*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

749,077 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure we can really argue about spoilers when Disney freely teased a moment like this weeks before the Last Jedi hit the big screen.
Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

Not sure we can really argue about spoilers when Disney freely teased a moment like this weeks before the Last Jedi hit the big screen.

i'm one of those that avoids commercials when it's a month out just because they start showing things like this.

I successfully avoided that commercial until one of my jackass friends texts me "Rey with Kylo's saber,
WTH" 2 days before it opened.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Flashdiaz said:

CJS4715 said:

i'm one of those that avoids commercials when it's a month out just because they start showing things like this.

I successfully avoided that commercial until one of my jackass friends texts me "Rey with Kylo's saber,
WTH" 2 days before it opened.
I hope you executed a huge, sprawling rant to your friend about what a spoiler is vs. what a commercial is that bogged down a major message board to teach him a lesson.
Flashdiaz
AG
nah, I called him a dick then we drank beer.
TCTTS
AG
I would love to have a beer with BES.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Same.
TCTTS
AG
One of these days we'll make it happen.
bearamedic99
AG
I'm hoping one day soon, TCTTS's production company hits it huge and he can fly all of us out for a beer....
bearamedic99
AG
Soooo, TCTTS, we're waiting.

Hurry up with becoming rich

TCTTS
AG
Ha, trying! Got some big stuff cooking...
Mr. White
TCTTS said:

Ha, trying! Got some big stuff cooking...

"You guys like 'Mall Cop', yeah? We're reimagining it! A twelve year old feminist who's out to brutalize the old way of policing malls...'Small Cop'!"

Trying too hard?
Bruce Almighty
AG
bearamedic99 said:

I'm hoping one day soon, TCTTS's production company hits it huge and he can fly all of us out for a beer....

We can all show up with "Hello my name is _________" tags on our shirt with our usernames written in sharpie.
Sex Panther
AG
I actually have had a beer with TC... and then a bunch of shots
TCTTS
AG
At an adult video store, no less...
Belton Ag
AG
I'll be in LA in August. Text me your address and I'll come crash at your place. We'll hang out and you can introduce me to all kinds of celebrity chicks. Make sure you stock your fridge up with lots of Natty.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I feel like we need a story here.

Y'all CS buddies? And did we have an adult video store?
Urban Ag
AG
Belton Ag said:

I'll be in LA in August. Text me your address and I'll come crash at your place. We'll hang out and you can introduce me all kinds of celebrity chicks. Make sure you stock your fridge up with lots of Natty.
That me reminds of something. Back in 98 me and this guy I worked with in Dallas were out in LA for the week. We're driving back to the hotel and he says hey, you want to go out with me and Vince Vaughn tonight? This guy went to high school with him in Chicago and liked to name drop that all the time. So I'm like hell yeah I'm in.

So about an hour later we're in the hotel bar having beers and his phone rings and my friend says Vince is pulling up. So we walk out and Vince pulls up in some convertible with Callista Flockhart in the passenger seat. My buddy looks at me and says "I didn't know she was coming, I better ask Vince if it's cool if you come too". So he walks over and they bro hug and all three of them light up cigarettes and are talking. Then my buddy looks back at me and shakes his head "no" and they drive off. The end.

Cool story bro.
Beat40
Here's a question for y'all.

You are tasked with coming up with the marketing for episode IX in the lead up to it's release. You have seen all of the negative comments around TLJ and how that most likely played a part in a bit of a sub-par performance in theaters for SOLO.

What do you do to generate the hype for episode IX?

What does the first trailer for episode IX look like to create maximum hype?
TCTTS
AG
I would lean on nostalgia as much as humanly possible, a la the teaser trailer for Revenge of the Sith, except even more so. I would constantly cut back and forth between new and old footage, and make it absolutely crystal clear that this is the end of the Skywalker saga. Almost more of a retrospective of the franchise than anything else, one that highlights how this movie is going to bring all that home.

TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I feel like we need a story here.

Y'all CS buddies? And did we have an adult video store?

