*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

750,297 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Obi-Wan should have gutted him like a fish and saved the galaxy a lot of heartache

Which is more unbelievable...Palps showing up across the galaxy to save Vader in time or Dany flying from Dragonstone to north of the wall to save Jon in time?
Fenrir
The one that doesn't involve the possibility of faster than light travel.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
This cover certainly could be interpreted as giving some credence to the nature of an aspect of the rumored climactic duel between Rey and Kylo that Making Star Wars reported on recently. Basically, the idea is that their Force FaceTime ability - being able to communicate/see each other across vast distances - will be taken to the next level in IX. In other words, imagine them DUELING that way. It was hinted at that they had the ability to interact (I think it was Kylo who had water on his hand from the rain where Rey was), and this fight is apparently super trippy in that regard, in multiple locations, and maybe even in multiple time periods (remember Rey "time traveling" to Cloud City, just before Luke loses his hand in Empire, in her vision in TFA?). However this goes down - and again, it's only a rumor at this point - it seems Rey's vision in TFA and the Force FaceTiming in TLJ were set-ups for this super crazy fight, the likes of which we've never seen before, and could be pretty awesome if done right.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
They've done the cover for the art of the movie book but can't give us a poster?
TCTTS
AG
Lucasfilm released a ton of movie tie-in book covers today. Good breakdown of everything here...

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019/05/journey-to-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-titles-announced.html
TCTTS
AG
Actually, that just gave me an idea. If "Rey's Vision" in TFA really was her "time traveling" from Cloud City in Empire, to Luke watching the Jedi Temple burn, to Kylo and the Knights of Ren in the rain - what if THAT'S where Kylo potentially recognizes Rey from? What if he and the Knights of Ren were wrecking shop on some dudes in the rain and mud, and suddenly this scared girl appeared out of thin air, then disappeared again before he could do anything? And maybe it's always haunted him?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
That's a good idea.
Liquid Wrench
MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Obi-Wan should have gutted him like a fish and saved the galaxy a lot of heartache
Funny, I didn't see this comment until now, but had pretty much the same thought watching it this morning (and saw your reply to that).
TCTTS
AG
Another interesting idea I just read... pure speculation, but what if in the opening trailer scene in the desert, Rey and Kylo are working together and doing some sort of training exercise? I don't know how much sense that makes, but it would also explain a fair amount (why Kylo's not firing at her, etc.).
maca1028
nm, I remember now.
TCTTS
AG
It's only like three seconds. She's in the hallway where Luke and Vader fight.
jokershady
AG
Was looking at Star Wars LEGO toys and saw something that might be a potential spoiler....bare in mind I am NOT caught up on books / comics / tv shows for additional characters.

So I found a TIE Fighter that looks pretty close to the same one in TROS trailer that Rey flips over. Without realizing it I read the name of this toy, and it's Major Vonreg's TIE Fighter.

Is this a COMPLETELY new character? Have any of y'all heard of him? It looked like current (old) Princess Leia was a character that came with it too.

If so I think that confirms that it's not Kylo in that ship in the trailer.
twilly
AG
jokershady said:

Was looking at Star Wars LEGO toys and saw something that might be a potential spoiler....bare in mind I am NOT caught up on books / comics / tv shows for additional characters.

So I found a TIE Fighter that looks pretty close to the same one in TROS trailer that Rey flips over. Without realizing it I read the name of this toy, and it's Major Vonreg's TIE Fighter.

Is this a COMPLETELY new character? Have any of y'all heard of him? It looked like current (old) Princess Leia was a character that came with it too.

If so I think that confirms that it's not Kylo in that ship in the trailer.

That LEGO ship is from Resistance, the cartoon on the Disney Channel.
jokershady
AG
Good to know.

Also good to know that when you quote a spoiler it automatically reveals what's typed.
Matt_ag98
Just got out of Endgame and was disappointed how I felt Tony Stark had so much more meaning for his scene than Luke did in TLJ, but at least we got a golden dice hand off, thanks Rian
Sex Panther
AG
Also cuz Tony was, you know... actually there
twilly
AG
I edited the spoiler tag off. Since you weren't spoiling anything, I thought others should see.
jokershady
AG
twilly said:

I edited the spoiler tag off. Since you weren't spoiling anything, I thought others should see.
thats cool! Just glad to hear that quoting doesn't erase that so nothing gets accidentally messed up in the future
TCTTS
AG

https://www.slashfilm.com/john-williams-rise-of-skywalker-reaction/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dro07
AG
Interesting theory but if they go that route do they have enough Fisher footage to get that done?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Probably not, but I figure there's ways to chop up existing footage of her face and CGI the rest?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Probably not, but I figure there's ways to chop up existing footage of her face and CGI the rest?

they've said they are not CGI-ing her. Only previously filmed footage.

but what that means who knows - using previously filmed but CGI-ing or even overlaying stuff around her is a variation maybe that doesn't technically break their rule.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Exactly.
The Collective
AG
Damn. Great ideas, probably just going to lead to more fan discontent when we don't get it.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Agreed - I am already looking forward to the Force ghosts of the past all ethereally contributing their last force powers to Princess Leia as she forms a protective Lightside force field around Rey and Kylo as they battle a young man possessed by the ultra-evil and darkside strong spirit of Palpatine. Coupled with John Williams "The Force Theme" as it begins and swells into the timpani roll at 0:29...

I am getting allergies just thinking about it...

Too late Disney & JJ - expectations are set!
The Collective
AG
With what just occurred in another major franchise, it feels wrong for them to go the time travel route in the saga finale.
Flashdiaz
AG
or possessed Kylo and Rey fighting... inner Kylo struggles and controls the body long enough to allow Rey to finish the fight reversing this scene:

TCTTS
AG
Who said anything about time travel?
TCTTS
AG
If the theorizing/reporting from Making Star Wars is to be believed, this is basically what happens, except no Leia Force shield and Palpatine DOES actually end up possessing Kylo, albeit briefly. Kylo then exercising that "demon" is what finally turns him to the light.
TCTTS
AG
That said, I have no doubt that we'll get some kind of Force ghost come-together in some capacity.
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

Who said anything about time travel?

I was catching up on the thread - thought I read a suggestion of Rey's vision in TFA actually being time travel. Maybe I misinterpreted.
TCTTS
AG
Oh, sorry, no, you're right. I was referring to this latest convo. But yeah, turns out, *I* was the one talking about time travel a while back. Haha.
The Collective
AG
Yea, I just noticed I was 10 days behind on the thread. My bad.
First Page Last Page
Page 72 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.