*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

749,102 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But not with new dialogue.
Beat40
I actually really want Luke to appear to both Rey and Kylo at some point. That would be cool.
PatAg
AG
I'm with you, there is no way he isn't in the movie in some regard. But they have made some questionable choices, I just personally trust JJ to do it right
TCTTS
AG
Downloadable, super-high-quality versions of the trailer for those, like me, obsessed with video quality and can't stand YouTube's compression. Been waiting to do multiple rewatches until this dropped...

https://thedigitaltheater.com/star-wars-episode-ix-2019/
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

If Palpatine created Anakin, "the dark side," in effect, created the Skywalkers. Why do you say otherwise?

That's a big "if" you start with.
TCTTS
AG
Right. Point is, we don't know either way yet, so your definitive "no" is just as arbitrary as anyone else's definitive "yes."
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

This will be the 2nd highest grossing film of the year, right below Avengers: Endgame and above The Lion King.

Depending how good it is... it could easily be #1 and surpass TFA too. First $1B Domestic BO???..... we'll see.

But it could be good and still hit $750-800M. I don't see any way it is below that.
Carlo4
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

This will be the 2nd highest grossing film of the year, right below Avengers: Endgame and above The Lion King.

Depending how good it is... it could easily be #1 and surpass TFA too. First $1B Domestic BO???..... we'll see.

But it could be good and still hit $750-800M. I don't see any way it is below that.

Key word is end of year. IX won't have the time to make it that high in 2019... or will it?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hi-res shots from the official site

veryfuller
Staff
AG
Box office gets counted for a film in the year it was released, even if it makes money in a different calendar year.
TCTTS
AG
I don't think anyone here is talking about the calendar year. I think it's just which makes more, period.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
PDEMDHC said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Key word is end of year. IX won't have the time to make it that high in 2019... or will it?
The box office total is for movie s that come out in a certain year whether its Jan 1 or Dec 31, the entire run of the box office counts for the year it was released.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Cyp0111 said:

Anakin was created by Palpatine to overtake the Jedi from within. This setoff the legacy of Skywalkers which essentially shaped the story for 50+ years setting off pure destruction. What if Rey was also created by "no one" and sent there to close the loop per se on the remaining Skywalker bloodline.

created by the same (I hate to say it) .... midichlorians. Some Darth DNA.
Carlo4
AG
veryfuller said:

Box office gets counted for a film in the year it was released, even if it makes money in a different calendar year.

Thanks!
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Right. Point is, we don't know either way yet, so your definitive "no" is just as arbitrary as anyone else's definitive "yes."

What we do know is the Jedi believed in a prophesy that the Force would choose someone, through a virgin birth, to restore balance. Anakin was that person, even if it took him 20 years of wandering in the dark side's desert before he did it.

To come in the final movie of the saga, 30+ years after he did that, and say "oh he was really created by a Sith" would be dumb.
TCTTS
AG
Eh. You seem to be making some hardline proclamations because you want them to be true, not because they've been definitively decided yet.
Satellite of Love
TCTTS said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Dekker_Lentz said:

TCTTS said:

Palpatine is BACK.

I'd say that might just confirm the latest theory we've been discussing...

Yeah. I think so.

What theory?

My post near the bottom of page 37. But please, keep any discussion of it in spoiler tags, as it's looking to potentially have at least a shred of truth to it.
Yea but for that to be remotely possible his hand would have to escape the bottom of Cloud City, and then somehow escape the gravitational force of Bespin. Then freely float through space and what are the odds someone could locate what planet the severed hand fell to. Lets not forget the potential desitigration of any biological matter as it entered an atmosphere.

My take is that Rey is Han and Leia's daughter. They go back to the old cannon to give fans justice. Kylo and Rey are twins
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

Did you guys not hear Luke in the trailer? I'm confused as to how people are questioning whether he's going to be in the movie or not when he's literally in the trailer.

I was talking about Anakin/Darth.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Is Hayden christiansen going to be able to get away from his shift at Best Buy?

Darth more likely than Anakin. you can do flashbacks of Darth much easier - just need the voice and he's still alive (but they need to autotune his register down an octave he's lost some of the depth).
jabberwalkie09
AG
bobinator said:

I disagree, I think her being nobody is the basically the point.

That's fine, and I still disagree that this whole she's no one is a slap in the face to not only fans but also to the story that Lucas created with the OT and PT. The trilogies have always been about the Skywalkers.
Quote:

The dark side created the Skywalkers, where the light found Rey. The dark side chose the person to be strong with the force, but the force itself chose Rey because of her character/morals/whatever.

Afaik, Darth Plagiues' experiment still falls under Legends continuity unless it was canonized. It's a popular theory that he created, either directly or indirectly, Anakin who eventually ironically destroyed the Sith in ROTJ but I don't think that was actually canonized.

Even if what you said was actually the case, that's some contrived reasoning for why Rey was chosen (character/morals/whatever). So with that in mind, simplicity cuts out a lot of questions as to how and what happened to where she ended up. So, Rey is a Skywalker.
Quote:

I think for her to somehow by a secret Skywalker or something at this point would just be like "we give up, they're all related. Like five people hold this whole galaxy together."

