*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

740,132 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Whos Juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
veryfuller said:

Does this mean a title reveal next week?

Star Wars Episode 9: Also Endgame
Urban Ag
AG
redline248 said:

So, I doubt we'll get it, but I do wonder if there is any plan to go further into Kylo's turn. We got basically 1.5 movies worth of Anakin's justification for turning. All we have so far is a line from Leia that Snoke got to Ben, and Kylo's own twisted memory of Luke "trying to kill" him.
Kylo: He loved that damn wookie more than he ever loved me.
ja86
AG
Whos Juan said:

veryfuller said:

Does this mean a title reveal next week?

Star Wars Episode 9: Also Endgame
new game.... it isn't ending.... ghosts will appear.. mark my words...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One month from today, I'll be in the room when the new trailer is shown for the first time on the planet.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Not so humble brag.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

One month from today, I'll be in the room when the new trailer is shown for the first time on the planet.

Are you in line yet?
Urban Ag
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Not so humble brag.
come on, it's not like he was asking for suggestions on where to watch the trailer in Paris

/rimshot

jokershady
AG
Me when I see this thread bumped to the top hoping to see a title reveal:

Me once I realize it was for something else and we still have no title announcement:

Stewade
Staff
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

If only you had a platform where you could post live notes and updates...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I got you, fam.

TCTTS
AG
I've said it before, but at this point, being a month out, my bet is they just wait 'til celebration to announce the title.
Ag Since 83
AG
Surely they will announce it before the event though. The first panels are Friday I think but the store is open Thursday so a lot of branded crap to sell.
The Collective
AG
My bet is they do the reveal heading into the event.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, those are good points. So maybe week of?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We have a trailer date. April 12. (Friday, not Saturday.)

Ag Since 83
AG
Bah, to camp or not to camp...
The Collective
AG
How crazy would this be?
Quote:

many are beginning to speculate that J.J. Abrams may wait until this panel to reveal the title with the trailer, which will likely dramatically fade in at the very end of the clip
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty much what I'm expecting. No reason to not hold that reveal for the trailer at this point.
The Collective
AG
They have to be creating merchandise already with the title. How in hell are they keeping all of it on lock down?
TCTTS
AG
Except for potential marketing/sales at Celebration, which was brought up here earlier today. How much merch has been at Celebration with "The Force Awakens" or "The Last Jedi" on it BEFORE the trailer debuted on the Friday of the respective Celebrations (it's always been Friday, by the way). Legit asking. If they're trying to sell merchandise with the Episode IX title on Thursday/Friday morning, they'd likely announce the title before. Otherwise, yeah, I think the coolest option would be just to reveal it at the end of the trailer itself.
TCTTS
AG
You beat me to it.
TCTTS
AG
And yeah, that's a good point. The second that merch goes into production the title is leaking.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I would assume that merch is hitting the con floors the second that panel is over. But, who knows.
The Collective
AG
Just took a look at some of the SW merchandise from last year. How do I not own this?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

(it's always been Friday, by the way)
You're right. Not sure why I didn't realize that.
Flashdiaz
AG
Pretty sure they can sell merch that just had IX on it.
Ag Since 83
AG
Pretty sure the official store is open Thursday, and there are people who have Thursday only tickets just to get to shop. If I was them, I'd be pretty pissed if they roll out new merchandise on Friday.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thursday is not an official con day. It's a "Preview" day only available to people with the 5-day passes.
jokershady
AG
I've never wanted a shirt as bad as I want that one right now!
Ag Since 83
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Thursday is not an official con day. It's a "Preview" day only available to people with the 5-day passes.

They sold some single day Thursday tickets at a cheaper cost than the other days. You can see it in the "sold out" picture when you try and buy tickets now, or the link below has some details from the original announcement.

http://scavengersholocron.com/category/home/star-wars-celebration-2019-what-you-need-to-know/

Now they might say "screw it" and not sell everything the first day, but that seems...dishonest
TCTTS
AG
Looks like *a* poster - but not *the* poster - for Episode IX has leaked. It looks to be more of a promotional toy packaging image than anything else. Even though it IS an official image, PLEASE keep discussion about it in spoiler tags, since this IS a leak and hasn't been officially released yet...

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/b64bby/heres_your_episode_ix_poster_bros/
TCTTS
AG
For the record...

I'm pretty sure the character in purple is Keri Russel's character; some kind of bounty hunter, I think. We also have our first decent look at the Knights of Ren, along with our first look at Naomi Ackie's character in the top right, rumored to possibly be Lando's daughter.
TCTTS
AG
And now a few more character images here...

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/b64eh0/episode_ix_character_reveals/

It looks like Keri Russel's (character name is "Zorii" while Ackie's is "Jannah"
Flashdiaz
AG
"Even though it IS an official image"

what makes you say this?
TCTTS
AG
Common sense. We haven't seen any of these images anywhere else before. So how would some fanboy be able to put them all together in a poster if no one has had access to them before now? Also, Disney has requested the poster be taken down at multiple sites now. It's real.
First Page Last Page
Page 32 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.