*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

748,726 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Exactly what I had figured beforehand.
TCTTS
AG
Random question...

Since it's looking more and more like the title will potentially debut at the end of the trailer - if that is, in fact, the case - will a character IN the trailer say the title before the reveal at the end?

For instance...

TRAILER CRESCENDOS...

CUT TO:

REY: "We're on the verge of... a new order."

CUT TO BLACK. MUSIC...

TITLE UP: "STAR WARS: A NEW ORDER"

... or will the title be a COMPLETE surprise, i.e. not spoken?
TCTTS
AG
I guess kind of like the first TLJ trailer. Luke doesn't say the exact title, but he does have the final line, just before the title comes up: "It's time for the Jedi... to end."

TITLE UP: "STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI"

... only, imagine that we hadn't previously heard the title yet.

jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

I guess kind of like the first TLJ trailer. Luke doesn't say the exact title, but he does have the final line, just before the title comes up: "It's time for the Jedi... to end."

TITLE UP: "STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI"

... only, imagine that we hadn't previously heard the title yet.

same thing in TFA right?

At the start of the trailer doesn't Snoke say, "There's been an awakening. Can you feel it?"

Edit: Ya here goes:

TCTTS
AG
Good call. Seeing as they've now basically alluded to the title via dialogue in some way in two trailers now makes me think they've likely do the same for IX.
DB Coach
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

No one is talking about the weirdest thing in that poster: Is C3P0 holding Chewy's crossbow?
And he's wearing Chewy's bandolier! LOL
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Random question...

Since it's looking more and more like the title will potentially debut at the end of the trailer - if that is, in fact, the case - will a character IN the trailer say the title before the reveal at the end?

For instance...

TRAILER CRESCENDOS...

CUT TO:

REY: "We're on the verge of... a new order."

CUT TO BLACK. MUSIC...

TITLE UP: "STAR WARS: A NEW ORDER"

... or will the title be a COMPLETE surprise, i.e. not spoken?
If that's the title, this has to be the trailer music.
Quad Dog
AG
If they kill Chewie in this and C3P0 picks up his bowcaster and bandoleer for revenge, the internet will riot.
MandoArms
Quad Dog said:

If they kill Chewie in this and C3P0 picks up his bowcaster and bandoleer for revenge, the internet will riot.
My bet is Chewie dies and they upload his brain into C3PO giving the droid split personalities.
IG: mando_arms
MGS
BrownCoat said:

Quad Dog said:

My bet is Chewie dies and they upload his brain into C3PO giving the droid split personalities.
"I am fluent in more than 6 million forms of dismemberment"
The Collective
AG
3PO is going to carry a dismembered Chewie on his back
Urban Ag
AG
How cool would it be if Lando had to use the Falcon in some sort of kamikaze move to save some of the good guys? A heroic and fitting send off for the last remaining (human) hero of the OT.

For some reason, I don't see the Falcon surviving Ep 9.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, my bet is he gets it back in the end for sure, and does one last heroic act with it. I don't know if they repeat another Kamikaze move, though, since that's essentially how they crippled the First Order in the last one.
twilly
AG
Urban Ag said:

How cool would it be if Lando had to use the Falcon in some sort of kamikaze move to save some of the good guys? A heroic and fitting send off for the last remaining (human) hero of the OT.

I can guarantee the Falcon survives...there are two Disney parks opening soon that have that ship as a key attraction. No way they kill it off now.
TCTTS
AG
Good point.
wangus12
AG
CJS4715 said:

R2 went into low power mode when Luke had just run away. Who knows what the **** he is going to do with Luke dead?
This type of emotional distress is not ok.

Phat32
AG
Hate seeing that TLJ trailer. What could have been.
tamusc
AG
wangus12 said:

CJS4715 said:

R2 went into low power mode when Luke had just run away. Who knows what the **** he is going to do with Luke dead?
This type of emotional distress is not ok.

redline248
AG
On the one hand, it's a little bit crappy that they are going to end the Saga with 9. Rey has a lot of potential stories to tell as a Jedi.

On the other hand, she's also kind of annoying and doesn't feel anything like a Jedi or even how Luke felt while learning.

/end random thoughts
Pro Ag
AG
Urban Ag said:

Given how many parallels there were from 7 to 4, I don't know that I want to see Lando as the captain of the Falcon like we did in 6.
Urban Ag
AG
Geez, I didn't think of that angle either.

Man I suck at Star Wars.
Malachi Constant
AG
What's the name of the droid from solo? Lando will definitely interact with her once he's back in the falcon.
TCTTS
AG
Good call. L3-37.
boogieman
AG
Well. Ain't it cool news claims the title of episode 9 is...(click the link)

https://www.aintitcool.com/title-star-wars-ix-81951/
TCTTS
AG
Ain't It Cool News hasn't been remotely relevant in years - I'm honestly surprised they're still in business (Harry's sister does a lot of the updates now, if that tells you anything) - but who knows. Maybe they still have a source or two left over from the prequel days, back when two rogue Lucasfilm employees literally showed Harry an early cut of Attack of the Clones. That title - I don't see any reason not to post it here, which they're saying is STAR WARS: SKYWALKERS - seems a little too random/weird, though. On one hand it kind of makes sense, but on the other, I just can't see them changing the title format like that with the very last saga movie. Guess we'll find out for sure exactly two weeks from today at the latest...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Harry Knowles swore for years one of the prequels was called "The Creeping Fear".

"Skywalkers" sounds like a theme restaurant at Galaxy Edge where you think your waiter looks a lot like Jake Lloyd and then you realize it is Jake Lloyd.
PatAg
AG
If it's actually titled that I might start to worry.
Saxsoon
AG
That is ****ing dumb
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You could at least spoiler tag that for those of us who purposely avoided clicking the link.
Urban Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Harry Knowles swore for years one of the prequels was called "The Creeping Fear".

"Skywalkers" sounds like a theme restaurant at Galaxy Edge where you think your waiter looks a lot like Jake Lloyd and then you realize it is Jake Lloyd.
That sounds like someone from Lucasfilm was trolling bad info before trolling was called trolling.

Hmmm......what's really cheesy and kind of conveys the same message as The Phantom Menace? Hmmm......throw The Creeping Fear out there and see if it sticks.
TCTTS
AG
Dude, no. That's ridiculous. A rumored title is not a "spoiler" by any stretch of the imagination. How is this any different than any of us speculating on the title here in this thread? At this point, Ain't It Cool News is just as credible as any of us.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/aozwam/the_new_order_could_very_well_be_the_actual_title/

Remember when you spoiler tagged this? Oh, that's right, you didn't. And it was a hundred times more credible than this report is.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why not even give people a chance to decide for themselves? I for one am trying to avoid all rumors after the poster leak.

What is the point of posting the title when the OP had already posted a link?
TCTTS
AG
You first.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm with TCTTS on this.

If THAT post is a "spoiler" for you, then you need to stay off of this thread until the movie releases and you get to watch it, because that was nothing.
First Page Last Page
Page 34 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.