*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

747,357 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

That said, I have no doubt that we'll get some kind of Force ghost come-together in some capacity.

Six sages, now!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

That said, I have no doubt that we'll get some kind of Force ghost come-together in some capacity.

Six sages, now!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
New rumors on MakingStarWars suggest they're using digital tech and maybe Billie Lourd's assistance to film a post-ROTJ flashback featuring a conversation between Luke and Leia about why she chooses not to train as a Jedi.

Sounds like JJ is pulling out all stops to get people to fall back in love with SW. If any of these recent rumors come to light I'm got watch the hell out of this movie in theaters.
TCTTS
AG
Saw that. Would be super cool, IMO, and yeah, JJ seems to be going all out.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

New rumors on MakingStarWars suggest they're using digital tech and maybe Billie Lourd's assistance to film a post-ROTJ flashback featuring a conversation between Luke and Leia about why she chooses not to train as a Jedi.

Sounds like JJ is pulling out all stops to get people to fall back in love with SW. If any of these recent rumors come to light I'm got watch the hell out of this movie in theaters.
I like that spoiler-covered rumor.

While I am not a big fan of TLJ, that movie did nothing to my love for Star Wars. I'll be seeing TROS on opening day as I have done with every SW movie since ROTJ. And likely seeing it a few more times before ultimately watching it repeatedly once I get it on BR.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I know I've made a similar post before, but if JJ manages to unite everyone for this movie (old fans, prequel-era fans, and the new generation), it would be a slam dunk / home run that would be worthy of a lot of praise.

I really hope he can do that. (Or come close.)

I also think if they really dial into that with the marketing, and play up the "finale" factor, this could be huge. Maybe not TFA huge, but at least comparable.
Flashdiaz
AG
not to keep dumping on TLJ, but they're going to have to step up their marketing after TLJ and Solo's poor (for a Star Wars movie) box office. Couple that with Star Wars land and they'll need to make sure RoS is a hit.
bobinator
AG
I'm not sure this is true. The people that really seemed to not like it were hardcore fans, and it's not like they're going to stay away from this one.
The Collective
AG
I'll probably go ahead and buy tickets to two screenings if they were available right now.
redline248
AG
Threre is almost no chance JJ pulls off the "bring us all together" miracle
The Collective
AG
Nobody could.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
There is a non-zero chance.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Which is what "almost no chance" means.

CJ is right, though
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

Threre is almost no chance JJ pulls off the "bring us all together" miracle

There's a strong subculture of the fandom that has already decided to hate it. If it were open for fan ratings on RT today, they'd be assaulting it. Star Wars isn't alone in this, but it's one of the primary examples, I think because of the toxicity that has persisted in notable Star Wars forums even before the birth of true social media.

Nothing JJ does will make some people stop hating having a female hero, or hating that Luke is gone, or hating Porgs, or hating the Poe/Finn love story, or hating the lack of Poe/Finn love story, or whatever.

I think it will still be tremendously successful and satisfying to the vast majority.
Mosquito
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Poe/Finn love story
Urban Ag
AG
Yeah, a lot of people are going to head straight to the theater having already decided they hate it. And then they'll most likely hate it. Then they'll head to the internets to make sure and convince you that you should hate it to.

I admit that after Ep's 7 and 8, my interest in waning (on this trilogy) and I don't have huge expectations. But I want to like it and will go in to it with an open mind. I mean come on, it's Star Wars. They haven't gotten close to bad enough for me to sit out a SW movie.

I can't imagine wanting to go through life so dissatisfied all the time that you'd actually pay money to see a movie you've convinced yourself you'll dislike and actually go in to it wanting to dislike it. How pathetic. Just wait for Red Box, or Netflix, or TNT.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, if we're not worrying about the small group of crazy people that are going to hate it not matter what I think there's a decent chance.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Exactly, my mindset heading into TLJ was like this:

TFA was pretty good, but it was just a rehash of ANH, with a bigger gun and some interesting characters. I didn't like that a froce user just knew how to handle the force and a lightsaber, that's not how this is supposed to work... Oh well.. it was pretty good, but there are some things I would NOT have done...

