*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

747,337 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can VF do all movie photo shoots and EW never go near one again?
Flashdiaz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

First pic:
fight on the Death Star remains?

Second pic horse face looks familiar

The Collective
AG
VF makes EW shoots look like fan art.
Urban Ag
AG
CJS4715 said:

Even masked Keri Russell is hot.

epic side boob, this is
Duncan Idaho
redline248 said:

Threre is almost no chance JJ pulls off the "bring us all together" miracle

Nor should he....the prequel fans don't deserve to be included with the rest of us.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Inclusion, not exclusion.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Urban Ag said:

CJS4715 said:

epic side boob, this is

but i'm conflicted cuz the helmet looks like a..... well you know.

don't care. i'd hit it helmet on or off.
redline248
AG
I think it's dangerous to get hyped based on these kinds of photos.
The Collective
AG
Saul Goodman
AG
God I'm excited for this. I love all of the signals that JJ and Lucasfilm have been putting out about what this movie is going to be.

Somebody mentioned it in the other thread a few weeks ago, but as great as Endgame was...Marvel just doesn't have the emotional impact for me that Star Wars does.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

redline248 said:

Nor should he....the prequel fans don't deserve to be included with the rest of us.
What about the Star Wars fans? which of course includes the prequels.
Flashdiaz
AG
Hux is back with his Dad.... I hope they figure out how to defend against being force pushed around.

John Matrix
AG
Obviously you can't tell a lot from photos, but I'm loving where this appears to be going at least conceptually. I love the fact that JJ at least has gotten all of the main players together at the same time, which is something that surprisingly they haven't accomplished yet with the slightly disjointed narratives of TFA and TLJ. I've avoided all the spoilers s ofar, but Palpatine being back seems stupid on the surface, but is actually more intriguing the more you consider it.

I'm with you guys though in that, as much as I love Marvel and Endgame in particular, there's just something about Star Wars that I will never not be excited about.
redline248
AG
agracer
AG
AliasMan02 said:

redline248 said:

There's a strong subculture of the fandom that has already decided to hate it. If it were open for fan ratings on RT today, they'd be assaulting it. Star Wars isn't alone in this, but it's one of the primary examples, I think because of the toxicity that has persisted in notable Star Wars forums even before the birth of true social media.

Nothing JJ does will make some people stop hating having a female hero, or hating that Luke is gone, or hating Porgs, or hating the Poe/Finn love story, or hating the lack of Poe/Finn love story, or whatever.

I think it will still be tremendously successful and satisfying to the vast majority.
I'm sorry but this is just 'tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth". 99% of the SW fans out there have no problem with a female hero (hello, Princess Leah was certainly a female hero in 1977 and America loved her).
redline248
AG
agracer said:

AliasMan02 said:

redline248 said:

There's a strong subculture of the fandom that has already decided to hate it. If it were open for fan ratings on RT today, they'd be assaulting it. Star Wars isn't alone in this, but it's one of the primary examples, I think because of the toxicity that has persisted in notable Star Wars forums even before the birth of true social media.

Nothing JJ does will make some people stop hating having a female hero, or hating that Luke is gone, or hating Porgs, or hating the Poe/Finn love story, or hating the lack of Poe/Finn love story, or whatever.

I think it will still be tremendously successful and satisfying to the vast majority.
I'm sorry but this is just 'tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth". 99% of the SW fans out there have no problem with a female hero (hello, Princess Leah was certainly a female hero in 1977 and America loved her).

99% allows for "some" people to hate a female hero.
Belton Ag
AG
Americans and Star Wars fans will love any hero with a compelling story, regardless of gender, race, etc.

It's up to the writers to make the heroes interesting. It gets tiring to see bland, uninteresting characters get introduced and rejected by the public only to have that be blamed on sexism or whatever ism.

Rey, for example, was close in Force Awakens, but TLJ totally failed to advance her (in fact it went the opposite in the whole 'nobody' narrative). I'm really hoping TROS accomplishes what TLJ failed to do, because I like her but I really want to love her (as a character, not in a weirdo way).
Urban Ag
AG
Felicity Jones was awesome in Rogue One.
The Collective
AG
Plenty of examples of strong female characters that are universally loved before the era of forced inclusion.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
CJS4715 said:

Daft Punk gonna play at the cantina?
G Martin 87
AG
boogieman said:

Vanity Fair has their Ep 9 article.

Great article, thanks for posting this. Optimism returning...
TCTTS
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

First pic:
fight on the Death Star remains?

Second pic horse face looks familiar

Good call on the Death Star. That could be amazing, with the waves crashing around them, etc.
Flashdiaz
AG
Kylo's scar looks healed up... I wonder how much time has passed since TLJ

and i'm surprised at the full sunlight picture of the Knights of Ren instead of a dark shadowy one.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Kylo's scar looks healed up... I wonder how much time has passed since TLJ

and i'm surprised at the full sunlight picture of the Knights of Ren instead of a dark shadowy one.
1 year according to article in VF.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Why do the KOR not have sabers? If they were training to be jedi they would be force sensitive and seem like they would fight with sabers
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I will say I'm kind of bummed that Rey hasn't built her own lightsaber by now. (ie a double-bladed lightsaber)

Then again, they would never give that away in promotional shots. So they're still hope for that.
Flashdiaz
AG
because things are just given to her... force abilities, lightsabers...
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Can I just say that for once id appreciate footage of this process as well, we have never seen how they are made and it seems like it could be very well done.

personally i am thinking like a rambo II scene where he is gearing up before his mission, one of my all time favorite scenes of any movie. Do that the right way with rey and the right angles.....woooooo
bobinator
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

This surprises me a little bit. I was kind of hoping it had been a few years.
jokershady
AG
cpsencik04 said:

Why do the KOR not have sabers? If they were training to be jedi they would be force sensitive and seem like they would fight with sabers
look closer at that picture...

The two guys on the left both have similar looking items hanging from their belts on the left side....kind of a "more crude" looking light saber shaft.
Urban Ag
AG
bobinator said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

This surprises me a little bit. I was kind of hoping it had been a few years.
Hopefully that means Rose has only completed year one of her five year secret missions in the Outer Rim.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
CJS4715 said:

Plenty of examples of strong female characters that are universally loved before the era of forced inclusion.
Yep. Ever see Alien/Aliens? Terminator? That last Mad Max movie? Wonder Woman?

This idea that anyone hated the new SW movies simply because a female was the primary hero character is bunk. There are plenty of reasons why TFA and especially TLJ have failed, and they have nothing to do with Daisy Ridley. (I only suggest that TFA could be considered something of a failure given how close to the original movie it was, but otherwise it was a rousingly fun movie, unlike TLJ)
bobinator
AG
The fact that we have confirmed involvement of the Knights of Ren excites me quite a bit. There's potentially a lot to work with there.
bobinator
AG
Didn't see anybody mention this, but the captions seem to confirm that we do indeed have another new desert location, the planet 'Pasaana.'
vwbug
Russell character is flying the tie-fighter in the first trailer - waiting on the glove comparison from teaser to this new shot of her character.
First Page Last Page
Page 74 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.