*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

747,522 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess that I can get behind the idea that it is real and some kind of toy marketing poster; it's definitely not the poster as TCTTS stated.

HOLY **** - KNIGHTS OF REN, THANK YOU JJ
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting that TC is buying into this one, he's usually the first to call out rumors as fake news.

Starting to think this is Celebration-exclusive for the Ep IX panel.
TCTTS
AG
That would make a lot of sense as to how/why it leaked.
AgMarauder04
AG
CJS4715 said:

I guess that I can get behind the idea that it is real and some kind of toy marketing poster; it's definitely not the poster as TCTTS stated.

HOLY **** - KNIGHTS OF REN, THANK YOU JJ

Meh. As at this point, I'm a lot less concerned about them and more about wrapping up the plot.... especially since they've had zero impact on the plot of 7 or 8.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Thanks for that, I was wondering who that might be.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Glad the Kylo helmet is back.
Liquid Wrench
No one is talking about the weirdest thing in that poster: Is C3P0 holding Chewy's crossbow?
Flashdiaz
AG
TCTTS said:

Common sense. We haven't seen any of these images anywhere else before. So how would some fanboy be able to put them all together in a poster if no one has had access to them before now? Also, Disney has requested the poster be taken down at multiple sites now. It's real.
Confirmation is if it came from StarWars.com or Disney, everything else is speculation.

Regardless, I think the individual character pictures are real. But the poster is fake. If that poster turns out to be real, i'll be disappointed.
TCTTS
AG
I love the idea that the Resistance is so small that they potentially need every man, woman, and robot to fight. Seeing C-3PO in that situation is the only thing left that could make him feel fresh/useful again, so I'm all for it. Could be fun.
redline248
AG
Well, if it is legit, we have a new Stormtrooper helmet front and center.

I'm thinking it's fake. That Rey pose is from TFA. Not sure I see the point in reusing that when she's gone through a couple changes, look-wise, already.
redline248
AG
We've already seen C3P-O fighting, old news

TCTTS
AG
Flashdiaz said:

TCTTS said:

Common sense. We haven't seen any of these images anywhere else before. So how would some fanboy be able to put them all together in a poster if no one has had access to them before now? Also, Disney has requested the poster be taken down at multiple sites now. It's real.
Confirmation is if it came from StarWars.com or Disney, everything else is speculation.

Regardless, I think the individual character pictures are real. But the poster is fake. If that poster turns out to be real, i'll be disappointed.

"Confirmation" is Disney requesting that it be taken down. Why else would they do so? And again, how could someone fake that? There's literally no explanation. Did someone find all the actors, dress them in accurate costumes, take their pictures, and then assemble them together in a poster? And just happen to guess exactly right on a couple of the costumes we hadn't yet seen? Otherwise, who is this person who has access to unreleased images, then puts them all together in a poster, then releases a blurry version of it online? The only explanation is that it's real. You're letting your desire for it to be fake cloud rationalization.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I must have blocked that. Good call.
redline248
AG
redline248 said:

I'm thinking it's fake. That Rey pose is from TFA. Not sure I see the point in reusing that when she's gone through a couple changes, look-wise, already.
Replying to myself - I think I'm wrong on the Rey pose. It's very similar to some other images of her, but not exactly the same as the one on the alleged poster.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Die Jedi dogs!
CoachRTM
AG
I'm a big fan of the mouth-breathing alien over Finn's shoulder.
TCTTS
AG
redline248 said:

Because Rey's doing a familiar pose, that makes the poster fake? Rey's costume in that pic is one we haven't seen anywhere else, save for a couple of grainy leaked pics.

Guys... THE. POSTER. IS. REAL.

Deal with it.
TCTTS
AG
Just saw your response after I typed mine.
The Collective
AG
Did Daisy lose weight? Not that she was ever overweight in the slightest, but her cheeks look slimmer.
wangus12
AG
How the **** does R2D2 not make it onto the poster
TCTTS
AG
He dies in the first five minutes.
Liquid Wrench
Damn you Anthony Daniels!
Belton Ag
AG
Opening crawl:

R2D2 HAS VANISHED!
Liquid Wrench
Note: R2D2 dies on his way back to his home planet.
Bruce Almighty
AG
All the droids will now be outraged and demand Disney change the poster.
twilly
AG
One issue, if it is real, and if it's a Celebration Panel poster, then why wouldn't it have the movie title. I mean we are assuming it's going to be released at the panel correct? Something aboutl this poster doesn't quite add up.

I mean even if the title wasn't going to be released, then Episode IX would be plastered on it, right?

It likely it's a "first draft" or pre-production print that designers use before it's sent for finishing printing.
MGS
Social Media Influencer said:

No one is talking about the weirdest thing in that poster: Is C3P0 holding Chewy's crossbow?
Maybe it's Chewie disguised as harmless protocol droid!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
A person I know at a company you know says its promotional for celebration / retailers - i.e. every returning/new character they're going to be selling merch for - that's why where's no R2D2 but a weaponized C3PO, and no Rose or Luke or Leia.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
wangus12 said:

C3PO goes rogue and kills him for all those ******* beeps and raspberries over the last 60 years they've been partnered up.
MandoArms
wangus12 said:

Clearly this is a toy poster, only new/updated characters are on it. I guess R2D2 doesn't get any upgrades.
IG: mando_arms
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I've been told that the prequels suck, therefore they don't really count. So no, apparently we've never actually seen C-3P0 brandishing a weapon.
TCTTS
AG
Good to know, and that makes sense. Thanks.

It'd feel kind of gross making money off Leia at this point via a new figure. That, and the Rose haters should be happy. No toy likely means not a lot of screen time.
redline248
AG
Nah, they are just holding back the Rose promo material to keep the outrage tempered as long as possible.
The Collective
AG
twilly said:

One issue, if it is real, and if it's a Celebration Panel poster, then why wouldn't it have the movie title. I mean we are assuming it's going to be released at the panel correct? Something aboutl this poster doesn't quite add up.

Well, this could go along with the theory that the title isn't being revealed until the end of the trailer, so they aren't plastering it on any promo material.
The Collective
AG
R2 went into low power mode when Luke had just run away. Who knows what the **** he is going to do with Luke dead?
First Page Last Page
Page 33 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.