TLJ, I am excited about this one and RJ. There are so many unanswered questions and setups from TFA that I hope are answered in this film. <Expectations subverted>. Uhhh... okay. I didn't like the obvious fan-humor stuff like Poe playing practical jokes on Hux, Luke tossing the lightsaber, or Rey shooting a hole in the hut, or Rey slicing the rock and it landing on the caretakers cart, etc. Wait, why are turbolasers CURVING in space??? Oh, man, they are trying to make a Milky Way Galaxy (i.e. modern) point with the Canto Bight stuff about war, cruelty, etc. Why are they delving into earth/US politics with Star Wars Galaxy? Come on... uh, this purple haired lady is the worst! Aw, what a neat way to send Leia ou--- what? She survived the vacuum of space, the cold of space, and she has incredible force powers? What is this? Oh god, they've Hollywood/Michael Bay'd this movie with Phasma being so stupid and a droid driving a Chicken Walker... What is this!!! No way Rose could catch up to Finn... it's just NOT POSSIBLE. What does that even mean? "Not gonna win by fighting hate.."? Yuck. Oh neat effect with the hyperspace cruiser bomb, but .. that doesn't really seem possible given all the backstory and physics... oh sweet, Luke and Kylo fight... wait Luke died from overexertion in the Force? Then I read the internet and found so much more not to like...

TROS - In an era where gritty realism like GoT and The Last Kingdom, and other shows where there are consequences for bad decisions and no one is safe... I hope no one is safe and there is a way to pull a diamond out of the poop that was the last movie.
Ulrich
redline248 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Which is what "almost no chance" means.

CJ is right, though

lunchbox
This was tweeted by the official Star Wars account but is kind of spoilery...remove the space before the colon if you want to see it.

https ://twitter.com/starwars/status/1131175664768303104
Belton Ag
AG
Not sure that's at all spoilery, might as well talk about it since it'll be a part of that Vanity Fair story.

Furlock Bones
AG
trying to decide if this is the movie that gets me back into an actual theater. maybe take a random Tuesday off a few weeks after it opens and go see an early showing, so there's far less people.
lunchbox
I agree - was kind of surprised how low-key the reveal was...I just didn't anyone to get upset about it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Looks like the planet in the teaser.

Are the KoR hunting Rey in that TIE fighter jump scene?
boogieman
AG
Vanity Fair has their Ep 9 article.

The Shank Ag
Zorri Bliss for Keri Russel (Might have already been discussed). This a brand new name or one that's come up in non-cannon?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Holy ****, is this from the actual movie?

And man, the cinematography just looks fanastic, both in this picture and in the footage we've seen. Really love the wide, panoramic shots and the colors that pop like this.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Man, this is looking like exactly the kind of epic finale this saga should get. I'm so damn excited for this.

The Collective
AG
Even masked Keri Russell is hot.

Furlock Bones
AG
definitely some cool looking stuff. but, i'm going to be nit picky here for a second and i'm sure you'll give me grief for it.

but, as some one that shoots archery and hunts regularly, why the F does the girl on the horse thing have a shoot thru riser bow?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Because it's a space bow. Duh.
Flashdiaz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Holy ****, is this from the actual movie?

And man, the cinematography just looks fanastic, both in this picture and in the footage we've seen. Really love the wide, panoramic shots and the colors that pop like this.

this kind of looks like a VF photo op.

If in the movie, I have many questions:
- if this is when Luke's School for the Gifted and Talented is burned, why does he look old like he did in TLJ.
- if this is after Luke dies (and before ghost cgi effects), why is R2 with him
- if he's not a ghost... then I just don't know.
Furlock Bones
AG
i hope that arrow is more like a grenade with a sizable blast radius because that ain't a rapid fire weapon.
The Collective
AG
I think it is a photo op for the magazine.
First Page Last Page
Page 73 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.