*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

748,971 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Fenrir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I haven't followed this as much lately but I don't know why kylo should be believed. How would he know who her parents were? His statement seems as much an assumption based on where she is from as anything else.
jokershady
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

AliasMan02 said:

I think the ship in the trailer is one of the new class A Wings.

Immediately came to mind
except I thought the thrusters on those were yellow and not blue
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
redline248
AG
Wasn't part of that conversion/scene Rey kind of realizing he's right. Intuition or force or something. Didn't he even say something to the effect of "you know it's true"
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

Wasn't part of that conversion/scene Rey kind of realizing he's right. Intuition or force or something. Didn't he even say something to the effect of "you know it's true"

Yes but she may very well know it to be true and it NOT be true..... very few people remember their actual birth/creation. but she might remember who she was raised by - that does not have to be her natural parents.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

There's absolutely no way that's just for the trailer.
My gut says some of that sequence won't be in the movie, probably the look back part by Rey... no doubt she will be running and do a flip twist over the TIE, but it won't appear exactly like that full sequence in the movie. It feels like it may be a vision she's having of herself, some kind of dream sequence or something.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

.Ha, exactly. I don't see why anyone is questioning anything about this scene.

On second thought I think the scene in the trailer is out of sequence...

I think it's more likely, that the scene of her looking back is not immediately followed by her taking of sprinting, but it's edited in tat fashion for the trailer.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Laser Wolf
How do ya'll think Lando will die in this one?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
i need someone to tell me how to do the spoiler tags
AgMarauder04
AG
sp
/sp

Put them in these things []

spoiler
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
C@LAg said:

Laser Wolf said:

How do ya'll think Lando will die in this one?
They ain't killing a brothah.

and they most definitely will not suicide the Falcon because they will want to use that in media going forward.

ahem.....

texasaggie04
AG
Episode IV said:

TCTTS said:

.Ha, exactly. I don't see why anyone is questioning anything about this scene.

On second thought I think the scene in the trailer is out of sequence...

I think it's more likely, that the scene of her looking back is not immediately followed by her taking of sprinting, but it's edited in tat fashion for the trailer.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they had her look back in the actual movie and then say some cheesy line first before turning and running/flipping.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

sp
/sp

Put them in these things []

spoiler

And don't use a slash or any weird symbols in the text you are trying to spoiler.
Not a Bot
AG
No one's ever really gone.
Fenrir
George isn't running the show anymore.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I have some potential spoilers, or at least hints at spoilers.
As a few of you remember, in 2016 I got in a bad car accident that saw me away from the boards for half a year and also missing Rogue One's entire time in the theater. My brother, also a big fan, reached out to reps at Lucasfilm and told them what had happened to me and my relative massive fandom status. When I had largely recovered in 2017, one day I got to video chat with someone who works for Lucasfilm who had themselves had a bad car accident a few years back (was not George or Mark) and had struggled to recover.

This person is nobody famous but does work on the movies and I got to talk to them for about an hour about SW obviously, and healing, and some other things we had in common - largely love for the Dark Tower books.
Anyway, we exchanged #s and shockingly this person texted me the next week to see how I was doing, and has continued doing so maybe once a month or so since then. I have never asked anything about Star Wars other than giving my opinion when asked because I don't want to be that guy.

However, on Saturday morning they texted me to ask how I liked the IX trailer and I gave my normal long-winded this and that theory in reply - a really long-winded way of saying it was awesome. And when they texted back, it was with two questions and a winky face. I answered the questions but did not get any sort of confirmation or denial response, but I got permission from the person to post them here as well, so enjoy or shake your lightsaber angrily at me.

Who would you contact if you needed the coordinates to a 40-year-old secret military base?
If you lived on primitive planet that had never seen a Jedi, what would you call someone who could soar through the air onto the back of a flying machine?
Sweet Kitten Feet
Duncan Idaho
Cactus Jack said:

No one's ever really gone.

That just reminded me of how bad cinematography of the prequels was. Even setting the story aside, they are just so terrible to look at.
Flashdiaz
AG
interesting.

Who would you contact if you needed the coordinates to a 40-year-old secret military base?

maybe i'm missing something here but what does this mean, or allude to? Palpatine having a secret military base only he knows about?
bobinator
AG
Yeah, that question is throwing me. There are a handful of characters that would know most of the major scenes from the old days. Not sure what secret base we're talking about.
TCTTS
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I have some potential spoilers, or at least hints at spoilers.
As a few of you remember, in 2016 I got in a bad car accident that saw me away from the boards for half a year and also missing Rogue One's entire time in the theater. My brother, also a big fan, reached out to reps at Lucasfilm and told them what had happened to me and my relative massive fandom status. When I had largely recovered in 2017, one day I got to video chat with someone who works for Lucasfilm who had themselves had a bad car accident a few years back (was not George or Mark) and had struggled to recover.

