*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

747,737 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's not the same thing and you know it. He had already posted a link and gave people the option to not click it. You decided it wasn't credible and posted it, and bolded it, for everyone to see.

That reddit post was just a theory from a random person on who's not even involved in the industry. A literal nobody. Just wanted to get some discussion going on what I thought would be a cool title.

You know damn well that with Celebration just a few weeks away, and with that poster leak, all rumors are much more credible now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't see the point in having spoiler tags, when they are so easy to use and are specifically designed for that kind of post, if they're not going to be used. And it wasn't even HIS post to begin with.
TCTTS
AG
It's the principle of the matter. It's that we ALL have to walk on egg shells around here for YOU. We have to question every last post and ask ourselves, "Could BES potentially interpret this is a spoiler?" You have to step back and realize how ridiculous your requests are every so often, and how much it hinders the conversation at times.

I've tried over and over and over - for years, literally - to accommodate what you deem as "spoilers," even though you are, hands down, the most spoiler sensitive human being I have ever encountered, in either real life or on the web. Nevertheless, it felt like we had finally settled on a "If it hasn't been released officially, put it in spoiler tags" policy, which I've been totally fine with and bent over backwards to accommodate. Even when it's certain things like seeing Rey in a super blurry, slightly different costume than the last go around, I haven't posted a pic like that out of respect to YOU. Even though you'll be seeing literally the same costume here in a couple weeks - MONTHS before the movie itself is in theaters. So I'm even making sure that your MARKETING experience isn't "spoiled," which seems insane to me, never mind not coming remotely close to spoiling the movie itself.

When it comes to the title, however, we've speculated endlessly in this thread, have posted links from other sites and "scoops" and have never once used spoiler tags in any of that speculation. And now, when the SISTER of the most washed up movie blogger in the game posts a super sh*tty potential title, you want spoiler tags? Are you kidding me? After you yourself posted that "A New Order" title simply because someone else had already suggested it? Give me a break. It's still the same level of "spoiler" even if someone else already randomly guessed it.

Sure, I could have EASILY spoiler tagged the title in my post. But again, it's the principle of the matter. I refuse to bend over backwards THAT MUCH just so your MARKETING experience can remain intact. Just so you can have this perfectly precious Celebration experience - which, in and of itself, I think is awesome - but holy hell I've never, ever seen one person request so much that we ALL bend to what their definition of what a spoiler is more than you. Maybe - you know - don't talk on an entertainment message board if the experience of being the whitest of virgins means so much to you when it comes to, again, the MARKETING of a movie.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
*clicks on thread*
*glances at recent posts*
Thanks and gig'em
TCTTS
AG
And for the record, just so I'm being crystal clear, I've never once advocated for outright discussion of legit spoilers unless it was in a spoiler-dedicated thread or X amount of days after the release of said movie/show. I'm not saying, "It's crazy that we can't talk about the end of Episode IX" here. But we used to be able to post stuff like a blurry character shot in threads like this, or discuss the very basic plot mechanics of a movie without you crying about spoilers all the time. Over the years, however, bit by bit, post by post, the more inches we've given in accommodating you, the more miles you've taken, so to speak, to the point where you're now asking us to not even post the speculative title of a movie, reported by a site that hasn't been remotely relevant in a decade. Heck, even if that ends up being the title, or even if Slash Film - or anyone else way more legit than AICN - came out and speculated on the title like that, or said they had a similar "source" - who ******* cares if you know it two weeks before the trailer comes out? Again, you're asking that your MARKETING experience not be spoiled, which is a whole other level of accommodation and insanity, and something I'm simply not going to be a part of. This is a thread dedicated to discussing Star Wars Episode IX months and months in advance of its eventual theatrical release. You can't keep popping in and asking that everything but, say, Character-X-is-more-powerful-than-Character-Y talk be tagged with spoilers. It's absurd.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Feel better?

You clearly have a personal problem here. I'm out.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, yes. That's... the whole point of what I've been saying. I *do* have a personal problem. With your constant, irrational spoiler requests. And yes, I *do* feel better, thank you for asking. Especially if you being "out" now means we can discuss/post even a little more freely here. Thanks!
jabberwalkie09
AG
What the **** happened in this thread?
Ag Since 83
AG
This discussion seems as productive as this fight

Bruce Almighty
AG
The Collective
AG
Got damn. Entertainment board is serious business.
The Shank Ag
Totally with T here. The guy named after the most spare character from the most spare franchise getting butthurt over title speculation of a movie is so asinine and petty that his exodus from this thread would be welcomed and a relief.
redline248
AG
Move along, everyone
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Feel better?