Do they hold it together? The Sith have existed for some time and the argument can be made that the Jedi's own hubris led to their own destruction. The struggle I'm sure will go on in some manner, but to end the Skywalker saga on a note where the last surviving Skywalker is Kylo Ren would just be a back hand to everything involving Anakin's redemption and Luke's journey to the fans.

Anakin drove The Republic to ruin, Hell he helped! Luke helped in his redemption, ending the Sith threat he helped foster. After ROTJ, Luke started his own school but left after not following through on his intent to murder his own nephew for whatever the reason. The New Republic government in the ST let the First Order continue unabated, which culminated in what we saw in TFA. The people's own inaction led to that outcome.

YMMV I guess.
TCTTS
AG
Satellite of Love said:

TCTTS said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Dekker_Lentz said:

TCTTS said:

Palpatine is BACK.

I'd say that might just confirm the latest theory we've been discussing...

Yeah. I think so.

What theory?

My post near the bottom of page 37. But please, keep any discussion of it in spoiler tags, as it's looking to potentially have at least a shred of truth to it.
Yea but for that to be remotely possible his hand would have to escape the bottom of Cloud City, and then somehow escape the gravitational force of Bespin. Then freely float through space and what are the odds someone could locate what planet the severed hand fell to. Lets not forget the potential desitigration of any biological matter as it entered an atmosphere.

My take is that Rey is Han and Leia's daughter. They go back to the old cannon to give fans justice. Kylo and Rey are twins

If I had to choose between those two scenarios, I would much rather believe in the scientific impossibilities of a hand "surviving" all that than Han and Leia somehow losing/giving up Rey. It would make me straight up dislike them if that came to pass. Also, the hand thing doesn't have to be that it made it all the way to Jakku. Palapatine could have "easily" fetched it out of some shaft in Cloud City and then set up the experiment itself on Jakku.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
PDEMDHC said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Oh well if you mean "of the year" to say how much it makes in that calendar year.

Lots of people people mean the highest grossing movie released that year when they compare. Why would anyone divide a films revenue across years when talking about highest grosses for BO.

Highest grossing of 20xx usually means films released that year.
4stringAg
AG
What is that being welded right after the Kylo light saber clip?
PatAg
AG
Top tier gif usage.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
This may have been mentioned in the 500 replies today, but what if what they are going after is Vader's lightsaber? This story has to tie back in to the prequels somehow, so an object of Anakin's being the Mcguffin makes sense to me.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Luke's VO - if it is actually from the film - could easily be him talking to Kylo Ren, with the "we" being he and Leia.

If Ben Solo were to die heroically, you could steal a page from Harry Potter and have Luke and Leia both appear as force ghosts to him before he dies, much like James, Lily, Remus and Sirius do for HP
PatAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Luke's VO - if it is actually from the film - could easily be him talking to Kylo Ren, with the "we" being he and Leia.

If Ben Solo were to die heroically, you could steal a page from Harry Potter and have Luke and Leia both appear as force ghosts to him before he dies, much like James, Lily, Remus and Sirius do for HP

Luke and Leia? Do you know something about Ben's parentage we don't?
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Eh. You seem to be making some hardline proclamations because you want them to be true, not because they've been definitively decided yet.

I don't want anything. This is what I believe based on the FACTS presented in the movies.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
HIs two greatest teachers before turning to Snoke were Luke and LEia
redline248
AG
It just hit me, the current legacy of some of our favorite characters are the failures of Han/Leia as parents and of Luke as a teacher.
jabberwalkie09
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

HIs two greatest teachers before turning to Snoke were Luke and LEia

Did I miss where Leia taught him something? Or when she was taught?
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I'm just going off of the definitive statement YOU made that clearly wasn't definitive. We don't know how Anakin was created. None of the movies have answered that question. "Virgin birth" doesn't exclude Palaptine tampering in some way. That's all I'm saying. A poster made a claim that Anakin was created by the dark side. And then you answered with a definitive "No he wasn't." My only point is that your statement is just as arbitrary as his statement, because we don't know for sure yet.
MandoArms
To be fair the full prophecy has never been revealed in the movies just a few mentions of it, and it is phrased differently several times. All we know is how the Jedi interpret the prophecy and not what the prophecy actually says.

IG: mando_arms
jokershady
AG
4stringAg said:

What is that being welded right after the Kylo light saber clip?
looks like Kylos helmet
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, I'm just going off of the definitive statement YOU made that clearly wasn't definitive. We don't know how Anakin was created. None of the movies have answered that question. "Virgin birth" doesn't exclude Palaptine tampering in some way. That's all I'm saying. A poster made a claim that Anakin was created by the dark side. And then you answered with a definitive "No he wasn't." My only point is that your statement is just as arbitrary as his statement, because we don't know for sure yet.

Because from a canonical stand point, he wasn't. And until that changes in some fashion in IX, he still wasn't. As I mentioned in my post, the Plagiues story is still in Legends continuity afaik, and thus not canon. So immaculate conception still plays out as the random chance encounters of the franchise.

Seems like a proper stance to take on something that has been shown in canon in one way and hasn't been definitively shown to be factually incorrect.

The force works in mysterious ways.
First Page Last Page
Page 49 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.