that matter, the entire saga opened on a desert planet)

I don't think so..... Not one of the SW movies has ever opened on a planet much less a desert planet. Technically.

They all open with a space panning shot and some giant ship or another and then some scene on the interior of that ship usually (except V and II which land on the planet before any other scenes). but those planets are Coruscant and Hoth. So even in those cases not a desert planet.

Perhaps I'm being too literal?

Ep I - opens with Qui Gon and Obi Wan boarding a trade federation vessel but it's a trap they escape and then go to Tatooine

Ep II - opens with Amidala and her ship arriving as Coruscant

Ep III - opens with Obi Wan and Anakin in a space battle

Star Wars - opens inside the ship Leia is escaping on and the boarding by Darth Vader and the troopers. Only after the droids escape does it switch to Tatooine.

Ep V - a probe is sent down from a star destroyer to the ice planet Hoth where it explores looking for the base

Ep VI - opens with Vaders ship going from a star destroyer to the 2nd death star and him walking out

Ep VII - opens with a star destroyer then one of it's transport ships heading down to Jakku with some interior shots. then the raid on the village there.

Ep VIII - Hux on board a star destroyer as they catch them evacuating and then the dreadnaught and then Poe in a fighter.

I mean the closest to opening on a desert planet is TFA - no dialogue is spoken before they reach the planet. But the perspective then switches to Poe on the planet who is the first to speak.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I actually did think the same, so you're probably right. It's JJ, after all.

Might be the middle of the movie, ie the Obi-Wan / Vader from ANH or the Grievous/Obi-Wan from ROTS.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Come on, you are being way pedantic. For all intents and purposes, ANH opens on Tatooine.
TCTTS
AG
I think you're being too literal. The "hero's journey" / broad story begins on a desert planet. Without our hero (Luke) living on a desert planet when the saga kicks off, there is no movie. That's all he means.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

I think you're being too literal. The "hero's journey" / broad story begins on a desert planet. Without our hero (Luke) living on a desert planet when the saga kicks off, there is no movie. That's all he means.

ok if ya'll say so but.... that's 8 minutes into the movie including the crawl and scenes on the ships.

i would never say the movie begins on tatooine. the "story" or journey maybe.

TCTTS
AG
Ha, that's literally what I just said... "broad story."
First Page Last Page
Page 75 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.