You clearly have a personal problem here. I'm out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I didn't mean I was leaving the thread, just ejecting from this particular discussion. But it's clear that my posting isn't welcome in this thread.

I always love a good discussion and speculation, but my line for what could be construed as spoilers (ie. "scoops", beyond just speculation), is not the same as most of yours.

If this is the widely held view on me, I can certainly recognize that I am likely in the wrong, and probably best to just eject or at best, lurk in this thread.

I'll leave you all to it.
mazag08
AG
What did you do? Say something bad about liberals?
Rex Racer
AG
Can't we all just get along? [/Rodney King]
jabberwalkie09
AG
mazag08 said:

What did you do? Say something bad about liberals?

BES said something, TCTTS got his jimmies rustled and ranted/railed for several posts. Scroll upward and I think it's still there.
twilly
AG
I'll say one thing Brian, if you are truly wanting to not hear any "spoilers" about Ep. IX, better take some earplugs to Celebration.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I didn't mean I was leaving the thread, just ejecting from this particular discussion. But it's clear that my posting isn't welcome in this thread.

I always love a good discussion and speculation, but my line for what could be construed as spoilers (ie. "scoops", beyond just speculation), is not the same as most of yours.

If this is the widely held view on me, I can certainly recognize that I am likely in the wrong, and probably best to just eject or at best, lurk in this thread.

Brian I always enjoy your commentary, except when you act like Revenge of the SIth is better than Return of the Jedi, and your knowledge of the soundtracks is the second best on this thread But I'm going to give you the same advice I give my 7 year olds:

"Stop being a baby."

Stay on the thread, leave the thread, nobody cares. We're not a bunch of women getting together every Wednesday for brunch and canasta at the club and gossiping about each other, we're a bunch of guys who love Star Wars. Stop taking yourself so damn seriously. I have been way guilty of that, TC has been way guilty of it, we're all wrong. When you get this pissed off at the Internet, it's time to go walk your dog or play with your kids, or hit on a pretty girl at the bar you have no chance at.

In a couple of weeks you'll know more about Episode IX than anyone of us, because as far as I know nobody else is going to Chicago. If the rumored AICN title had been "Greedo Returns from the Dead and Marries Captain Phasma" would you have cared so much? Cuz that title is as likely as "Skywalkers".

This is it for the Skywalker saga. I've been talking to some of you idiots for 8+ years. Let's just enjoy the thing without having to get so angry about little things, eh?
AggieLitigator
TCTTS said:

Ha, yes. That's... the whole point of what I've been saying. I *do* have a personal problem. With your constant, irrational spoiler requests. And yes, I *do* feel better, thank you for asking. Especially if you being "out" now means we can discuss/post even a little more freely here. Thanks!

I agree with your position but you explain it like a complete *****. If that's what brings you joy then I feel bad for you. Feel free to attack me like you did the other guy.
TCTTS
AG
I was meeting sarcasm with sarcasm. Chill out.
The Collective
AG
The whole argument was cringey. Best to just move forward.
maca1028
Damn...saw a bunch of replies on my watchlist and thought maybe a movie poster or title dropped today.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AggieLitigator said:

Feel free to attack me like you did the other guy.
You forgot your Internet tough guy memes for this fantastic post that makes TC and BES both look like geniuses.

PatAg
AG
So did no one else just scroll down past their long posts at each other?

Star Wars : A Walk in the Sky
jokershady
AG
Hey look! It's a funny cat video compilation!

***crawls under the covers and waits for his 2 parents to stop fighting***

jokershady
AG
And seeing this is all about spoilers....here go!

twilly
AG
Never mind....I forgot what today is...
TCTTS
AG
Urban Ag
AG
For all the beeeeotching and whining about how mediocre TFA is and how abysmal TLJ is, I still want IX to be good. I'll still see it in the first few days and drag the wife and kids along with me.

My point? F it, I don't really have one. Just have fun with this guys.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brilliant APril Fool's joke on TheForce.net today saying the EPisode IX panel in Chicago had been moved to April 15 because JJ and KK were busy that Friday, and that people would get a free bag of popcorn in line.

TheForce.net's discussion boards had a 15-30 minute collective heart attack before they figured it out.
agracer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

you got bent out a shape a few pages ago b/c I posted the color of someone's costume and that was somehow a "spoiler"....
Flashdiaz
AG

days until Celebration!
First Page Last Page
Page 35 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.