*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

747,696 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
AgGrad99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Why are you guys putting spoiler tags on everything?
TCTTS
AG
Because Muckracker just posted a couple of vague but juicy tidbits. Straight from Lucasfilm. And now we're speculating based on those tidbits.
bobinator
AG
I don't normally consider theories spoilers, but in this case maybe because there is some insider info involved
tk for tu juan
Keep in mind Jar Jar also had a secret military base. It was underwater just like the destroyed deathstar
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Ilke your thoughts here. good work.

I really like the idea that it is Lando. that makes a lot of sense - he was a con man of sorts always had connections and always making deals, maybe he can just find it for them.

Conversely I don't like the idea of having to conjure palpatine- why would he even help them?

Searching for something on the death star also makes sense.

the legacy of the Skywalkers also makes sense - from JJ point of view to tie it altogether and pay homage to it all and even elevate it if you can - ambitious really. I also love how Rey can be a Skywalker then but nobody knew it - makes sense with the sudden skills she had, and the connections she had to people instantly, etc.

bobinator
AG
The Lando bit only throws me because we see him in the trailer, it's not like him being in the movie is a big secret or anything. But he presumably doesn't know anything that Leia doesn't know.

I think if I were a Jedi that needed to contact someone to get information on an old imperial base that Anakin Skywalker is probably the call.
TCTTS
AG
I didn't even think that if the "power" of the Skywalker name DOES go back pre-Shmi, how Rey could be related to some OTHER Skywalker. That's interesting.
bobinator
AG
I think we may all be overthinking that bit.

In the same way that we saw that kid telling the story at the end of TLJ, this movie may end with a kid or someone in the future describing Rey's actions and describing her as a 'Skywalker.' Which could kind of bring the story full circle but without her literally being related to anyone called Skywalker. She would literally both be born a nobody, and a Skywalker.

TCTTS
AG
Hmmm. Yeah, we ARE probably overthinking it a bit, but I'm going to be really disappointed if some tribe or kid randomly comes up with naming her a "Skywalker" - which also just so happens to be the last name of the lineage we've been speculating she's a part of for two movies now. That seems insanely coincidental and like such a frustratingly and cheaply sentimental "out."
bobinator
AG
I dunno, it doesn't feel any cheaper to me than having her actually be a secret clone of Luke.
TCTTS
AG
I will say that if the movie is ultimately about Rey "earning" the name Skywalker - via a primitive tribe or something of that ilk - that definitely works better for the title. "The Rise of Skywalker" is then literally about Rey, only she's a nobody who is "anointed" that name rather than being part of the lineage. And it would make more sense than the title for the ninth and final movie being about something that ultimately began before even Episode I. Still, I just can't get over the coincidence of it. It would be eye-roll-inducing, and I don't even know if the most perfectly handled version of it would work. We're talking BvS "Martha" territory in terms of dumb coincidences.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Revenge of the Sith, Return of the Jedi, and now The Rise of Skywalker. To me Skywalker this is just signaling that Skywalker is going to from a lineage to an order. This trilogy has been toying with the lines between myth and reality, so perhaps this final chapter will deal with what makes a person mythologize someone they knew to be a complicated person with faults. Rey is going to create a new order, and its going to be in the mold of the hero version of Luke, because everyone in the galaxy is talking about what he did in TLJ. I think its convenient for speculation that it also fuels fan theories about Rey's lineage...in my opinion.
Flashdiaz
AG
These are the same folks that gave us the Solo originating from an Imperial officer filling out a form.

and when can we stop using these spoiler tags... this thread is going to look like a government UFO report.
TCTTS
AG
I'm down to create a spoiler thread. We're going to need one eventually. Or is that why staff created spoiler tags in the first place?
The Collective
AG
I don't think we need to tag any of this.
bobinator
AG
I agree, I'm just saying that certainly appears to be the simplest explanation.
TCTTS
AG
Muck's intel seems pretty legit. All of this speculation is (likely) based in some fact. And I can name at least one poster who would throw a fit if we were openly speculating based on those tidbits.
bobinator
AG
I don't really think I would consider any of this spoilers. I was just using the tags because everyone else was.

But I don't really like actual spoilers which is what another thread would turn into.
TCTTS
AG
Y'all know me. Personally, I wouldn't be spoiler tagging any of this. Especially not even the hand theory. I'm sick of having to tag everything and it DOES look like damned UFO report. It's ridiculous. But this is what Spilner and a few others seemingly want. So what do we do?
Dro07
AG
my eyes hurt...
bobinator
AG
Well my thinking is that these definitely aren't spoilers. We were already theorizing different meanings for 'Skywalker' and trying to figure out how the emperor/Death Star were involved.
TCTTS
AG
How about this... STAR THIS POST if you agree that spoiler tags should only be reserved for actual, tangible spoilers; meaning major plot points that have been CONFIRMED. If this post gets, say, 10 stars, every theory we've been discussing comes out from behind spoiler tags - even though they might be based in some kind of vague truth - and we can discuss them freely and openly. Just so there's SOME kind of tangible, "Okay, we're doing this" warning/agreement.
Ag Since 83
AG
TCTTS said:

How about this... STAR THIS POST if you agree that spoiler tags should only be reserved for actual, tangible spoilers; meaning major plot points that have been CONFIRMED. If this post gets, say, 10 stars, every theory we've been discussing comes out from behind spoiler tags and we can discuss them freely.
How are you defining confirmed? Is Muckraker's info "confirmed" because given the supposed source I think that's a real spoiler.
The Collective
AG
While Spilner is away, we make the rules.
TCTTS
AG
Reported and confirmed by a reputable outlet? Honestly, I don't know. I believe Muck's info is legit too, which is what makes this tricky.
bobinator
AG
I actually have a solution for this, which is to not directly reference what was in Muck's post. We were already discussing similar theories and questions, so the discussion itself isn't a spoiler. Just don't say something "well we know from Muck's post that..."

By confirmed spoiler though I usually mean stuff like unofficial set photos or whatever.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, but people are going to put two-and-two together regardless and immediately realize the discussion originated from Muck's post. Personally, his posts are so vague that I don't think it matters.
TCTTS
AG
And there it is. The stars have it.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, and now someone TOOK AWAY their star. Back to nine! The drama!
TCTTS
AG
11!
bobinator
AG
So now that we can openly discuss how Finn is Darth Maul's son, what does that mean for the rest of the movie?
Dro07
AG
haha sorry I did it for a second but put it back
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
TCTTS
AG
Have you seen the set pics with Finn having grown horns? So cool...
4stringAg
AG
bobinator said:

Plagueis creating Anakin is the other thing I considered on my Anakin Skywalker thing, but we've never gotten any sort of solid timeline for when Sidious killed Plagueis.
I've seen on a few Youtube vids posted about Sidious/Plagueis that he was killed sometime around the time Palpatine became ambassador of Naboo. Have no idea how accurate that is.
First Page Last Page
Page 58 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.