*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

747,639 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NO teaser poster? The TLJ one was awesome
TCTTS
AG
I'm thinking this overtakes Endgame now, especially with Endgame's three-hour runtime.
Beat40
I don't know. After that teaser, it might be at the top.
amercer
AG
But which will the trolls trash more???
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cyp0111
Anakin was created by Palpatine to overtake the Jedi from within. This setoff the legacy of Skywalkers which essentially shaped the story for 50+ years setting off pure destruction. What if Rey was also created by "no one" and sent there to close the loop per se on the remaining Skywalker bloodline.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, they're clearly going all-in in the "end of the saga" angle with the marketing, and I think that basically not only erases any ill will from TLJ, but sends this into the stratosphere, box-office-wise.
jabberwalkie09
AG
bobinator said:

PatAg said:

Also, kylo could very well believe what he saw that made him say she's no one. Doesn't mean it's true.
I just refuse to think that they might walk back the themes of Rey being noone.

I feel like they need to reverse that. If she stays a no one, I feel like that's the biggest slap in the face to a fan at any level who specifically watches the Skywalker saga/episodic films. Anakin/Vader and Luke are arguably the two most powerful force users in canon. Mace Windu and Yoda are close behind. Hell, even Leia without any apparent training showed some adept in TLJ.

Being of the same lineage would at least partially explain how she came to grips with the force in a short time and her strength with the force. Rebels reinforced that force sensitive children continued to appear during the period between the PT and OT, and during the OT itself.
amercer
AG
She could be a nobody and a force sensitive child.

I'm sure there will be a Luke Force ghost chat where he lets her know that the Force chose her for some reason
amercer
AG
Still wish they'd throw Kenobi into this somewhere
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

TPM teaser

Poetry
512Ag
AG
Oh man, that was great.
redline248
AG
TCTTS said:

Is "The Rise of Skywalker"...

A) Luke "rising" from the dead as a Force ghost to come kick ass once and for all?
B) Rey "rising" to the occasion as the last Skywalker? (and is in some way related to Luke)
C) Kylo "rising" from the ashes of The First Order to be redeemed in some way?
D) The Resistance "rising" and eventually calling themselves "Skywalkers" as a tribute?
E) None of the above / something completely unexpected?
Was away from the thread for a while, sorry if this was already mentioned...

I think Skywalker will be the name Rey gives to her new order of Force users.
amercer
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, they're clearly going all-in in the "end of the saga" angle with the marketing, and I think that basically not only erases any ill will from TLJ, but sends this into the stratosphere, box-office-wise.

JJ has some faults as a filmmaker. Low box office numbers isn't one of them.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
That
Was
Awesome
jabberwalkie09
AG
amercer said:

She could be a nobody and a force sensitive child.

I'm sure there will be a Luke Force ghost chat where he lets her know that the Force chose her for some reason

Ahsoka and Ezra who are some of the stronger force wielding characters didn't hold a candle to Vader. And Ahsoka was his padawan. If it wasn't for Anakin's hubris, Kenobi probably wouldn't have stood much of a chance either imo.

There's something to be said for the Skywalker bloodline.
The Collective
AG
amercer said:

But which will the trolls trash more???

Star Wars is probably the easier franchise to troll
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My 2 cents on the title, no spoiler tags cuz I made it up in my head.

Good guys and bad guys both looking for something they think is in Palpatine's chambers on DS2. They all get there to realize what they are looking for is not there, rather its's some sort of doomsday device Palpatine left behind to rip the galaxy apart, because if you know one thing about Palpy - either he was going to be in charge, or nobody was going to be in charge.

Maybe he's left behind a recording or an AI or whatever - thus the laughter ending the trailer, but much like in National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets, the good guys and the bad guys have to work together to stop it and get out alive.

But the only way to stop it is self-sacrifice and thus Kylo Ren casts aside his mantle as their heir to Darth Vader and sacrifices himself to stop Palpatine and save the galaxy,, thus becoming the embodiment and heir to Anakin and Luke, and becoming a Skywalker himself - some sort of big-time Force-powered maneuver like Kaanan in Rebels or how Thor gets his hammer in Infinity War.

He steps back into the light at the last moment.