This person is nobody famous but does work on the movies and I got to talk to them for about an hour about SW obviously, and healing, and some other things we had in common - largely love for the Dark Tower books.
Anyway, we exchanged #s and shockingly this person texted me the next week to see how I was doing, and has continued doing so maybe once a month or so since then. I have never asked anything about Star Wars other than giving my opinion when asked because I don't want to be that guy.

However, on Saturday morning they texted me to ask how I liked the IX trailer and I gave my normal long-winded this and that theory in reply - a really long-winded way of saying it was awesome. And when they texted back, it was with two questions and a winky face. I answered the questions but did not get any sort of confirmation or denial response, but I got permission from the person to post them here as well, so enjoy or shake your lightsaber angrily at me.

If you lived on primitive planet that had never seen a Jedi, what would you call someone who could soar through the air onto the back of a flying machine?

In all of TexAgs' history, let it be known that no one has ever gone - or will ever go - to the lengths you have to bring us nuggets like this. This is amazing.

In all seriousness, though, once again, I'm so sorry for your wreck, but we're certainly glad you're back on the boards - especially in threads like this - in full effect.

As for the specific tidbits you posted, my mind is reeling...

The secret military base angle is something that once again falls in line with the whole Palpatine-created-Rey theory. Regardless, I'm now assuming what the heroes are looking for on the fallen Death Star IS a map of sorts - or coordinates, rather - only these coordinates don't lead to Luke Skywalker (as originally intended, from "The Art Of" book), they lead to this secret military base. If so, I love that. I love the idea of there being something back around the OT time period that we didn't know about. Some secret base with hidden answers. That's a GREAT potential MacGuffin.

As far as who they would have to reach out to to find it, I have two thoughts. 1) I wonder if they have to SUMMON Palpatine? Instead of Palpatine coming back on his own, maybe there's some old Jedi or Sith method of communing with the dead? That said, I can't see the good guys actually summoning Palpatine like that. So my only other guess is 2) Lando. Maybe he knows a guy who knows a guy who knows something. That kind of thing.

What REALLY interests me, however, is the whole Skywalker thing. What if we actually learn or see HOW the Skywalker name came to be? And what if it holds more meaning than we originally thought? And THAT'S what the title is referencing? There does look to be a primitive tribe of sorts in the behind-the-scenes pics on the desert planet from the trailer. So did the Skywalker lineage mean something BEFORE Anakin came into the picture? Is there any evidence of this in canon? Was there a Skywalker descendant - a Jedi - who did amazing things and appeared to these people on a ship, and THAT'S where the Skywalker name comes from? Taking it even further, what if Palpatine didn't create Anakin, but maybe Darth Plagueis somehow created the Skywalker lineage way back when?
Rex Racer
AG
Get rid of the colon in your post.
TCTTS
AG
Can someone tell me where my spoiler tags are screwing up? I've removed every single character I can find that might be causing the code error and I can't pinpoint the problem.
Ag Since 83
AG
Palpatine holocron?
TCTTS
AG
I can't find it. Where is the colon?
Rex Racer
AG
TCTTS said:

Quote:

As far as who they would have to reach out to to find it, I have two thoughts: 1 -
TCTTS
AG
Thank you. Ugh.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
TCTTS said:

Nm
Rex Racer
AG
TCTTS said:

Thank you. Ugh.
No problem whatsoever.
Ag Since 83
AG
Celebration 2019's biggest revelation: symbols break spoiler tags. I didn't know at least
bobinator
AG
Plagueis creating Anakin is the other thing I considered on my Anakin Skywalker thing, but we've never gotten any sort of solid timeline for when Sidious killed Plagueis.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that's interesting. But this would potentially mean that the "power" of the Skywalker lineage would pre-date Anakin or even Shmi Skywalker.
kraut
AG
In the Thrawn books, didn't Thrawn do a double take when he heard the name "Skywalker"? It's been a while since I read them, but I seem to recall there was some sort of double meaning with the Chiss? The books also reference Palpatine's obsession with the unknown regions, could this be a way to tie them all together?

Put in spoiler tags for non-book readers.
First Page Last Page
Page 57 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.