Ha, no, SP was out in LA once seeing friends and we met up. That's all. And at one point we went to a bar that had an entry way that was decorated to look like an adult video store.
TCTTS
AG
Wow. That's messed up. I now have a little less respect for Vince Vaughn. As they drove off, you should have yelled, "The Psycho shot-for-shot remake was a piece a sh*t!"
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Didn't Disney just do that with Endgame?

TCTTS
AG
Exactly.
The Collective
AG
Basically, Disney should just drop the "Always" video that Topher Grace cut.
FTACO97
AG
TCTTS said:

I would lean on nostalgia as much as humanly possible, a la the teaser trailer for Revenge of the Sith, except even more so. I would constantly cut back and forth between new and old footage, and make it absolutely crystal clear that this is the end of the Skywalker saga. Almost more of a retrospective of the franchise than anything else, one that highlights how this movie is going to bring all that home.

While I agree that's a great strategy, there's a large # of the "fans" who will ***** and moan that it's just like Episode VII and they don't have any new ideas. But at this point, I don't think JJ can do anything to please those "fans".
Ag Since 83
AG
I would heavily feature Rey, Finn, and Poe on screen TOGETHER to try and drive home the point they aren't just going to split them up the whole movie and waste the capital of the relationships built in Episode VII like VIII did.
The Collective
AG
The trailer will kill. Abrams' movies typically have sweet trailers, and Lucasfilm knows they need to nail the marketing on this thing. The wait is almost over.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Same.
Where are the spoiler tags?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Beat40 said:

You are tasked with coming up with the marketing for episode IX in the lead up to it's release. You have seen all of the negative comments around TLJ and how that most likely played a part in a bit of a sub-par performance in theaters for SOLO.

I would mash up some famous quotes from the first 8 movies over images of the 9th

Particularly a shot of Kylo Ren, who I hope is sort of warped by really using the Dark side a lot, with Yoda's line from ROTS sort of cut off to say "The boy you trained, gone he is, consumed ..."

One of Poe doing something in his X-wing in slo-mo backed by Han Solo's 'Never tell me the odds!"

A Rey/Ren meeting with Luke's "I feel the conflict within you, let go of your hate!"

"You know, that ship's saved my life quite a few times. She's the fastest hunk o' junk in the galaxy!" - over a shot of Rey and Chewie walking down the Falcon ramp to meet a waiting Lando Calrissian.

"The Force runs strong in your family" - maybe a little mom/son Force moment between Leia and Kylo?

The day the Episode VII trailer came out, I basically just stopped working for the rest of the afternoon. Have a feeling April 12 is going to do that to me too.

Flashdiaz
AG
2:25 minutes of the Knights of Ren in Vaders castle
The Collective
AG
Flashdiaz said:

2:25 minutes of the Knights of Ren in Vaders castle

Star Wars nerds can't last that long.
Malachi Constant
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Beat40 said:

I would mash up some famous quotes from the first 8 movies over images of the 9th

Particularly a shot of Kylo Ren, who I hope is sort of warped by really using the Dark side a lot, with Yoda's line from ROTS sort of cut off to say "The boy you trained, gone he is, consumed ..."

One of Poe doing something in his X-wing in slo-mo backed by Han Solo's 'Never tell me the odds!"

A Rey/Ren meeting with Luke's "I feel the conflict within you, let go of your hate!"

"You know, that ship's saved my life quite a few times. She's the fastest hunk o' junk in the galaxy!" - over a shot of Rey and Chewie walking down the Falcon ramp to meet a waiting Lando Calrissian.

"The Force runs strong in your family" - maybe a little mom/son Force moment between Leia and Kylo?

The day the Episode VII trailer came out, I basically just stopped working for the rest of the afternoon. Have a feeling April 12 is going to do that to me too.

I want to watch this right now.
FTACO97
AG
Just catching up....are we saying that "the leaked poster" is real? Feels more like someone leaked the April Fools joke early. There's at least 1 element in that poster that makes me skeptical.
Flashdiaz
AG
there is no consensus. Some think it's real (possibly for marketing of toys) while others do not.
We'll find out in about a week.
TCTTS
AG
Love this idea.
First Page Last Page
Page 36 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.