*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

747,833 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

FFS, now we're going to take all 6 of the first movies and throw them in the trash with a "gotcha" reveal in 9?

Y'all really think it's so complicated?
Why is it a "gotcha" reveal when NOTHING has been said to the contrary? I keep asking for examples and you guys won't provide any substantive answers. Ha, this is such a strange convo.
COOL LASER FALCON
I'm not totally following the conversation here, but I'm pretty sure Anakin's father has been revealed in the comics.
TCTTS
AG
Even more evidence! Thank you.
PatAg
AG
For me, I somehow never saw or contemplated this theory about Palpatine. So...My first reaction was "you're stupid and anyone that believes this theory was stupid".
Didn't type it and hit post though!
It's definitely possible once you think about it, imo
Belton Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

But nothing other than that vague reference and a prophecy has been definitively presented in canon. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Why couldn't Palpatine have been the reason for the high midi-chlorian count? I'm not saying he IS the reason, I'm just wondering how you guys are so sure he's NOT? My only point is that none of us know for sure yet. And you guys seem to be saying, "Actually, we do know for sure because... canon." And then I ask, "What canon." And then your answers seem to be references to a couple of vague in-movie statements?
Thought about that earlier. It is odd that Lucasfilm has never once touched upon that scene in all the media they've produced over the years since ROTS. Surely they couldn't have been "saving" to be unleashed at the end.
wangus12
AG
They are live watching the trailer on the radio on my drive home
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PatAg
AG
Again, dream sequence isn't really fact either. Basically there is nothing to prove it true or false currently.
TCTTS
AG
I don't even know if I like the theory myself. I'm just simply asking for examples where it is definitively stated that it couldn't be the case. And a couple of posters then keep giving these weird/vague answers that they think "prove" that Palpatine didn't do it, when their answers don't prove that at all.
PatAg
AG
I would assume the people on the radio are watching it and reacting. The listener hears the reaction and the audio from the trailer.
TCTTS
AG
Which is exactly my point.
PatAg
AG
I think they are reacting the way I did, but hitting post instead of thinking about it a bit more.
Or maybe they think you are saying their assumption is wrong, when you are actually saying it could be your theory instead
You aren't saying they are 100% wrong.

Who knows, internet convos are murky at best
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

Even more evidence! Thank you.

Jesus a dream sequence counting as evidence? On the same day where the words of Shmi and Qui-Gon are discounted because Sidious talked about a story that might have happened with powers that might actually be possibly learned from a dead Sith Lord.

What the **** is going on in this thread?
WestAustinAg
AG
The new theory and the new trailer has got me like...

redline248
AG
Comics are only sort of canon.
wangus12
AG
I mean if you haven't watched the trailer in the 3 hours its been out, its your own fault
PatAg
AG
People have strong feelings about star wars... probably stronger than any political,religious,or social beliefs for a lot of people
John Matrix
AG
wangus12 said:

redline248 said:

It just hit me, the current legacy of some of our favorite characters are the failures of Han/Leia as parents and of Luke as a teacher.
That is not acceptable

That actually the point of the final shot in TLJ- Luke, after having failed with Kylo, finally faces his failure and inspires another generation. TLJ has many flaws, but that last shot is everything Star Wars is about.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PatAg
AG
So add this movie to the see on opening day list with End Game. Can't have that spoiled or it will be like that old video where the kids spoil Harry Potter outside a Barnes and nobles...except instead of yelling"noooo" it might be a felony assault.
redline248
AG
Is the burden to prove Palps didn't create him, when nothing in the movies suggests it? Or is the burden to offer proof of why we should consider it as a possibility?
PatAg
AG
I hate that he died, but that shot of him levitating after the action sequence was pretty great.
PatAg
AG
redline248 said:

Is the burden to prove Palps didn't create him, when nothing in the movies suggests it? Or is the burden to offer proof of why we should consider it as a possibility?

THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON THE STATE PROVE MY CLIENTS PARTICIPATION IN THE ALLEGED EVENTS.....wait what are we talking about?
maroon man
S
I'm one of the few here that thought Luke's moment there was one of..if not THE best moment in Star Wars.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PatAg
AG
I'm hoping once the trilogy wraps up and we get some time separation, more people will look back on it that way. He basically did something we didn't even know was possible
bobinator
AG
redline248 said:

Is the burden to prove Palps didn't create him, when nothing in the movies suggests it?
I think the issue we're having here is that there is definitely a suggestion in the movies, and you don't seem to be recognizing that.

This scene right here certainly suggests it.

The other issue is that I didn't use 'probably' in my third post about it because I was lazy, so it looks like a couple of people thought I was saying that as fact when really I'm only saying it in theory.

But I think it's a perfectly plausible theory, that's definitely been hinted at in the movies.
jr15aggie
AG
PatAg said:

I hate that he died, but that shot of him levitating after the action sequence was pretty great.

I can definitely see how Rian felt like he was giving Luke such a great moment... and he did in a way!

The problem was and is that so many fans had such a different vision for Luke in this trilogy. Hopefully JJ really wows us and ties it all together so that more people can appreciate TLJ and how it set up a great "conclusion".
redline248
AG
Do we need Muck to create a prediction spreadsheet for us to say whether Anakin's origin is covered in 9?
PatAg
AG
C@LAg said:

maroon man said:

I'm one of the few here that thought Luke's moment there was one of..if not THE best moment in Star Wars.
No. The BEST moment was Han/Leia sequence in the carbonite chamber.

My favorite is Binary Sunrise with yours as a close second. Third is anytime Chewie does anything, but probably the smug ass stretch after Han warns 3P0 about how Wookies handle losing.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Just accept that its quantum theory and you can both be right.

Belton Ag
AG
My favorite moment was Vader picking up Palpatine and throwing him over the ledge. I saw this in the theater in '83 and it blew me away. Later on it was cheapened by Lucas adding "noooo," but the original is still my favorite.
redline248
AG
bobinator said:

redline248 said:

Is the burden to prove Palps didn't create him, when nothing in the movies suggests it?
I think the issue we're having here is that there is definitely a suggestion in the movies, and you don't seem to be recognizing that.

This scene right here certainly suggests it.

The other issue is that I didn't use 'probably' in my third post about it because I was lazy, so it looks like a couple of people thought I was saying that as fact when really I'm only saying it in theory.

But I think it's a perfectly plausible theory, that's definitely been hinted at in the movies.

Maybe it's splitting hairs, but does that scene suggest someone created Anakin, or does it just suggest that the ability to manipulate the Force in such a way is possible?
First Page Last Page
Page 51 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.