To me, if Palpatine and Luke are involved, this movie screams flashbacks. Rey had them in TFA, wouldn't it be great to have Ben Solo flashback to the final Luke/Vader/Palps battle on DS2 and see what his grandfather really did?
bobinator
AG
I disagree, I think her being nobody is the basically the point.

The dark side created the Skywalkers, where the light found Rey. The dark side chose the person to be strong with the force, but the force itself chose Rey because of her character/morals/whatever.

I think for her to somehow by a secret Skywalker or something at this point would just be like "we give up, they're all related. Like five people hold this whole galaxy together."
PatAg
AG
ATM1876 said:

Cee gee said:

ATM1876 said:

Why isn't the interceptor shooting at Rey..
Dude, she's running and smaller than a two meter target. That's impossible, even for a computer! And, the pilot didn't used to bullseye womp rats in his T-16 back home.

Also, it's more personal to get up close and splatter them.
bobinator
AG

Quote:

I think Skywalker will be the name Rey gives to her new order of Force users.

I do like this! Instead of "The Jedi" they are "The Skywalker"?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

This will be the 2nd highest grossing film of the year, right below Avengers: Endgame and above The Lion King.
Lion King will not hold a candle in the wind to Frozen 2 on Thanksgiving.
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

This will be the 2nd highest grossing film of the year, right below Avengers: Endgame and above The Lion King.
I hope this didn't set of a pissing contest...

Both of those movies are going to make insane money. The run-time of Endgame will have a negative impact on its earnings, meaning it likely won't reach the same level that IW did. But what if TROS has a similarly long run-time?

I think, with the ending of a saga marketing they are clearly going with for TROS, that movie is going to explode like TFA did.

I said on the Godzilla thread that this was my second-most anticipated movie for the year (behind Endgame). That remains the case, but with this teaser, all the aggravation over TLJ has been swept away and now I have much more faith that they are going to deliver the goods. TFA and TLJ had a lot of obvious similarities to ANH and TESB, whereas TROS does not appear to have any obvious rehashing of stuff we've seen before in terms of story or action pieces, meaning it does not appear to be a rehashing of ROTJ. That should make this a much more refreshing and original movie than either of the sequels have been thus far, and end this saga on quite a high note. And with a hell of a lot of cash in the Disney coffers.
redline248
AG
bobinator said:

I disagree, I think her being nobody is the basically the point.

The dark side created the Skywalkers, where the light found Rey. The dark side chose the person to be strong with the force, but the force itself chose Rey because of her character/morals/whatever.

I think for her to somehow by a secret Skywalker or something at this point would just be like "we give up, they're all related. Like five people hold this whole galaxy together."
No it didn't
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
bobinator said:

wangus12 said:

I'm still holding out hope that Luke is gonna make an appearance
At this point I'm 100% certain that Luke will make some kind of appearance.

I'm also roughly 100% certain that Anakin will make some kind of appearance.

Me too..... that was a major takeaway for me.

Especially considering the title - there is no way this is called "Skywalker" in the title and he isn't somehow included.

TCTTS
AG
If Palpatine created Anakin, "the dark side," in effect, created the Skywalkers. Why do you say otherwise?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
you guys realize Luke was announced in the official cast months ago, right?
PatAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

you guys realize Luke was announced in the official cast months ago, right?

That can be for a variety of reasons
TCTTS
AG
Did you guys not hear Luke in the trailer? I'm confused as to how people are questioning whether he's going to be in the movie or not when he's literally in the trailer.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Is Hayden christiansen going to be able to get away from his shift at Best Buy?
PatAg
AG
Everyone's assuming Luke and Anakin would appear to Rey..what if one or both appear to Kylo
maroon man
S
TCTTS said:

Did you guys not hear Luke in the trailer? I'm confused as to how people are questioning whether he's going to be in the movie or not when he's literally in the trailer.
Indeed...and I think we see him in the first longer trailer.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

oragator said:

Holy crap, yeah I will sound like a wuss, but where it says "the saga comes to an end" nearly brought me to tears.

"We'll always be with you. No one's ever really gone."

That did the same for me.

Goosebumps were building for me with both of those..... and then the Leia/Rey moment just overwhelmed me. Really really emotional. I had to rewatch 4 or 5 times before I could even focus beyond that the rest was a blur on first viewing.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

We heard obi wan in a trailer before
First Page Last Page
Page 48 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.